Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. No snark detected nor directed. I’m may be very alone with my opinion(s). I am OK with being wrong. I tend to disagree with the notion that LE has made this confusing. I wholeheartedly believe that they are in a tough set of predicaments. I think this will be a precedent setting case, when it goes to trial. I can’t go long into why I think that, because I don’t want to violate the terms of this board. In my scenario, all is being done that can be done and the confusion will be cleared up with the information that is being withheld. I think that the multi-force effort has a strategic plan in their communications. No one is perfect, though, especially not the messenger. There are some very obvious examples of that. MOO

Edit: typo

Yes. To be honest, I am occasionally critical of LE, as are many others. But they were with the case from day 1, saw what no one can unsee. They have been traumatized as well. They are under constant observation and scrutiny. Not an easy situation.

I believe, he was for long and will remain a "deadly weapon". :(
He probably had a cooling off period after the murders, and being caught on video and audio may may spooked him into remaining dormant longer than he otherwise would have, but I don't doubt that his blood lust will eventually catch up with him and that more victims will die by his hand.

I don't know, if you are right. How should LE find the one last puzzle piece (at MHB or not at the time in question?), if they don't show his face, at least with a sketch?

I'm not the original poster but you might have misunderstood what was being said.

If I understand the post you replied to correctly, the poster was responding to people who say "they put out a sketch to scare the person who they know is BG," "it's a sketch of BG's son or younger accomplice to put pressure on BG."

To my knowledge, LE in the US don't do that. They typically use sketches to advance the investigation, to narrow the pool of suspects. Sketches are used more often behind the scenes, than released to the public. They don't use sketches to lay a trap for an offender whose identity is already known.

Last edited:
He probably had a cooling off period after the murders, and being caught on video and audio may may spooked him into remaining dormant longer than he otherwise would have, but I don't doubt that his blood lust will eventually catch up with him and that more victims will die by his hand.
I hope not, but unfortunately it is likely that if he is a serial killer - i.e., this is not a one time thing for him - he won't be caught before he does it again. Assuming this was his first time to kill.

I think he may do other murders and crimes and will switch it up..maybe he will switch it up and yet still escalate in someways. But I think his victims will be very young women preferably Teenage or younger .

Still though the little girls in Iowa give me pause... I mean so what if he moved the bodies..he may have done so because he had the opportunity and could hide them and revisit them, whereas the situation with the older girls did not allow for it.

I don't think moving the bodies is part of signature. So I still think the cases may be related. as we are looking for a serial killer and looking for patterns, opportunity and motive. The motive being sexual sadism, perversion and pedophillia. Also to look at a preferred environment for his crimes, rural, isolated, outside, low traffic, but enough so not to be noticed or to stand out yet still benefit from the cover of nature. Some may think the nature trail is the pattern and the victim only needs to be female.

wonder they had any suspects in the Iowa case that could fit?

mOO

Something that I find haunting is the book LG was said to have been reading. BP mentions it right at the end of showing LG’s room, in the JR video. Out of morbid curiosity, I recently read it... I wish I hadn’t.

It’s at time code 4:08

Something that I find haunting is the book LG was said to have been reading. BP mentions it right at the end of showing LG’s room, in the JR video. Out of morbid curiosity, I recently read it... I wish I hadn’t.
For anyone who missed it, the title is Promise not to Tell. I had to strain my ears to hear it.

Do you think it will be local or that he will travel to commit his next crime?

That's a tough call. I don't think he will use the same trail system—he knows that people in the immediate area are being especially vigilant now—but I don't think he'll travel any farther than he has to to find a suitable hunting ground, which would be hiking trail off the beaten path. If he spends time in multiple areas—for work or school, let's say—then all bets are off.

ETA: I think he'll seek a trail that's off the beaten path and that affords a good escape route. That trail system had to be a dream location for him because it was remote, yet it was adjacent to a major thoroughfare. There can't be many locales that fit the bill.

Last edited:

IMO thank you for sharing this.. Very interesting to read the summary of the book. I wonder if her interest in the book was ever investigated? Was she reading it for school or her own interest? Did she normally read murder/mystery/psychological thriller type books? I'm sure it is just an eerie coincidence, but still gives a pause to think about it.

For anyone who missed it, the title is Promise not to Tell. I had to strain my ears to hear it.
Thank you! I couldn't understand and couldn't decipher, so it was was very helpful!
Wiki:
Her debut novel, Promise Not to Tell, was published by Harper Paperbacks (an imprint of HarperCollins) in April 2007. Promise Not to Tell was described by Publishers Weekly as "Part mystery-thriller and part ghost story".[1] It was released in Germany by Rowohlt Verlag, under the title Das Mädchen im Wald (The Girl in the Woods), in October 2007.

Still though the little girls in Iowa give me pause... I mean so what if he moved the bodies..he may have done so because he had the opportunity and could hide them and revisit them, whereas the situation with the older girls did not allow for it.

I don't think moving the bodies is part of signature. So I still think the cases may be related. as we are looking for a serial killer and looking for patterns, opportunity and motive. The motive being sexual sadism, perversion and pedophillia. Also to look at a preferred environment for his crimes, rural, isolated, outside, low traffic, but enough so not to be noticed or to stand out yet still benefit from the cover of nature. Some may think the nature trail is the pattern and the victim only needs to be female.

wonder they had any suspects in the Iowa case that could fit?

mOO

Snipped and bolded to highlight this part because I'm always interested to read and understand more about people's theories. How did you come to the conclusion that this particular piece of information should be downgraded in importance when you were looking at patterns?

The US Justice Department published a guide for local jurisdictions called Investigative Pathways for Serial Murder. The guide's stated purpose is to provide investigators with information about serial murder rooted in empirical findings that could help LE investigate and solve serial cases.

In Chapter 3 of this document, crime scene analysis is covered with respect to what's important for investigators to look at. Here's a list of crime scene variables that investigative are to prioritize:

1. Approach to the victim
2. Nature of the physical Interaction (are the victims lured/quiet coercion or was it a blitz attack, etc)
3. Nature of the sexual interaction (if it occurred...it did in over 70% of serial murder cases)
4. Choice of weapon
5. Manner of death
6. Method of body disposal

And out of all of these, #6, method of body disposal, was called "one of the central factors to case resolution."

The guide further goes on to describe the patterns that investigators should look at when trying to determine if cases are linked. Those things are: consistent M.O. (including body disposal method), common approaches to victims, similar physical/sexual interactions (this would be where signatures would be considered), common victimology, correlated forensic results, geographic locations, and temporal aspects (time of year, day of week, etc).

JMO but I don't think the public has nearly enough information about either the Delphi or Evansdale murders to know if there is linkage. We know things like "there was the word 'bridge' in both locations!" but that's not what's important. LE may have a good idea, though, based on things that have been kept relatively quiet like weapons used, nature of physical/sexual interactions, and, of course, details of body disposal.

In Chapter 3 of this document, crime scene analysis is covered with respect to what's important for investigators to look at. Here's a list of crime scene variables that investigative are to prioritize:

1. Approach to the victim
2. Nature of the physical Interaction (are the victims lured/quiet coercion or was it a blitz attack, etc)
3. Nature of the sexual interaction (if it occurred...it did in over 70% of serial murder cases)
4. Choice of weapon
5. Manner of death
6. Method of body disposal

And out of all of these, #6, method of body disposal, was called "one of the central factors to case resolution."
bbm
My theory is, that BG is very smart and very well versed in the field of "Crime" because of his true passion for it (no, NOT LE!). He will work the list down and change point 1 to point 6 every time or at least occasionally, besides changing the federal state. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Unusual reading for a girl of Libby's age, who also dreamed of the Peter Pan world. Or are there any similarities?

I was just thinking about this from growing up in a small town. Murder in a small town would be extremely unusual and it would be a much bigger deal than in a more urban area. From the link below (hope it's okay to use) it looks like only 5 violent ctimes there annually.

If someone living in such a small place had the means or lifestyle allowing then to travel I could see them committing crimes elsewhere. However my experience with small towns there are a good portion of the population who doesn't venture out much further. I wonder if the attention and small town everyone knows everthing and everyone culture would be enough to prevent someone from committing a similar crime twice.

Delphi Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member