Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!! Everything you just posted was excellent! The last paragraph especially.

My kiddo shared their SC access info with a friend not even thinking anything about it. They didn’t understand why I was mad because “everybody does it”. To remedy this i changed their password and didn’t tell them the new one. They can’t access SC from anywhere but their phone and won’t even log out of snap chat now to let a friend access their account on their phone.

Don’t even get me started with fake accounts. I think LE can still figure out the user, but it wouldn’t be as easy as identifying someone with a real account. Would be really time consuming too.

With SC there would be a record of who you communicated with and who communicated with you in the cache (no content just a record like a phone bill), but all you have to do is clear it and poof it’s all gone. No message (unless it was saved by the user) because of how SC operates and no record of the conversation on the phone. That’s SC 2019 - not sure about SC 2017 (I didn’t have it then). My question is how long does SC retain transaction records. Hopefully a while. Also hope LE has something that can recover SC info that’s just snapped and sent (not saved in any way then deleted).

If I remember correctly, Snapchat is linked to your phone # and sends a verification text. So when I log out of mine, and can’t remember my password..it sends a verification text to my phone and I have to enter that code. I could be wrong, but 98% sure you can’t hack someone else’s account or login with their info unless you type in the verification code sent to that phone.

I agree and although the new sketch is much more detailed, the wavy/curly hair is throwing me off. I get that the witness obviously saw the guy (so what do I know) but I’m assuming a small percentage of the male population has curly hair. I just hope that curly hair isn’t preventing someone from calling in that much needed tip. MOO

Yeah...he is very likely bald or close-cropped currently...or maybe his hair looks darker now...

But you can't change that chin.....

As much as I would like to think they know who it is and are watching him I dont think that is the case. I did at first after the PC but not after 3 weeks.
Delphi is a small town and small PD and IMO they would be noticed watching someone. Either that or by local LE means within a 50 mile radius then perhaps they may not be notice in some of the bigger towns.
I agree. I believe Carter is bluffing. The State Police are all over the place.
Carter said they have his DNA, another Sargent says they can't comment on any DNA.
The State Police say chances are he has a family, yet lists his age between 18-40. I could have guessed that without seeing any photo because that's the age range that most criminals are period. Chances are an 18 year old isn't going to have a family.
Carter claims he may be in the room, yet when asked about that later when interviewed by many MSM outlets, he says "well if he wasn't in the room, he was close by." What's "close by?" At the local McDonalds? 20 miles away sitting in his house? The truth is, he had no clue where he was, IMO.
The State said because he used the word "guy" that means he may work with kids? Tons of people use that word today in referencing both men and women. If someone walks into a room with more than one person, chances are they'll say "hey guys." How many You Tube videos start out with "Hey Guys?" Does that mean that every person that makes You Tube videos works with kids? I don't get the connection.
JMO but, I don't think that calling a press conference to say they had new and important information was the reason for calling the PC at all. To me, hearing "guys" didn't do anything that would help solve this case. I believe they did it because they are frustrated they haven't solved this case yet, and they did that to stir the pot in hopes to keep everyones interest alive, and in return they will get a tip that will solve this case, and to keep the pressure on this guy.

IF they crossed the creek, 3 people sloshing through the water would be loud, wouldn’t it? This crime happened quickly & so they’d have to move fairly swift through the water.
I understand that maybe the girls didn’t/couldn’t scream, but if we go with the theory that they crossed the creek, no one heard them?? I don’t know if I can buy into that.
Maybe someone did hear & they told LE, but we aren’t privy to that info?
MOO

Look at the distances between where the girls and BG crossed the creek and the bridge... both north and sound ends along with the entire expanse of the bridge. No need to measure because you can imagine the "tiny size" of a person who would be standing on the bridge to gain perspective. Figure in the sounds of the creek water flowing constantly... no, I can't imagine anyone would have heard anyone crossing the creek.

Attachments

• CREEK SOUND.jpg
    CREEK SOUND.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 65
I would also like to know why they were talking about him. What made him worth talking about? I wonder if there was some mannerism they picked up on that might be helpful in narrowing down who it was.

It may have been something as innocuous as thinking they should get off the bridge before he caught up to them simply because of space limitations. Standard width of the railroad ties between the rails is 4ft, 8.5 in. That's not real wide, they're 63 ft up in the air and a 3rd person coming closer. Could be that at that point, they weren't suspicious of him at all but just thinking of bridge safety.

Railroad Track Facts… Construction, Safety and More.

Look at the distances between where the girls and BG crossed the creek and the bridge... both north and sound ends along with the entire expanse of the bridge. No need to measure because you can imagine the "tiny size" of a person who would be standing on the bridge to gain perspective. Figure in the sounds of the creek water flowing constantly... no, I can't imagine anyone would have heard anyone crossing the creek.
Thank you for the image. It’s been a verrrry long time since I even looked at the area surrounding the bridge.
Are there any trails on the side of the creek near where the girls were found?
I do live in a heavily forested area, near a river & a lake. Sound does carry very well (even near the river) when there are no leaves on the trees.
MOO

If I remember correctly, Snapchat is linked to your phone # and sends a verification text. So when I log out of mine, and can’t remember my password..it sends a verification text to my phone and I have to enter that code. I could be wrong, but 98% sure you can’t hack someone else’s account or login with their info unless you type in the verification code sent to that phone.

Actually just tested logging into my SC account from another device and it worked just fine. It’s not something I had actually done before, but the kiddo/friend did it. Had to see for myself and no verification code needed. If you forget your password it does send a code.

Also, just to see how easy it was to create a fake account I made one. Took maybe a minute and it’s not tied to my phone. I didn’t write the gibberish I put for the name down, but it looked like first name firnfifjrnv last name efnjvijtr. SC scares me. It’s cool and fun I guess, but the wrong person using it for bad things can do a lot. Not saying that’s what happened with this case - just thinking in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum