Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA. A case in Ontario, Canada spanning back to the mid 80's was solved in Oct 2020 due to the perp having committed suicide. Police found his blood was still retained at the place that did his autopsy and used the blood to match him to someone in his family tree online... when they found out who his family was, they were able to figure out who he was. He had been a friend of the family at the time, and this was a horrific murder. The way he left his victim is unbelievable! I'm skipping the gory details but if you google Christine Jessop, you'll learn just how awful this case was! Incidentally, this appears to have been his only murder (that police know of so far), and it doesn't appear that he ever told a soul, including his wife whom he had been married to at the time of the crime. She didn't even seem to suspect him, and was shocked when police told her.
How DNA and a genealogy website helped lead to the killer of Christine Jessop

I just finished watching the video and reading about the Christine Jessop murder, photographer4, and what especially stood out to me was that it was discovered that the REAL murderer of Christine Jessop had a connection to her family. The murderers wife worked with Christine Jessops father. My point being that whomever murdered Abby and Libby might possibly have some kind of connection to either or both girls families, albeit a very small one. This case makes me doubly glad that LE working on the girls case are NOT rushing to charge someone until they are SURE that their case is ironclad.

JMO

Below is a snip of conversation from DHT:

DTH:
I want to go back to the video for a moment. Have you seen the whole video?

Sgt. Kim Riley:
Yes.

DTH:
Obviously, without telling us the parts that you don’t want to release, can you tell us what that’s like to watch that video?

Sgt. Kim Riley:
It was scary. Uh, I guess would be one way to put it. Just [pause] seeing, um, you know—seeing, just seeing the feelings that were going through the girls at the time. I’m not going to say which one, in particular. But, just knowing that—I, you know, just knowing what they knew is—is just, is just frightening for, uh, a 13- or 14-year old girl to know.

What did the girls know, and how quickly did they know it?? This quote makes me think that something was pre-setup for the victims. Any victims and these girls just happened to be the victims. Maybe he originally planned on one victim, but two came along. Who knows? Additionally, how do you see the feelings that were going through the girls at the time unless there was a video, of the girls?? This begs the question: what the hell was on the video that allows LE to see the feelings that were going through the girls at the time, or one girl in particular? Did Lib capture some video of Abby as they were taken by the guy? Did she capture part of the crime scene pre-mortem? How did she do it without BG seeing / seizing the phone?

So... could one of the signatures be, as a wild possibility, that BG took the phone and recorded the girls reactions to whatever he was showing them / where he led them to? Maybe a scene was already set up? Then he put the phone back in a pocket or wherever LE found it?

That would surely be above and beyond what is necessary to commit the murders. It would surely shock those who saw it. It would fit as a signature, no?

I realize we have no idea, because LE hasn't told us, but is it POSSIBLE?

Similar to what @TL4S said, my thoughts are that this theory doesn't fit with the facts that we've been told as regards timing. The reporter from DTH said on the HLN extra that she asked TL if the recording was as much as 8 minutes long and he said no, "it's not nearly that long." This is from the same conversation where he says there's "nothing earth shattering" on it. So if the video starts when BG is, what, 60 feet away from them on the bridge? Is that what people estimate? I don't think the video can be long enough to include anything at the site where they were killed/found just due to the time involved in making it to that location.

Just a thought I had...we have speculated that Libby lost her shoe on the bridge side of the creek because she was running, or because she was fighting. It's not uncommon to lose clothing items during a struggle with an attacker.

But have we ever considered that maybe he forced the girls to take off their shoes in order to more easily control them or to prevent them from running away? Maybe they were carrying clothing items, hence a shoe on one side of the creek and clothing in the creek. Seems like making them walk barefoot would be a power move that would have both practical (prevents escape) and psychological (domination/control) reasons. Just speculation.

Just a thought I had...we have speculated that Libby lost her shoe on the bridge side of the creek because she was running, or because she was fighting. It's not uncommon to lose clothing items during a struggle with an attacker.

But have we ever considered that maybe he forced the girls to take off their shoes in order to more easily control them or to prevent them from running away? Maybe they were carrying clothing items, hence a shoe on one side of the creek and clothing in the creek. Seems like making them walk barefoot would be a power move that would have both practical (prevents escape) and psychological (domination/control) reasons. Just speculation.
I do think that is a possibility. I've considered before that whether by force or by accident, L, at least, would have had a hard time running with only 1 shoe. I've also considered maybe they were made to wade farther upstream, or that he even took a shoe or two with him, as well.

Another consideration is where exactly the shoe was found? Along the bank, in the mud, in the water, which side? It's the kind of information LE could probably attain a lot from, but we don't have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member