Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During talk hours ago with a friend (who isn't actually interested in our topic on WS :p), we came to the result, BG rather seems to be no "leftie" because the bum bag is on his right side. If he was a left handed person, it would be positioned at his left side.

Thank you!

I would tend to agree. And quite honestly, I don’t see a gun. He probably had it, though.

I agree. Almost seems as though as a clash between department strategies/experts. Finally, someone decided to release the initial sketch and clip.
Perhaps. I'm not LE, so I really can't judge. I genuinely defer to them. But I still can't help but have the opinion (knowing I may merely just be uneducated about proper LE precedents) that they should have released the walking video snippet way back when. Unless they were trying to avoid part of the video. There is nothing "revealing" to the 2 second moving bit. We learn nothing more. If after a year no one was biting at the stills, I don't see why it wasn't released. In any case, not trying to beat a dead horse. Was just commenting on the topic of whether LE had to be sure certain other parts were not revealed.

Delete

ETA:
Okay so I’m realizing that the clarification on the ISP Release from the 24th that says “late 30s” could technically mean maximum of 39 years and 364 days, so that’s not much of a difference from Carter putting the cap at 40 on the 22nd.

(I was speed reading earlier and thought you guys meant they changed the max to 30, I totally misread. I think that’s why I asked for the link. Whatever the case, my brain is still mush haha.)

Last edited:
Which jibes perfectly with what I believe this crime to be; a random crime of opportunity.

He probably always traveled with a weapon close by, and simply had to stuff it into his pocket before setting out in pursuit.

Could the gun y'all are seeing been a BB gun or pellet gun? They scare just as badly! Personally I don't see a gun but that's just me.
MOO,MOO

Grudge against humanity as a whole, or the entire community- I'd agree. I could see it being a grudge against teenage girls however.

JMO.

Same here, I also tend toward him being on the younger end of the age range, maybe early twenties or so. Jmo
Similar to Ted Bundy who held a serious “grudge” against any young woman who resembled his former gf.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I would tend to agree. And quite honestly, I don’t see a gun. He probably had it, though.
Depending on the quality of the photo or video, you can see some things like for example the silhouette of a weapon on his right jacket side (or you can't see) or BG moving his head to the left (or you can't see). It changes constantly, depending on the template.

Could the gun y'all are seeing been a BB gun or pellet gun? They scare just as badly! Personally I don't see a gun but that's just me.
MOO,MOO
I don’t see a gun either, but I still think he likely had one.

Sure, it could have been fake. Those girls likely wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference.

If he had one, I think it was real though.

MOO,MOO

IMO people who are trained properly to have guns are taught not to ever point it at someone unless you intend to use it. Again, this is “responsible gun owner mentality.” In other words, there’s no faking out when you’re taught to shoot. I had a long talk about this with various knowledgeable people when I considered carrying a “fake gun” for protection (meaning to just scare someone off if they ever threatened harm, that way I wouldn’t actually hurt anyone)...everybody was HIGHLY against the idea— I know you are saying “pellet or BB gun” specifically, but imo, it’s like the taser, I don’t see BG going into those woods with anything but a plain old real firearm. Again, I’m having a hard time explaining why due to brain fog but I hope to be able to find better words to express this thought more clearly. Of course we know anything is possible!

ETA: The fact that they ended up dead is what leads me to believe he’s not just the scaring type. If he was just trying to scare them into complying and released them, that would possibly show a variance as to intent, which might make the idea of a BB/pellet gun more plausible. (Still having trouble explaining). I think he went in there with the intention to kill, even though gunshots might not be the COD. I think thaaaat someone, that I imagine in my head BG to be, predator hunter, who likes to assault and kill people, children, probably likes heavy duty weapons. Guns, knives..he may even be obsessed with them...he’s maybe even got a collection of weapons, moo, like an arsenal.

ETA: There was some killer I saw on tv not too long ago, I couldn’t tell you what case or who but he had such a collection of weapons he literally had compartments in his walls and stuff just filled with guns, knives...and I saw that and I thought to myself I wonder if it’s the same thing here. (I might’ve even posted about that, can’t remember. We are at 101 threads here, I think my brain has reached maximum input for the moment.)

Last edited:
But if people are seeing these things in the photo and video then they wouldn't be in the bag-they'd be on him at some point. I don't remember faces very well but I would definitely remember someone walking around wearing a respirator and carrying long weapons.
No, no, a respirator?

ETA: Wait, are you serious about a respirator? Just in case I’m taking back my LOL.

Last edited:
This is a direct quote from the ISP official clarification that was linked to earlier (snipped by me):
Your post just made me wonder if DNA Phenotyping hasn't played a roll in the new sketch. Police say the old sketch is to be disregarded for the new face of BG. Maybe when the ISP got those DNA results in January they'd had a phenotyping done. It's possible it looked nothing like the first sketch but they realized hey this looks familiar. Maybe it really favored that first sketch LE had disregared for whatever reason. Now LE has to go back and look at why they disregarded that first sketch. I was reading that the phenotype process can issue two sketches, one at the age of 20 and one at 40.
"DNA analysis does not currently indicate a subject’s age. This analysis included two images, one of the subject at age 20 and another imagined to be age 40."

Could this testing practice (if generating two differently aged faces actually is done in every case) account for the ISP stating an age range but then saying he could look younger?

Forensic DNA Phenotyping

I was reading that the phenotype process can issue two sketches, one at the age of 20 and one at 40.
Could this testing practice (if generating two differently aged faces actually is done in every case) account for the ISP stating an age range but then saying he could look younger?

Forensic DNA Phenotyping
Snipped

I wish that they had BG's DNA, but from their comments and actions so far, it's clear that LE does not have a complete nuclear DNA profile (if they have anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak