Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with Eldridge? I recall when he first came up he looked SUPER goodto me but IIRC people nixed the idea for some reason on here.

Besides the fact Eldridge meets all the sicko criteria, I'm also emotionally influenced by wishful thinking... As I'd love to believe the killer is already locked-up somewhere. :mad:

Good thought process. So what was the original direction of the investigation?
1. Keep all information close the to chest. 90 degree change would be release more info.
2. ?? Help me out with what else ??

The 90 degrees thing is really perplexing me. Maybe they misspoke and meant “180 degrees”? It’s the kind of phrase that might easily be said the wrong way (?)

If they didn’t misspeak and did in fact mean 90 degrees, that says to me that it’s not a totally new direction (bc that would be 180 degrees). 90 degrees could mean there is something that has been assumed that is not accurate, but it’s not fundamentally different than the path that’s been pursued to this point.

Such a strange comment, the 90 degrees :confused:

MOO

The 90 degrees thing is really perplexing me. Maybe they misspoke and meant “180 degrees”? It’s the kind of phrase that might easily be said the wrong way (?)

If they didn’t misspeak and did in fact mean 90 degrees, that says to me that it’s not a totally new direction (bc that would be 180 degrees). 90 degrees could mean there is something that has been assumed that is not accurate, but it’s not fundamentally different than the path that’s been pursued to this point.

MOO
Extremely strange.

MOO

BBM.

True. People say "360" all the time when they mean 180.

MOO

That's a good point. So it could be something like finding out there was an internet connection after all, or something along those lines.

MOO
I say they did a 360 so 180 or 90 may just be a person not great in math lol lol

What's up with Eldridge? I recall when he first came up he looked SUPER goodto me but IIRC people nixed the idea for some reason on here.
I think some people were expecting a quick arrest or st least a press conference and when that didn’t happen they concluded he wasn’t responsible for the Delphi murders.

A more likely scenario would be weeks or months of behind the scenes work by LE with no announcement to the public.

MOO

Maybe they actually found BG or he turned himself in and they subsequently eliminated him as a suspect through DNA? Granted, it would be an unbelievable coincidence if Libby took video of one guy for looking/acting creepy and then ran into a far creepier one, but it might fit with the 90/180-degree theme.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. I am going to ponder for a while about 90 degree direction. The not taking questions implies they don't need help from the press or public at this time.

It might also mean there was a possible connection between him and the girls. Maybe he knew they were going to be there? OR MAYBE HE FOLLOWED THEM?

I have always wondered if the girls and the sister who drove them, may have stopped to get snacks on the way.

I have thought that maybe someone may have followed them from a minimart or gas station. And then saw that the 2 young girls were being dropped off alone?

MOO

The 90 degree change makes sense. Doing a 360 as some people say obviously makes no sense, as that means you are right back where you started, meaning no progress at all. A 180 also is not encouraging, because imagine you have started down a path of investigation. If you do a 180, you are heading back down that same path, but now the opposite direction, back toward where you started from, so that does not show any progress either. With a 90 degree change, you started down that path of investigation, but now something has arisen that has changed the path of the investigation, but you are not back where you started, nor are you headed back to where you started, so there is still real progress, just in a different direction.

If the suspect is indeed someone currently in custody for a different crime, maybe the "90 degree change" statement reflects the investigation focus switching from finding the perp, to now building a case against him?

I think experience has shown us that we shouldn't take LE statements too literally or parse them too deeply for subtle meanings.
I fully agree. I think LE is careful with what they say, but I don't think they're necessarily cryptic. I do know in the Mollie Tibbetts case, when LE announced a PC with "significant information," there was a body, a vehicle, a suspect, and an arrest warrant. Let's hope this announcement is just as significant.

Well, if today's responses here are any indication interest in the case has ramped up significantly. And publicity of the case is a very good thing. It keeps the public thinking about the photos, sketch and audio and be more aware of who is around them.

I'm wondering if this is release of previously held evidence (e.g., the video of the killer walking), new evidence (e.g., Parabon sketch from DNA) or a procedural change in the investigative team. By making the announcement at the end of one week for a PC at the beginning of the next it is accelerating interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member