Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cutiekitty, thank you for this interesting observation. The main thing is, you are safe!

Thanks! I wasn’t in any danger really. People were around just not in the immediate vicinity and I had a pick axe claw tool for digging holes and cutting large roots which is what I was doing.

Another observation I had was initially I did kind of freeze. It wasn’t out of fear, but more because I was trying to process what was happening...is this guy actually doing this in broad daylight when I’m right here? I can see that happening in this case, but only to a point. Im not 100% convinced they were abducted from the end of the bridge and led to the CS.

Came across this today and thought about Abby and Libby.... May this hold true in this case! IT NEEDS TO GET SOLVED! Have a good Saturday everyone!
"Wherever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves, even unconsciously, will serve as a silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothes, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are. It is factual evidence. Physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself, it cannot be wholly absent. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value."
(Edmond Locard, cited in Kirk, 1953, p. 4)

He is a Truck Driver. Read Indiana packer reviews, those Truckers are sometimes there for a loooong time! Lots of complaints, he had been there before for sure. Those guys usually just crash out in their sleepers while waiting. Not him, he walked out behind the place past the Carroll County transfer station, down 625 west, past 200 north, past 252 North, and Bingo into the driveway we all know from down the hill! It's about 2000 ft. to the Bridge, 2,000 ft. is 666 yards ( The Devils Number) He got down there in the morning after parking his Truck, and ran into the Dog Walker Lady ( This is fact) around 12:30 pm. Lurked around till the Girls came, did the deed. And got the heck out. Retraced his steps back to Packers, got his Truck load, and bye bye Delphi. He may very well had not this before, but is obviously a very sick individual. That's why there is no car, he had none! He simply walked! No one was at home at the Driveway House. Those roads he walked are very rural. He came prepared with a kill kit, and finally acted out his sick fantasy! We can only hope the Police checked out the log books from Packers during that timeframe. There have been numerous Truckers who are serial Killers, it's not new stuff. Justice for these two Kids
I see your theory as a strong possibility. Simple, straightforward. I too agree the trucker logs are an excellent place to look. Do they all have to keep logs or are there "free agents" who might not? Surely whoever received goods the few days before/after the murders would recall who they received goods from. Another question, do truckers often have a ride along? Someone they switch off with when driving?

I think your theory is the best I've heard thus far.

Amateur opinion and speculation

He is a Truck Driver. Read Indiana packer reviews, those Truckers are sometimes there for a loooong time! Lots of complaints, he had been there before for sure. Those guys usually just crash out in their sleepers while waiting. Not him, he walked out behind the place past the Carroll County transfer station, down 625 west, past 200 north, past 252 North, and Bingo into the driveway we all know from down the hill! It's about 2000 ft. to the Bridge, 2,000 ft. is 666 yards ( The Devils Number) He got down there in the morning after parking his Truck, and ran into the Dog Walker Lady ( This is fact) around 12:30 pm. Lurked around till the Girls came, did the deed. And got the heck out. Retraced his steps back to Packers, got his Truck load, and bye bye Delphi. He may very well had not this before, but is obviously a very sick individual. That's why there is no car, he had none! He simply walked! No one was at home at the Driveway House. Those roads he walked are very rural. He came prepared with a kill kit, and finally acted out his sick fantasy! We can only hope the Police checked out the log books from Packers during that timeframe. There have been numerous Truckers who are serial Killers, it's not new stuff. Justice for these two Kids

I would not subscribe to it so readily.

Two aspects: I have read and read, and if I were to make a poll, 90% would probably say, some local accent.

And if that, and two girls abducted, and the other two girls abducted and killed close to another hog-producing facility in IA...we would have billboards all over the country, I’d assume.

Also, the local sheriff said, people would be surprised to know who did it, twice, and the first time it was almost immediately past the murders. So there was something on the crime scene that tied the perpetrator up to it.

So, not ready to subscribe to mysterious driver, what you said about walking makes sense, and what you say about checking all the diaries of the drivers serving IP and being absent that day makes even more sense. Hope they did it.

Another issue, could an IP driver be killed, some of them have no families, work on visas, and may not be missed soon. Killed, and his shoes, and clothes, be used for the masquerade of the BG? And the driver is still missing? Because the shoes are not large, you wonder if they belong to a smaller man.

The age is an interesting comment. I wonder if, given the height, the BG is younger, and grew up taller since the crimes? So he is out of that 5’8” frame now?

I and the other two girls abducted and killed close to another hog-producing facility in IA...... Because the shoes are not large, you wonder if they belong to a smaller man.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
Wow - I forgot about the hog facility in the other 2-girl murder. And one of them had a name starting with "L". I know that sounds far fetched, but you never know.

How do we know the shoes/boots were smallish? I missed that.

Welcome to WS and your first post! Both you and Alphafuzz have made good observations. I am leaning towards Alpha's assessment, as I too see the hair and the limp. That odd gait, as you point out, is likely due to the murderous gear he has concealed by his "murder uniform". Clearly, he had this well thought out. He might have even laid his uniform out the night before in anticipation of his big day.

You will note I use the word uniform, and I chose that word purposefully. This could be someone who wears a uniform that protects them from whatever they are working on that catches splatter - like a painter, mechanic, etc. Someone who is used to wearing protective cover and carrying tools; would seem second nature.

I agree he likely falls in the younger end off the age speculation. He seems agile; (despite the gait which some of us speculate is due to the concealed "tools of his trade"). The height of the bridge and it's precarious nature doesn't seem to faze him; he moved with speed and confidence it would seem. Certain occupations aren't daunted by heights; window washers, painters, roofers, tree trimmers, construction workers, and the long list goes on....a tradesman.

Our little hero Libby certainly gave us a lot to work with. If I understand correctly, the phone was found near the remains. (?) If this is true, it "suggests" to me the Perp isn't tech savvy, or was in such a state of frenzy and euphoria, or perhaps even high enough, to where he didn't notice the phone. That seems unlikely. What he apparently didn't understand is that the physical phone isn't where the data resides, and everything can be extracted from the "cloud" and reviewed. So this suggests he isn't tech savvy to me.
There is some additional good news here regarding tech. With machine learning making progress in leaps and bounds, it won't be very long before there will be additional tools to model a face from that fuzzy image.
That day can't come too soon, and it will be a game changer.

Great posts both Roja and Alpha!

Very astute observations and most appreciated.

I tossed and turned about this all night after I posted and watched all three LE pressers. I truly support these fine LE individuals but for whatever reason these sketches have really only been a monkey wrench in the works. I wish we could go back and never have them. Extraordinarily we have photo, video, and voice. The sketches have become a sort of red herring with the exception of this:

The hair in the second sketch. In particular the cut. The texture is pretty much wrong based on the video still but the cut I get. In the still of BG the hair appears short like a fade on the sides with a longish bowl cut on the top which if a guy chose he could wear like that or gel up and slick back similar to the NBG sketch. That could account for the different looking texture. I would think that to be the style of a younger person. The hat. Oh that vexing hat! Perhaps he gathers up the mop of hair into it when working/hiking and he had it on before an eyewitness but removed it before approaching the girls to seem younger and less threatening. Could anyone please clear up for me where the hat depiction/description came from in the first place?

Your uniform assessment and gait is spot on. Important to keep in mind because this young man might normally walk very differently. My husband is retired Navy and served in multiple branches from Vietnam to Desert Storm and he is a gun savvy hunter. He carries various guns in multiple ways as needed so I'm familiar. He also has a limp that is sometimes worse or better from a bullriding accident. His gait is noticably different with a knife in his boot. He works in the building trades and wears the same cheap box store jeans and boots as BG is wearing because they get wrecked so often. This leads me to believe:

BG is perhaps a day laborer, frequent job quitter, and/or couch surfer perhaps even living out of a car or as suggested is a trucker. Who else would be able to hang around someplace at will on a typical workday?

I believe he is much slimmer and younger than those clothes show. He's more like 165 pounds, twenties, 5'10" or so. He's so opposite what I assumed all this time. The second sketch really clicks for me in that context except I still don't understand why its so crude.

I suggest they release the extended video of BG walking (if such a video exists). I believe some one figured it was 200+ feet from where the video still was to the end of the bridge? The reverse reasoning of not releasing could well be that LE knows who this individual is but they do not feel they have evidence to support a conviction. If that is true after all this time, public pleas, and even the evidence we know of chances of resolution seem slim at best. I can't imagine what would be the missing key. Please don't let it be another crime.

MOO

I tend to agree with this theory because it explains the sketches being wrong and this man not being reported as living in Delphi, IN or the surrounding area. I admit I am biased towards this theory since I sent in my tip about a truck driver at the end of March 2017, but I really think that now it makes a lot more sense.

Wow - I forgot about the hog facility in the other 2-girl murder. And one of them had a name starting with "L". I know that sounds far fetched, but you never know.

I was thinking about that myself. Two sets of girls with one
Likely he was approaching fast and in a menacing manner; her instinct took over and she was right. Or, he could have called out to them. Either way, she knew danger was approaching.

I have a hard time believing he is sitting cozy-like in Delphi. I think he is in the surrounding area, with some connection. I am resisting overcomplicating my speculations. I don't think he's that complicated or clever, just has eluded arrest....ATM.

This is why I believe he passed them on the bridge then turned around. That was enough to concern her. He looks calm and deliberate in the video still. The other choice is she filmed BG as someone she knew but there's no public evidence of that. You are so right though. He could have said something bizarre to them or called out.

I too considered the two sets of girls each with one unique L name.

I have long speculated the Delphi and Evansdale murders are the same Perp.
One of you upthread remarked that the girls looked very similar. I just did a side by side that I don't think is permissible to post, and the resemblances are irrefutable. No coincidence in my amateur opinion and speculation. Both sets of girls were found in a location that had *bridge* as part of it's name/location, and some other seemingly glaring similarities.

Same Perp.

I was thinking about that myself. Two sets of girls with one unique L name. Each crime happened on the 13th of the month.

Based boot size on prints at the CS? I had not read that either.

MOO

I tossed and turned about this all night after I posted and watched all three LE pressers. I truly support these fine LE individuals but for whatever reason these sketches have really only been a monkey wrench in the works. I wish we could go back and never have them. Extraordinarily we have photo, video, and voice. The sketches have become a sort of red herring with the exception of this:

The hair in the second sketch. In particular the cut. The texture is pretty much wrong based on the video still but the cut I get. In the still of BG the hair appears short like a fade on the sides with a longish bowl cut on the top which if a guy chose he could wear like that or gel up and slick back similar to the NBG sketch. That could account for the different looking texture. I would think that to be the style of a younger person. The hat. Oh that vexing hat! Perhaps he gathers up the mop of hair into it when working/hiking and he had it on before an eyewitness but removed it before approaching the girls to seem younger and less threatening. Could anyone please clear up for me where the hat depiction/description came from in the first place?

Your uniform assessment and gait is spot on. Important to keep in mind because this young man might normally walk very differently. My husband is retired Navy and served in multiple branches from Vietnam to Desert Storm and he is a gun savvy hunter. He carries various guns in multiple ways as needed so I'm familiar. He also has a limp that is sometimes worse or better from a bullriding accident. His gait is noticably different with a knife in his boot. He works in the building trades and wears the same cheap box store jeans and boots as BG is wearing because they get wrecked so often. This leads me to believe:

BG is perhaps a day laborer, frequent job quitter, and/or couch surfer perhaps even living out of a car or as suggested is a trucker. Who else would be able to hang around someplace at will on a typical workday?

I believe he is much slimmer and younger than those clothes show. He's more like 165 pounds, twenties, 5'10" or so. He's so opposite what I assumed all this time. The second sketch really clicks for me in that context except I still don't understand why its so crude.

I suggest they release the extended video of BG walking (if such a video exists). I believe some one figured it was 200+ feet from where the video still was to the end of the bridge? The reverse reasoning of not releasing could well be that LE knows who this individual is but they do not feel they have evidence to support a conviction. If that is true after all this time, public pleas, and even the evidence we know of chances of resolution seem slim at best. I can't imagine what would be the missing key. Please don't let it be another crime.

MOO

MOO

Some text BBM.

I agree with pretty much all of this, great post.

That day was a typical work day, except for a lot of public employees in Illinois (Lincoln's birthday), and some local school employees there in Delphi and perhaps surrounding school districts. For most people it was a typical work day.

So does BG have a regular work schedule? Work seasonal construction and had time off between projects? Is he an independent contractor? Does he have a flexible work schedule? Did he simply have the day off?

I agree about the sketches, and at this point wish LE had brought up a vehicle at the CPS building early on, not released the screen grabs of the cleaned up video, and simply released the video. I don't think the sketches have helped, in fact I think they've hurt the case terribly and led to probably thousands of worthless tips.

I think this perp is younger than we all first thought, and what he was wearing that day is a disguise of sorts, the clothes just look way too big. like he stole them, got them at a yard sale, or got them at Goodwill. The jacket looks two sizes too big, to me. I don't picture this guy paying retail for his human hunting and killing outfit.

JMO

Some text BBM.

I agree with pretty much all of this, great post.
That day was a typical work day, except for a lot of public employees in Illinois (Lincoln's birthday), and some local school employees there in Delphi and perhaps surrounding school districts. For most people it was a typical work day.
So does BG have a regular work schedule? Work seasonal construction and had time off between projects? Is he an independent contractor? Does he have a flexible work schedule? Did he simply have the day off?
I agree about the sketches, and at this point wish LE had brought up a vehicle at the CPS building early on, not released the screen grabs of the cleaned up video, and simply released the video. I don't think the sketches have helped, in fact I think they've hurt the case terribly and led to probably thousands of worthless tips.
I think this perp is younger than we all first thought, and what he was wearing that day is a disguise of sorts, the clothes just look way too big. like he stole them, got them at a yard sale, or got them at Goodwill. The jacket looks two sizes too big, to me. I don't picture this guy paying retail for his human hunting and killing outfit.JMO

They probably didn't release the whole video because Abby is at his back. This is probably why he faltered in his step at the end of the sequence of what LE gave us. She jumped at him to try and stop him. Look at the reverse picture of BG, you can clearly see her face.

The shoes look small, from the pictures, simply that. I live in the family of tall men, so I have seen enough big shoes to know when they are not, to use the reverse logic.

Likewise, I would never know how a gun could change the gait, but I subscribe to the hypothesis that it was a gun, or a knife, that made him walk so strange.

Last edited:
They probably didn't release the whole video because Abby is at his back. This is probably why he faltered in his step at the end of the sequence of what LE gave us. She jumped at him to try and stop him. Look at the reverse picture of BG, you can clearly see her face.

I do recall seeing that link on the media thread but I'm unable to locate it. Admittedly it is one of the few things I didn't look at. I do realize what they released was zoomed in which I assumed was to show POI detail including blurring the brush around him for focus. I had seen the YouTube that matched up the BG still at over 200 feet from the end of the bridge. Am I remembering that wrong? To clarify, you are stating that a chaotic altercation occurred between the three of them out on the high bridge where he was in between the two girls? Abby "jumped at him to try to stop him" from grabbing Libby? The possibility of that scenario will need a minute to sink in because I am having trouble picturing this. I did not even view that as faltering. I assumed it was a factor of them looping the snippet of video. The audio sounds so calm and matter of fact i think is why I wouldn't have considered this. Where do you think that audio lines up then?

The shoes look small, from the pictures, simply that. I live in the family of tall men, so I have seen enough big shoes to know when they are not, to use the reverse logic.

Likewise, I would never know how a gun coulx change the gait, but I subscribe that it was a gun that made him walk so strange.

For example a sawed off shotgun down the pants leg with the left hand in the pocket securing it. It can be pulled out of the loose pants very fast and leveled on someone especially if you cut the pocket out. Not personal experience but I have seen it removed from suspects on a cop show and demonstrated. It was shockingly fast and intimidating.

<modsnip> from what I gather this ...killer has done this before and was prepared when he met up with these girls, was wondering if there was any work being done on that bridge or interest with or by engineers or the city, seems to me this psychopath knew the area enough to attack these girls, and possibly lead them astray, he may have been just passing through on business not necessarily living there

Last edited by a moderator:

MOO

His hair.. I don’t see the hair in the looped video, so I assume no one saw his hair, and we can imagine different versions.

We can not say anything about his hair, it can be grey, it can be blond, or dark, but I am thinking - what if it is long and gathered on the top of his head, samurai-style? The LE knows how they were killed, I can only ask, if the nature of the wounds would be typical for someone imagining himself a warrior on the path of bushido?

IRL this guy would be wearing somewhat loosely longuish hair. And only people close to him might know about his interests and hobbies.

I wish we could see the whole video. That could tell us more about his age. But here is what suddenly came to my mind.

A lot of people were commenting on the fact that the guy can be older than 40, but trained to walk on the bridge because of frequently using this route.

The opposite can be true. Young men are fearless. He walks so sure because he yet has no fear. It is
his age.

Oh, and it is my honest belief that they have DNA.

There were early articles about fast-tracking DNA. They should have had it. And now the sheriff mentions the DNA again and a fingerprint, too! JMO.
[/QUOTE]

MOO

His hair.. I don’t see the hair in the looped video, so I assume no one saw his hair, and we can imagine different versions.

We can not say anything about his hair, it can be grey, it can be blond, or dark, but I am thinking - what if it is long and gathered on the top of his head, samurai-style? The LE knows how they were killed, I can only ask, if the nature of the wounds would be typical for someone imagining himself a warrior on the path of bushido?

IRL this guy would be wearing somewhat loosely longuish hair. And only people close to him might know about his interests and hobbies.

I wish we could see the whole video. That could tell us more about his age. But here is what suddenly came to my mind.

A lot of people were commenting on the fact that the guy can be older than 40, but trained to walk on the bridge because of frequently using this route.

The opposite can be true. Young men are fearless. He walks so sure because he yet has no fear. It is
his age.

Oh, and it is my honest belief that they have DNA.

There were early articles about fast-tracking DNA. They should have had it. And now the sheriff mentions the DNA again and a fingerprint, too! JMO.
[/QUOTE]

There is so much about this that just seems to defy logic. I just KNEW when we had the video and audio that an arrest was imminent.

Now we have the sheriff stating there is DNA and possibly a fingerprint. We have video and audio. We have others on the trail that day providing descriptions and sketches. And this isn't like a Super Walmart on a Saturday. There were folks on the trails but NOT many. So why is it so hard to nail this guy down? I get that we don't naturally pay attention to others on trails like this, but someone had to see him. When we have cases on here over 10 years old and maybe 5K in tips at most, we've got almost 50K here in 3 years. What are the odds we get that many tips and NOT one points LE in the right direction. Or has this volume of tips been unmanageable for LE and they went right over the right tip? I know rewards don't seem to be the answer, but we're not talking about $10000 here. Last I looked it was nearer to a quarter of million dollars. There are folks that would throw their best friend under the bus for that amount of money. And yet, nothing. Nada. Zip.

I wonder if those sketches are doing more to hinder the case than help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot