Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What prosecutor Robert Ives has to say in just this brief clip is more info that we've heard about the actual crime scene in...I don't know when. He puts one common argument here to rest and maybe more. Are we allowed to discuss this here?

I don’t know why not. Kelsi German is said to be the Co-Producer of this series. Even DG will speak in the series. It will be interesting to say the least. January 2nd can’t come soon enough.

Attachments

• 40293FF1-8CF4-4D58-82FB-DDD908CE89B9.jpeg
    40293FF1-8CF4-4D58-82FB-DDD908CE89B9.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 110
Does anyone's know if the girls were involved in a youth group at a church?

Could be a connection to a church group or school? Someone that knew there would be a day off of school on that particular day.
I keep thinking there is a connection with the nearby Indiana Packers Corp or the Tippman Group. There was ongoing construction at the time of the murders (New Quick Thaw Racking Zone installed 2017). Indiana Packers Corp construction site expansion locations is 2.4 miles, 2 turns, from the crime scene/Monon High Bridge. Many people coming and going around the construction sites. The Indiana Packers Corp employs 1540 individuals. Tippman Group employs 2100.

The Tippman Group has a Webcam on their website. You can choose the date of the murder (or any other date) and view still shots. Webcam – Indiana Packers – Delphi, IN – Tippmann Group / Interstate Warehousing

I tend to believe that Abby and Libby were BG's first murders and that BG did not know the girls.

What we do know about murderers who are not domestic violence motivated is that they often have or will commit other crimes. They can be little crimes like shoplifting or they can be burglary, robbery, assault, or another murder.

Assuming BG is local to the area, a good pool of suspects would be people who have been arrested in the surrounding area over the year prior to the attacks up to the present day.

A possible investigative strategy would be to pull a report of all the people in Carroll,Tippecanoe and Cass counties who have been arrested for a crime from 2/13/16-12/11/19. Then start filtering that list.

1. Remove any females.
2. Remove any men older than 40 on 2/13/17.
3. Remove any men younger than 18 on 2/13/17.
4. Remove any men who are Asian, Native American, African American, dark skinned Latino, Indian or middle eastern.
5. Remove any men taller than 6'1".
6. Remove any men shorter than 5'5".
7. Remove men that were in jail on 2/13/17.
8. Remove men that had obvious facial tattoos as of 2/13/17.
9. Remove men that had any disability like an arm or leg amputation as of 2/13/17.

Prioritize for first review:
1. Men who attended Delphi Community High School.
2. Men who have a history of assault or sexual assault.
3. Men who have a history of mental illness.
4. Men who were in their 20's 2/13/17.
5. Men that have family in Delphi.
6. Men who have a history of unstable employment.
7. Men that did not own a car on 2/13/17.

Note: if there was SA then the history of the perpetrator having mental illness is less likely and and if there was no SA it makes it more likely that the perpetrator has mental illness so that detail would be further used refine the pool of men to prioritize for review.

My guess is that there will be less than twenty men that will fit in the first review list and BG would be on it.

MOO

Curveball, what if Bridge Guy is actually a Bridge Gal? I mean it's possible, correct? Unless LE has DNA and they ruled that out.

AND Very confident crossing the bridge without arms out for balance. He has crossed it before JMO
I was there, at the bridge and NO WAY would I have crossed that old rickety bridge and if I had, my face would have been down also to watch for the big gaps between the boards and my arms would have been out.
BG just looks too comfortable in Libby's Pics while being on that bridge. JMO

or he has a high threshold for fear. He desires/seeks out risky behaviors for a thrill. He is either confident and grew up around bridges this one in particular or doesn't get scared like your average person.

I agree it’s weird. I’ve begun to question whether these witnesses actually saw BG or if they did, they saw him before he accosted the girls but not after.
My current theory...my previous 3,567 theories should now be considered secondary;)...is that BG is very familiar with the trails and the area and visits with someone there frequently. Perhaps works occasionally for farms around there. He was visiting or housesitting at one of the rural houses within a couple miles of the trails and while driving spotted the girls on the way to the trails and followed them. Saw them pull into the trailhead parking drove past and parked himself at the CPS building deciding on the spur of the moment to attack them. He had a gun and knife in the car and took those with him. He wasn’t sure an opportunity would arise. It did. He trapped the girls at the end of the bridge. I think his intent was to take the girls to either the little deer shed/shack on the south side of the creek or to a barn or out building at a nearby farm on the north side. If he had evil intent to attack them I would think someplace a little warmer would have been his plan. I can’t imagine sloshing through a freezing cold creek was his plan unless he was trying to get them somewhere inside. Anyway...the girls bolted and tried to escape by running across the creek. This sent the killer into a rage and when he finally caught Abby he killed her with his knife quickly. Libby came to her defense and the killer turned on her and a fight ensued eventually battering and injuring her much worse and eventually killing her too. By now he is so angry at them for spoiling his plans he moves them to where they are found and poses them or defiles them in some way that shocks LE when they are found. The killer is startled out of his killing trance by Libby’s phone ringing. He leaves by heading up the creek away from the bridge thinking he cannot head to his car or he will be seen. He follows the creek for awhile sometimes wading in to rinse blood off his clothes. Then leaves the creek to walk across fields or the tree line to whatever house he’s staying at. It is during this trek I think the person who helped with the first sketch saw him and decided it was “something that needed reporting”. After showering, washing or maybe burying his clothes, gun and knife. He calls someone he knows and tells them his car broke down and is parked at the CPS building. They help him retrieve his car. He stays in town a few days so it doesn’t look suspicious. A few days later he leaves town. Never has been back.
All just my thoughts and opinions...until I come up with another theory.
Feel free to point out the flaws!

excellent theory.

I don’t know why not. Kelsi German is said to be the Co-Producer of this series. Even DG will speak in the series. It will be interesting to say the least. January 2nd can’t come soon enough.

Everything Robert Ives said gave me chills. "A lot" of crime scene evidence. That the scene itself was "strange." And most importantly, I guess the whole catfish angle can be put to rest since he says there was no logical reason anyone could have known they were there that day! I'm with you. I can't wait for this podcast.

Per Mr. Ives....

"There was no logical reason why anybody would have known those girls would be there that day".

MOO
I'm often wrong on here, but I took this to mean that in fact, somebody DID know those girls would be there that day, there was just no logical reason found to explain HOW, or WHY he knew. I interpreted it also to mean that the scene was left in such a state so as to prove the killer knew they would be there that day.

For me, I'll have to wait for further explanation, but for now, it would have been much more clear, had it been stated "the killer did not know the girls would be there that day".

Last edited:
If the girls made a run for it, then it must have been after he somehow gagged them. With all of the people who were said to be nearby that day around that time, it's hard to believe that the screams of them running across the creek and scrambling up the bank would not be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susanna410