Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a stun gun was used. This would immobilize one victim with out sound and the threat of further harm to that victim may have silenced the second girl.

MOO I think a deep grip handgun was used -
I see an imprint of that type of hand gun in his right jacket pocket.
Something very similar to the Sig Sauer Elite match. With a long thinning barrel structure and deep grip.
It would be simple to control people with a cannon like that at close range.

MOO I think a deep grip handgun was used -
I see an imprint of that type of hand gun in his right jacket pocket.
Something very similar to the Sig Sauer Elite match. With a long thinning barrel structure and deep grip.
It would be simple to control people with a cannon like that at close range.
Typically, what is the profile of someone who would purchase such a weapon? Sounds specific and unique?

Stingray technology has been used for some years for tracking phones within the range of the device. It was developed during the Iraq War to try and find cell phones used in IED attacks. Harris Corp. developed the tech.

In one case where a local PD used it in NY State, they went to a specific residence to look for a suspect, but they had no idea if he was there, so they tried to track a phone linked to him. When the Stingray device is close enough it can track a cell phone's location to within 6 feet. When the information about the arrest and its circumstances came up in the trial, the PD's officer who was in charge of the apprehension was asked how they knew the guy was in the house. The PO clammed up and wouldn't elaborate.

Reason being, the PD should have gotten a warrant before trying to apprehend the suspect, but they didn't. There's also the issue of privacy and the Constitutionality of how the Stingray was used. Stingray can be either A) Mobile, say in a van, or B) Stationary, placed on a pole/mast of some sort or another. Bottom line, they should have a warrant to track a specific cell phone, which includes the stationary Stingrays. LE use the stationary ones to get all nearby cell traffic, commonly used in tracking drug dealers, things of that nature. They should still have to get a warrant to then track a specific phone picked up by the stationary Stingray.

Hope this helps clear things up, sometimes the media don't explain much about how such tech is used. It's very expensive, often times used only in specific investigations by local and state police departments.

Let's say LE have a cell phone or cell phones in the Delphi case they think may be linked to it. If they fingered a suspect, they could put a Stingray near the suspect's residence, workplace, etc. If LE determines there's a link between, say, Bridge Guy with cell phone traffic picked up by the Stingray by phone numbers or other phone data, say a SIM card switched to another phone, that type of thing, then they could request a warrant from that county's court.

Stingray can also mimic a cell tower:

Stingray phone tracker - Wikipedia

-FD

They wouldn’t have used a stingray at the park that day. There was no specific target or even specific number to target.

They would’ve gotten a tower dump though. I’d be stunned if they didn’t. I think the question tresir2012 was responding to involved obtaining nonspecific data (all tower hits) from a tower.

JMO
I think he used a gun to control them, but not to end their lives.

Curious how nobody heard screams, but we have heard about a couple who was possibly arguing under the bridge, which evidently could be heard by someone. (I have no link for this, but it has been mentioned in the last 120,000 posts multiple times.)

I would guess duct tape was used to keep them quiet (I am also guessing he wore gloves as he would have left a trace evidence on a gag or possible fingerprints on duct tape.)
Have you ever used duct tape? I couldn't see doing it with gloves on. Sounds impossible. Moo

Typically, what is the profile of someone who would purchase such a weapon? Sounds specific and unique?
Popular styles all pretty similar profiles: 1911, Glock or Sig Sauer. MOO they would be typical handguns for the area. Easy to think it was handgun usually kept in the car and he stuffed it in a pocket.

Wow. I just watched this at about that mark (53 min), BG on loop walking those few steps. His feet definitely start to turn to his left just before the loop starts again. There's no mistaking it. Watch it and just look at his feet, especially that split second before it starts again. He's headed towards them. This is why they don't show more of the video. But yeah, crazy lady caller is hard to listen to. MOO.
Totally agree, he crossed over with intent.

People have mentioned that the video was taken from a spot just off of the bridge, with Abby being close to but between Libby and BG. I agree with this, and the idea that Libby's phone was down by her right side. thus the camera on the phone was pointed slightly upwards at this short just over one second length of video. GH did a good analysis earlier this year after the video was released. He added the phone movements to the cropped video released by LE.

So we have a cropped section of video to work with, zoomed in on BG, and the phone was moving as the video was being taken. If we had the uncropped, full screen version, what I'm describing would be easily seen.

Thanks for posting this video.

Before I had thought that he was trying to avoid a bad board on the bridge, but playing that video over and over in a loop, I can see he is definitely turning his feet towards the girls on those last steps. Also, I can tell the same guy said both Down The Hill and Guys when hearing them together.

I hope and pray that LE can catch this evil person.

They wouldn’t have used a stingray at the park that day. There was no specific target or even specific number to target.

They would’ve gotten a tower dump though. I’d be stunned if they didn’t. I think the question tresir2012 was responding to involved obtaining nonspecific data (all tower hits) from a tower.

Thanks and I apologize if I confused anyone.

My point is if they have cell data for BG and they get a credible tip, a Stingray could be used.

The chances of LE having anything cell data related at this point, anything usable, is slim to none in my book.

JMO

-FD

I am still hung up on remembering that Libby was using BP's phone that day. Does anyone else remember this. If Libby's phone was acting up I would think BP would want to be sure the girls had a working phone. Libby may have had both phones with her. Her phone may have had a better camera so she used it for photos and videos only that day.
I thought the same also. I had thought that since Libby's phone was acting up that she had given Libby her(BP) phone. But also I expect that much of BP's work is done by phone so she would need her's. Unless she also had a land line.

JMO
I think he used a gun to control them, but not to end their lives.

Curious how nobody heard screams, but we have heard about a couple who was possibly arguing under the bridge, which evidently could be heard by someone. (I have no link for this, but it has been mentioned in the last 120,000 posts multiple times.)

I would guess duct tape was used to keep them quiet (I am also guessing he wore gloves as he would have left a trace evidence on a gag or possible fingerprints on duct tape.)

Even with the gloves there should be some DNA on duct tape. Also, Libby was fighting for her life, they said.

his hands look like thumbs hooked into a pocket (coat or pants) with fingers spread forward.

I wonder if there is someone local that is known to do that.

I thought his hands were not visible? Left hand in his Jean's pocket, right hand in his jacket pocket. No?

Have you ever used duct tape? I couldn't see doing it with gloves on. Sounds impossible. Moo
Jake Pattersen did it with two pairs of gloves on. Jamie and her mum were hiding in the bath and he got the mum to duct tape Jamie then shot her when she didn't do it to his liking and finished it off himself before dragging poor Jamie out. It was all detailed in the arrest affidavit. So it is possible to duct tape someone with gloves on and get the other person to do it too.

Thanks and I apologize if I confused anyone.

My point is if they have cell data for BG and they get a credible tip, a Stingray could be used.

The chances of LE having anything cell data related at this point, anything usable, is slim to none in my book.

JMO

-FD

Bbm - Unfortunately, I totally agree with you.

Been following this for two years and the most curious statement made was in the last press conference

“We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age. ”

Might appear younger than his true age? Surely they would have to have an idea who this person is to make such a statement. I mean if anything the footage of BG looks older than 18-40, so it’s such an interesting qualifier to append to the age range.

Been following this for two years and the most curious statement made was in the last press conference

“We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age. ”

Might appear younger than his true age? Surely they would have to have an idea who this person is to make such a statement. I mean if anything the footage of BG looks older than 18-40, so it’s such an interesting qualifier to append to the age range.
So, so true. How the heck can they deduct that he may look younger than his true age? Such an odd statement yet everything said in that press conference appears to be well scripted.

I hear ya...I look at that monster and see someone in their 40s. They (LE) have got to know way more about this guy than they are leading on. I just have to think Libby's video reveals much more than we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli