Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE are not "accidentally" going to find this elusive killer. He hunted the girls and took time to do what he needed to do and unfortunately everything is kept "secret". So apparently LE is smarter than us all and cant tell us so they can take 2-3 years+ to arrest this guy and build a case, the longer time goes by the more confusion. I still dont understand why they dont release all information in these cases . I love the KISS technique Keep It Simple Stupid. It should be like Ninja Warrior the quicker LE solve the crime the better - they generally always know who did it but spend years dotting the "I"s and crossing the "T"S. Simplify the prosecution laws - maybe they should call it the OJ clause.

LE are not "accidentally" going to find this elusive killer. He hunted the girls and took time to do what he needed to do and unfortunately everything is kept "secret". So apparently LE is smarter than us all and cant tell us so they can take 2-3 years+ to arrest this guy and build a case, the longer time goes by the more confusion. I still dont understand why they dont release all information in these cases . I love the KISS technique Keep It Simple Stupid. It should be like Ninja Warrior the quicker LE solve the crime the better - they generally always know who did it but spend years dotting the "I"s and crossing the "T"S. Simplify the prosecution laws - maybe they should call it the OJ clause.

MOO they don't have a DNA match. They have had three false confessions that I have heard about. In the old days one of those would have been hung, and they would call it solved.

MOO they don't have a DNA match. They have had three false confessions that I have heard about. In the old days one of those would have been hung, and they would call it solved.
Great post. Although we can get annoyed with the slow roll to conviction, our system has gotten better at not convicting and punishing innocent people. We have a long ways to go though. No doubt there are plenty of poor, underrepresented innocents still in jail. It is a disgrace to our society. We all want justice, but we can't compound tragedies by convicting the wrong people just to call it solved. Thank you for this important post Boxer!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Where've you heard this new information?

Searched for aa long as I can right now.
News video snippet of sheriff saying they would be looking into Etter like they did with any tips that they get.
IIRC in context, among other comments about their processing each new possibility he said "I think we are up to 3 false confessions"

Not necessarily. Ted Bundy was murdering multiple women in the Pacific Northwest for years, completely undetected. He had no run-ins with law enforcement -- unless you count being given a citation for running down and apprehending a mugger-- until he was arrested in Utah for the attempted kidnapping of Carol DaRonch.

So it's entirely possible that this offender could have had absolutely no criminal history or problems with law enforcement, and still committed heinous crimes without anyone knowing about it.

Ted Bundy had been arrested several times though

In the case of my POI #1 I believe LE has loads of time to build a case as he is incarcerated and likely to be so for a long time to come.

In the case of my POI #2 I believe they have him under close watch and are waiting out DNA entanglements (and yes, possibly waiting out the unraveling of an alibi, someone covering for him, knowingly or not).

In the case of my POI #3 (yes 3, I hate to admit... I am still scrutinizing each of these ... and wishing I had more info!!!) I believe the problem is that the presence of his DNA would be not unexpected (someone they oft come into contact with) so LE needs the alibi proven false in order to move beyond (someone covering for him, though not sure if they mean to be or if he has them genuinely fooled).

Feel free to poke holes at my line(s) of thinking. Our supposing and surmising here has gone on for so long and become so complicated it is hard to keep things straight.

I just want justice for these girls and want BG to pay for what he has done.

May today be the day.
I find this post interesting and cannot poke any holes in your line of thinking.:)

We are all looking at this case with very different pairs of eyes, and I suspect that some of us are doing our own research. I can hypothesize that many of us have a very good idea of who each of your perps are through doing our own private sleuthing thus far. ;)

I find this WS board to be a huge resource for me, as each time one of you posts I am bouncing my own thoughts off your ideas and using each of your posts as a benchmark against what I have read and understood about this case. Sometimes I get that 'aha' moment and then off I go digging into (another) rabbit hole. :( Yes, sometimes it does get complicated or confusing if you miss a page or some posts and you have no clue what someone is talking about....but I find that there are so many awesome people here that are quick to set the record straight if things veer too far off course. ;)

Pooling theories, speculation and those valuable msm links onto these threads may help LE towards a resolution in this case someday.....or it may not, but we are all doing our best to contribute ideas because it is the only way we can help. I don't care how this monster gets caught, as long as he does.

We all certainly won't agree on one general theory as to what happened or one suspect, but in the end our collective desired outcome is to have this murderer put behind bars and as you have said, "justice for these girls and we want BG to pay for what he has done."

JMO

Last edited:
It is my opinion that the police are for sure not showing all their cards. It is my opinion that the Police are on the right track possibly have leads already needing people to come forward to confirm or deny this horrible individual.
One other thing could he be a visitor from outside the state, traveller. This was a historic trail this guy could have been traveling in a camper and made a stop since he did look disheveled and homeless. The murders were a crime of opportunity unless he planned this and leaves the, Why?

Here's an old article from July 2017 describing how the OBG sketch came about. It isn't necessarily stated that the witness saw this guy on the trails, just walking near Delphi around the time of the murders. And the description was given several months later.

I'm still wondering which details in the suspect description are directly from the witness(es), and which are from evidence gathered at the crime scene. And how the description has remained the same through two sketches, other than age.

BBM
Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi...

He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed.

He said the sketch is “an artist’s composite of the information” collected by all agencies involved in the investigation. Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color.

And I had heard that the OBG sketch was a composite based on multiple witnesses, but it sounds to be only one.

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths.

"It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

Does anyone remember if there was a suspect description given prior to either sketch being released? Like his height, weight, hair and eye color?

Last edited:
Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
He said the sketch is “an artist’s composite of the information” collected by all agencies involved in the investigation. Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color.

S and BBM

This I have never understood. Makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Several members of my family have blue eyes. If I’m sitting across the table from them and the others who do not have blue eyes, I cannot tell a huge difference unless I get closer. Point being that I’m either close enough to see their eye color or I’m not.

There are just far too many shades of blue to discount blue eyes unless one can discern the actual eye color.

That witness comment will never make any sense to me. And at this stage, it’s actually beyond that- the comment has started to stand out to me as downright bizarre and out of place. MOO.

Great post. Although we can get annoyed with the slow roll to conviction, our system has gotten better at not convicting and punishing innocent people. We have a long ways to go though. No doubt there are plenty of poor, underrepresented innocents still in jail. It is a disgrace to our society. We all want justice, but we can't compound tragedies by convicting the wrong people just to call it solved. Thank you for this important post Boxer!

Amateur opinion and speculation
I agree here, surely we remember the Casey Anthony case and all the evidence that pointed toward her as the murderer of her child and yet, she walked. I believe LE wants to make sure the actual person responsible for Abby and Libby's deaths is caught and prosecuted an not wrongfully convict anyone. JMO.

I don't think it matters now how the old sketch with the hat to be ignored came about, but Sgt Holeman did an interview around the time it was released, which is in the media thread at approx the mid July 2017 timeframe. It is explained as a composite and a female witness is mentioned.

WRT the new sketch, it was one witness sitting down with a sketch artist and it was put aside initially because we had the still from the video. What we do not know is exactly why this has happened that the focus has changed from an older man to someone as young as 18. This change happened between the Feb 2019 PC and the Apr 2019 PC. What could be the reason for this change?

I don't think it matters now how the old sketch with the hat to be ignored came about, but Sgt Holeman did an interview around the time it was released, which is in the media thread at approx the mid July 2017 timeframe. It is explained as a composite and a female witness is mentioned.

WRT the new sketch, it was one witness sitting down with a sketch artist and it was put aside initially because we had the still from the video. What we do not know is exactly why this has happened that the focus has changed from an older man to someone as young as 18. This change happened between the Feb 2019 PC and the Apr 2019 PC. What could be the reason for this change?

It would be good if it was because they actually have a blood sample.

It might now be possible to tell someone's age from blood at a crime scene

Last edited:
MOO teachers know this, that's why they come down like a ton of bricks on small offences.

It would be good if it was because they actually have a blood sample.

It might now be possible to tell someone's age from blood at a crime scene
Which is in part why I keep asking, and continue reading the articles about the OBG sketch. LE has indeed told us, more or less, that the first sketch doesn't matter, but how is it that the description, down to the hair color, stayed the same between sketches? Age range was the only thing to change.

Yet LE also told us the sketches are not the same person, and the killer will likely be somewhere in between. This is why I'm questioning that something was found at the crime scene. Blood, hair, something that helps give them this description. The video can probably give approximate height/weight, but I'm just curious about the rest.

Last edited:
Forgive me if I am behind on info but has anyone adequately investigated FSG? And in the still of BG does it appear to anyone else that he is wearing a plaid flannel shirt under his jacket? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18