Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

An alibi that was fake?
JMO
Back around the time RL was arrested, an LEO stated in a news interview (no link, so take it as you will) that some alibis were coming up as less than true, so they were rechecking those alibis.
MOO JMO
ETA: Link below & part of article
Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings
“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

I don’t think that PC was for the public. I think it was directed by numerous INTELLIGENT and INFORMED LEO who have done profiling and know way more about this case than we do. I think they were speaking directly to the peep and/or those who may know him. I could be wrong, but they don’t owe me or the public anything. They want justice more than any of us do. JMO
I totally agree.

That wasn’t about the public, atleast as far as we are concerned.

That was an effort to rattle the killer, and anyone who may harbor suspicions that they know who BG is.

Also I don't think parking is allowed in cemetaries except for visiting. Since they are monitered by LE I doubt the killer would have parked there. Imo

I don't really have a dog in this race because I haven't decided how I feel about the whole car/parking situation, but I do know the cemetery. While it may be "monitored" in theory, it's definitely not a location that LE drives by with any regularity. It's a small department and they're stretched thin as it is. And while you're not meant to park there except for visiting the graves, people do it anyway. Some people like parking there,visiting the graves, and then walking around outside of the cemetery.

So...for two years, LE thought the guy on the video was the guy in the sketch they posted narionwide? Do I have that right?

But now he is...nothing? Not important?

I have yet to hear anything from Carter that I can understand and make sense of, I feel like we speak different languages...

I don’t think that PC was for the public. I think it was directed by numerous INTELLIGENT and INFORMED LEO who have done profiling and know way more about this case than we do. I think they were speaking directly to the peep and/or those who may know him. I could be wrong, but they don’t owe me or the public anything. They want justice more than any of us do. JMO

Yes they may have been talking to perp and those who know him, but LE does not know who the perp is. No way they would use a sketch if they did.
Jmo

IN respose to post asking me if parking in cemetaries is illegal: (Don't know where the quote went)

All I know is many years ago a boyfriend and I were parked in a cemetary and within 15 minutes we had very bright flashlights shining in our eyes and the police informed us that parking was strictly for visitors.
They were about to give us a ticket when one of them realized my boyfriend was the brother of a girl he dated in high school.
I don't know about all cemetaries but recently I taught my daughter to drive in one (a different state than the other) and there were two police cars making the rounds.
So I guess I just associate cemetaries with cops.
Not a good place to park if you are considering committing a murder. Imo

IMO, this opinion sounds like it is rooted in a bias against people of a particular religion.

I didn't read it as being biased against a religion. Even if you take religion out of the picture, I read the post more as that his parents could be wearing blinders. There are lots of parents who seem to overestimate their child's abilities in something.

I didn't read it as being biased against a religion. Even if you take religion out of the picture, I read the post more as that his parents could be wearing blinders. There are lots of parents who seem to overestimate their child's abilities in something.

That, or he is a product of their creation.

Many killers like this (if he is in the mold of a serial killer), come from abusive households.

It doesn’t excuse their behavior, but it explains how they became monsters.

His parents for instance, might not be looking the other way.

They might just not be looking at all.

Here's something to ponder (with respect to the suspect's possibly needing to "catch his breath..."): What if...the suspect won/has won various track awards, say, in h.s./college? Would he really need to "catch his breath"? Maybe not? MOO

(Snipped by me for focus)

Jumping off of your post as another idea just struck me. What if he didn’t need to catch his breath because he was running off of pure adrenaline?

Also TL4S had mentioned why we didn’t hear anger in the recording if it was recorded after chasing down the girls, and I know some people that when they get extremely mad, they get scarily serious and calm. Maybe this was the case in the audio since he sounds like he has a tone of authority (at least to me.)

Judging not only by the video of BG, but by the description of his height/weight, if this guy won “various track awards,” he certainly let himself go.

That, or he won awards for trying the hardest or something.

Your post made me spit my water out from laughing. Sorry I know it’s inappropriate, but thanks for the giggles.

As always everything above is MOO and speculation.

Back around the time RL was arrested, an LEO stated in a news interview (no link, so take it as you will) that some alibis were coming up as less than true, so they were rechecking those alibis.
MOO JMO
ETA: Link below & part of article
Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings
“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”
Thank you for posting the link.

If, in fact, BG was interviewed early on then I am thinking that BG either had a brilliant story concocted, or had something - a receipt? or someone (a buddy he gave a great story to?) that appeared very solidly to be his alibi.

Based on who he is....LE was satisfied and then moved on.

JMO

I don't really have a dog in this race because I haven't decided how I feel about the whole car/parking situation, but I do know the cemetery. While it may be "monitored" in theory, it's definitely not a location that LE drives by with any regularity. It's a small department and they're stretched thin as it is. And while you're not meant to park there except for visiting the graves, people do it anyway. Some people like parking there,visiting the graves, and then walking around outside of the cemetery.
How often are you there? I would think in a small town like that LE would have plenty of time to make the rounds. Imo

IN respose to post asking me if parking in cemetaries is illegal:
Well, all I know is many years ago a boyfriend and I were parked in a cemetary and within 15 minutes we had very bright flashlights shining in our eyes and the police informed us that parking was strictly for visitors.
They were about to give us a ticket when one of them realized my boyfriend was the brother of a girl he dated in high school.
I don't know about all cemetaries but recently I taught my daughter to drive in one (a different state than the other) and there were two police cars making the rounds.

None of those places were good places to park if one was considering committing a murder. It continues to be a mystery.

Surveillance depends on many different things including size of force, location of cemetery, time of day, history of crime, etc. If they see a car parked there, they're mostly going to assume that that the person's there to see a grave. The cemetery by the park has some really old graves in it. Some people like to go up there and do etchings (which they really shouldn't do) or just to walk around and take pictures. It wouldn't be suspicious to see a car there. In a lot of small towns if there's one in the middle of town and it has a reputation for being a place where criminal mischief happens then they might go in there if it's after dark and they see headlights, but for a small force there's generally more than enough to keep them busy. LE doesn't patrol any of ours and only go up there if someone makes a call about vandalism.

They wouldn't make a general public appeal for information if they had a specific suspect. They'd be conducting a private, specific investigation instead.

That one tip is the only thing preventing this from being s cold case.

I agree with you, LE gave no indication they have their eye on a suspect. In fact they said the opposite during their appeal to people in and around Delphi - this is just the beginning and they’re not “near done”.

The worst thing is for somebody, a friend, coworker or neighbour, who might have that one tip LE is waiting for to be sitting back thinking LE has the case solved so they don’t need to get involved.

Last edited:
IN respose to post asking me if parking in cemetaries is illegal: (Don't know where the quote went)

All I know is many years ago a boyfriend and I were parked in a cemetary and within 15 minutes we had very bright flashlights shining in our eyes and the police informed us that parking was strictly for visitors.
I think the fact you were parked at the cemetery at night was what caught LE’s attention. If it was during the day you could’ve been visiting a grave. I cant see LE stopping and checking everyone parked during the day. The only cemetery I have relatives in is Arlington so I don’t have a large frame of reference.

In my experience, when a case goes cold and info is scarce, the theories get wilder and more far-fetched. ;)

I cannot help but think of the Closs case. LE was hampered by the fact that JP had no prior association with JC. He was a loner, living "off the grid," outside Barron County. I wonder if something similar is true of BG. No prior association with the girls. No cell phone or social media trail. Maybe BG's a loner and, though he has a past connection with Delphi, now lives outside the general area. If so, LE may not even be close to IDing him.

@sumzero, after listening and re-listening to the Apr. 22nd PC, it is difficult -- no, impossible -- for me to believe that the suspect is anything but a local. Local to the town of Delphi. Local to know the Monon High Bridge trail. Local to know who was home and who was "snow-birding" (in the nearby houses). Local to know the sneakiest-peekiest way to be on the bridge and to get the best view. Local to... (should I write this?)...lie to LE. Local, local, local. But! I "get" why you mentioned the JC case in WI, and JP (who admitted that he saw her and planned to "take" her [his exact word; creepy]). Oh -- did I say "local to have family/friends in Delphi"? And I also meant to say "local", as in having a "local workplace/place to volunteer in Delphi".
--
Now, having said all of that, of course, LE will oust him from the middle of some underground cavern 5 states away...:-) Well... up until at least Feb. 13, 2017, IMO he was local. And -- this, based on the PC of April 22nd (scarcely a month ago) -- I would say that the suspect still is local (though he may commute from time to time; just think of the "heat" he's feeling... or... is he? Maybe he's just hit "delete" on his conscience? But that's a whole other topic!).

All just MOO and pure speculation. :rolleyes:

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. Did any of the witnesses see someone dressed (blue jacket, jeans etc) like the BG photograph from Libby’s phone? I’m not talking about the two facial sketches (hair, eye color, etc). I’m wondering if anyone on the bridge that day saw a man/teenager dressed in the clothes we see in the photograph. Thanks!

How often are you there? I would think in a small town like that LE would have plenty of time to make the rounds. Imo

Several times a year for the past 39 years, but we have older family buried there and have visited at various times of the day and year. My aunt and cousin live less than 5 minutes away and go up there often to clean off the graves.

I mean, I'm not going to argue about it. I'm just sharing personal experience that I have with that specific cemetery. Other cemeteries may be different. I have no idea where BG parked or why he parked where he did.

So...for two years, LE thought the guy on the video was the guy in the sketch they posted narionwide? Do I have that right?

But now he is...nothing? Not important?

I have yet to hear anything from Carter that I can understand and make sense of, I feel like we speak different languages...

I interpreted what Carter said as meaning that they had located and identified the guy in the OBG sketch and for whatever reason that man is no longer a suspect. But you're right, his language isn't very precise and I wouldn't try to read too much into it. Nor would I be surprised to learn I'm wrong about what he meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19