Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE knows who BG is too. I just rewatched the PC and there have always been things that stood out to me:

-(this is paraphrased) as a result of new information and 1000’s of hours of investigation we are releasing a sketch of the person that is responsible for the murder of these two girls.

-BG is from, works or visits Delphi on a regular basis

-he’s between 18 and 40.

This is totally different from what it appears they were looking at and saying previously. Fairly early on they started looking at randoms who committed crimes in other places.

This is JMO.

This is all a standard profile for a rural murder of two girls in a relatively sparsely populated area known almost exclusively by locals.

They don't know anything, they have nothing, no POI, and no avenues of approach.

Their killer is currently free and will likely never be captured or charged for the murders of Abigail and Liberty.

This case isn't going cold fast, it went cold fast. In the realm of criminal investigations, this case will go down in the books next to the name Jon Benet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann.

It will never be solved, unless the killer takes it upon himself to confess some years down the road - like Samuel Little.

Hey everyone. I’m new here—I’ve been lurking for a while but just now decided to sign up and post. Yall take it easy on me while I learn the ropes. ;)

As to LE knowing who BG is, I’ve been wondering why they would release such a large age range if in fact they know the guy. Wouldn’t they be able to fairly easily get his exact age and thus reduce the age range for the public? Maybe it would still make sense to have the age range be that large even if they do know, so I’d definitely be interested in hearing why that may be the case if anyone has ideas.
Two perps, one closer to 16/18, one closer to 38/40 could be a reason for the wide age range (and could be a reason for two sketches). ???

Hey everyone. I’m new here—I’ve been lurking for a while but just now decided to sign up and post. Yall take it easy on me while I learn the ropes. ;)

As to LE knowing who BG is, I’ve been wondering why they would release such a large age range if in fact they know the guy. Wouldn’t they be able to fairly easily get his exact age and thus reduce the age range for the public? Maybe it would still make sense to have the age range be that large even if they do know, so I’d definitely be interested in hearing why that may be the case if anyone has ideas.

Welcome jmarks005 :)

Quiet as a mouse. Nothing since the last PC. Almost 6 months.

@Foxfire once said generally as related to seasoned perps, “there’s a reason why he’s gotten away with it for so long”.

This guy is likely a pro SK, moo.

Everyone knows everyone in Delphi it seems. Nobody has recognized his voice, or image from the bridge.

My best guess at this time is that he was in the area for work, or has a previous connection here, and planned a trip to “hunt”.

This is all a standard profile for a rural murder of two girls in a relatively sparsely populated area known almost exclusively by locals.

They don't know anything, they have nothing, no POI, and no avenues of approach.

Their killer is currently free and will likely never be captured or charged for the murders of Abigail and Liberty.

This case isn't going cold fast, it went cold fast. In the realm of criminal investigations, this case will go down in the books next to the name Jon Benet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann.

It will never be solved, unless the killer takes it upon himself to confess some years down the road - like Samuel Little.
Thanks for the morning "downer" @SilentRogue, NOT :p
I'd like to think of it more like the Rhoden massacre. They have a really good idea and are patiently waiting for that piece of evidence that will clinch it!

My glass is half full, yours is half empty :D

Definition of a cold case would be no tips or leads to follow any more. I definitely don't believe they are near that stage. They themselves have stated they still have around two dozen POI's. They also said the majority of family members are cleared, which indicates some have not.

I'd like to think of it more like the Rhoden massacre. They have a really good idea and are patiently waiting for that piece of evidence that will clinch it!

This is absolutely nothing like the Rhoden massacre, in theory, practice, circumstance,

Two perps, one closer to 16/18, one closer to 38/40 could be a reason for the wide age range (and could be a reason for two sketches). ???
I struggle with the 2 sketches. It could be that LE was on the wrong track with the first sketch, but they were convinced enough that lots of money was spent on billboards etc. What convinced them of that look in the beginning? Then to switch to the new sketch, looking very different from the first was a shock! And what an age range! Then to say BG might resemble both sketches......well.... I guess they could be related. But it sure seems like a lot of that town is related! I do wonder if there are two perps, but didn't LE say the pic of the man on the bridge is the killer? Have they ever alluded to there being more than one or said there is only one? I can't remember.

This is in no way, shape, or form related to or otherwise similar the investigation of the Rhoden case in Piketon, Ohio.

The police haven't and didn't publically and desperately appeal for information 2 years after the murder had taken place.

The only reason that investigation took as long as it did was because there was an entire family involved, each able to provide alibi's for each other, making a fallible case.

Law enforcement knew from early on who the assailants were.

There's calling a glass half full or empty, and theres looking at an empty glass while dying of dehydration and telling yourself there is liquid in that glass. The first doesn't matter, and the second doesn't change reality.

I saw on a recent GH video posted on here that one guy calling in was going over a theory that it could be a guy returning to visit grandparents and I had a think about this. The day itself that year was Abraham Lincoln's birthday and so was a state holiday in some states, Illinois, for example. So he could have been visiting for the long weekend before leaving to return home. Elderly grandparents may not be on the internet and may live outside of CaCo and not even be aware of the murders or the video and voice. He could have been away and gone back to his home state pretty quickly that afternoon.
AJMO

Definition of a cold case would be no tips or leads to follow any more. I definitely don't believe they are near that stage. They themselves have stated they still have around two dozen POI's. They also said the majority of family members are cleared, which indicates some have not.

They are and have been near that stage for a substantial period of time. Hence the desperate press conference, redirecting the public's attention to an alternative sketch, and using the most basic profile of a murderer of two young white girls in rural Indiana to solicit the public's help.

This is in no way, shape, or form related to or otherwise similar the investigation of the Rhoden case in Piketon, Ohio.

The police haven't and didn't publically and desperately appeal for information 2 years after the murder had taken place.

Partially, the only reason that investigation took as long as it did was because there was an entire family involved, each able to provide alibi's for each other, making a fallible case.

Law enforcement knew from early on who the assailants were.

There's calling a glass half full or empty, and theres looking at an empty glass while dying of dehydration and telling yourself there is liquid in that glass. The first doesn't matter, and the second doesn't change reality.
Susi Q didn't say it was a similar investigation but is alluding to the hope that LE have some possibles, unknown to the public, that they are keeping under wraps while investigating them. They still have POI's, they are just not telling us about them.

They are and have been near that stage for a substantial period of time. Hence the desperate press conference, redirecting the public's attention to an alternative sketch, and using the most basic profile of a murderer of two young white girls in rural Indiana to solicit the public's help.
No way it's a case cold if they still have POI's and are still investigating. The fact they redirected only 6 months ago shows it is still open. I completely disagree with your view.
In your opinion, what should they do next? Drop the case?

I doubt he talks about it to anyone. Maybe he keeps a journal of some sort? Do you think BG is a serial killer?

Im not sure what i think anymore lol.

- its possible he is a serial killer...he's done it before and that explains his illusiveness and ability to avoid capture for over 2 years.

- There is a killer on the loose, but there doesn't/hasnt appeared to me to be a sense of urgency or expectancy that he would strike again. I dont recall a single LE officer say the standard line about other kids in danger until BG is caught. That gives me pause....makes me think no...not a serial killer.

- i think the consensus is that most see BG with something/supplies with him that he used to carry out his crime. That leads me to think heneas prepared, perhaps from previously committing a similar act?

- Does someone kill 2 girls and thats it? Perhaps if it were personal, i guessm. But it seems like whatever gratification or satisfaction he got out of it, would be a need that would have to be met again.

Ultimately I have no idea what to think anymore. Poke holes in what i posted....help me narrow down all these possibilities lol.

What about u? Do u think he is a serial killer?

Susi Q didn't say it was a similar investigation but is alluding to the hope that LE have some possibles, unknown to the public, that they are keeping under wraps while investigating them. They still have POI's, they are just not telling us about them.

>They still have POI's, they are just not telling us about them.

They may have POI's in the sense that they had POI's for the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker, none of which were Joseph James DeAngelo.

They don't have have any clue, or any evidence to support, any specific POI, or even set of POI's to the crime. You would have to call then POI's the most general sense the term can possibly be used.

They knew from the very beginning about the Rhoden's, and they weren't holding press conferences begging for public help and soliciting tips from the public at large, because they knew, as any investigation team with a solid lead would, the public only muddies the water at that point.

Once you have a general idea, or a suspect or set of suspects, your resources go into that suspect, their friends, family, abilities, job, etc...

I struggle with the 2 sketches. It could be that LE was on the wrong track with the first sketch, but they were convinced enough that lots of money was spent on billboards etc. What convinced them of that look in the beginning? Then to switch to the new sketch, looking very different from the first was a shock! And what an age range! Then to say BG might resemble both sketches......well.... I guess they could be related. But it sure seems like a lot of that town is related! I do wonder if there are two perps, but didn't LE say the pic of the man on the bridge is the killer? Have they ever alluded to there being more than one or said there is only one? I can't remember.
LE said the person in the new sketch is "responsible for the murders" so they have not actually said he is the murderer so I wonder if there is an accomplice who killed them and NBG just got them off the bridge down to the crime scene. MOO.

No way it's a case cold if they still have POI's and are still investigating. The fact they redirected only 6 months ago shows it is still open. I completely disagree with your view.
In your opinion, what should they do next? Drop the case?

It's an open case, sure. They have a detective assigned to it - no doubt. They're not actively pursuing any promising leads. At all.

In 5 years, the case will be officially sidelined... it's very much to early for them to publicly sideline such a high profile investigation.

Ok so 5 years is a long time away.

What do they do between then and now to solve the case?

Last edited:
So what should they do? Give up and forget their POI 's? What is your point exactly?

My point is pretty clear.

They have no idea who killed Abigail and Liberty.

If they have POI's, it's a generic list of sex offenders fitting the generic profile in that region.

If they had something beyond generic, they wouldn't be desperately appealing to the public - like they didn't in the Piketon, Ohio case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli