Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The average juror does not understand DNA. Give me a good circumstantial case any day.

Here's a 2m video story about a friend's DNA. He was erroneously arrested for the Angie Dodge murder bc of DNA donated at Ancestory.com. He was in Idaho snow skiing with friends at the time of her death.

edited to add: The guy charged in Angie's death went to prison for over a decade. Angie's mom helped him get released from prison after she watched the Investigators 60 hours of interviewing him. Eventually, LEO nailed the right guy.
Famous, or I should say infamous, case. Not long after this Ancestry.com made the database private and LE has to get a court order or warrant to search it.

I’m having trouble uploading the file, but I found a Facebook video where JC says “you guys are ridiculous” to his dogs and playing it on repeat and then listening to “guys, down the hill”, it sounds eerily similar. I have found nothing yet that makes me think he couldn’t be BG. That doesn’t mean that he is BG, but it’s especially creepy that he could be, and if he isn’t.. that many people like BG exist in the world around us.

Tiff, I think he is a great suspect for the Delphi murders of Abby and Libby. He is certainly a stronger POI than my suspect due to his reckless behavior. JC has a high probability factor of being the one! I have photos of both sketches and his mugshot open. It's so close. We're so close. I've had chills off and on all day.

I feel his profile could fit based on:
-compulsion
-aggression
-Landscapes he frequents (Outdoors)
-violence against young girls
-appears to be fighting some inner demons
-may appear younger if clean shaved (it’s possible his looks have changed a lot since early 2017)
-height

What holds me back:
-DNA would seem to be on file
-I feel he would have told someone (maybe still possible and now that he is behind bars they come forward)

All JMO..

Some quick notes/index from yesterday (now revised chronologically), not exhaustive by my means, not even close.

Inside red vehicle
March 9, 2017
Brian Chadwell

Fire pit
May 2017
Facebook

Kayaks
July 10, 2018

Bullet pic
July 18, 2018
Facebook

April 6, 2019
Swollen Knuckle pic

April 16, 2019
Photo under bridge
Brian Chadwell..

April 16, 2019
River

Fishing
April 25, 2019

Train and Bridge
May 11, 2019

Fire
June 8, 2019

Kayak Fishing on the Lake
June 27, 2019

Arm tattoo
Photo on bridge over river
May 16, 2020

June 1, 2020
Photo in woods
Facebook

In the Tippecanoe River
June 7, 2020
Facebook

Fire in woods
June 13, 2020
Facebook

Rings
April 11, 2021
Facebook

Last edited:
Yes.
I believe that LE's primary goal when making a statement about a case is always to progress the case.
Maybe they're speaking to the real BG when they put forth the possiblity that this guy is the one.

Here’s the issue I posted earlier before discussion was opened up to JBC.

According to the probable cause affidavit, JBC was convicted of a felony in IN in 2016. Indiana law states that anyone convicted of a felony after 2005 must submit DNA to Indiana’s DNA database. This is usually done with a mouth swab or blood sample when someone is being held in prison or during a probation check-in. Section 10(a)(3) 2006 Indiana Code - CHAPTER 6. INDIANA DNA DATA BASE

JBC’s DNA should have been in the Indiana DNA database by 2017.

If they had DNA at Delphi and JBC’s DNA made it into the database as required by law, LE should have already ruled him in or out. I am surprised that LE is making cautious statements. Maybe Kelsie knows this and is why she is asking for calm.

Possibilities:

1. DNA from Delphi and JBC ruled out in 2017
2. DNA from Delphi but JBC DNA not in database due to error
3. No good DNA from Delphi so no answer

If there’s no DNA from Delphi I would be skeptical that JBC is the offender as he seems so messy and disorganized based on his public profiles and attack last week - could he really murder two little girls without leaving even a trace of his DNA? This guy can’t go to the grocery store without having a breakdown on Facebook.

I will be happy but surprised if this is the guy.

I haven't watched the video, but I know MU wasn't arrested. He was suspected.
He was a 7th cousin to the real killer, Brian Dripps.

The average juror does not understand DNA. Give me a good circumstantial case any day.

Here's a 2m video story about a friend's DNA. He was erroneously arrested for the Angie Dodge murder bc of DNA donated at Ancestory.com. He was in Idaho snow skiing with friends at the time of her death.

edited to add: The guy charged in Angie's death went to prison for over a decade. Angie's mom helped him get released from prison after she watched the Investigators 60 hours of interviewing him. Eventually, LEO nailed the right guy.

Hmm Here is reference to a goatee (he has that in some photos)
Officers believe the man accused of murdering Liberty German and Abigail Williams is 5-feet, 6-inches to 5-feet,10-inches tall, weighs between 180 and 220 pounds and has a goatee.

BChadwell has brown eyes..
"The person was not clear on the color of the eyes, but the person said it was definitely not blue," Riley said.

Family of slain Indiana teen hopes new sketch reignites public interest

I haven't watched the video, but I know MU wasn't arrested. He was suspected.
He was a 7th cousin to the real killer, Brian Dripps.

My apologies for in my haste, I wrote arrested instead of interrogated.

MU was requested to go to the police station to be interrogated and give his DNA sample.

The experience changed his life forever. He's married and no longer in NOLA once again proving life goes on.

Police Rescue 9-Year-Old Girl From Basement Of Man Who Allegedly Abused And Planned To Kill Her | Oxygen Official Site

“The department has not immediately returned Oxygen.com’s request for comment.”

[...]

“As a result of his arrest, the internet has been abuzz with speculation that he resembles a sketch of the suspect from the Delphi Murders, the 2017 killings of Indiana eighth-graders Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13.”

[...]

“"The information has obviously been shared with us, and our investigators are looking into him," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told the Journal & Courier. His office has not immediately returned an information request from Oxygen.com.”

Not to add more confusion to this case but Are some of his court locations close to Lyric and Elizabeth homicide in Meyers Creek?

I think there are a few cases we could scratch heads over given his travels. Unless LE/Media states they are looking into them though they are off limits for direct discussion/connection.

The article is from July 2017, after the first sketch was released. Headline is misleading because it says "new" sketch.

Hmm Here is reference to a goatee (he has that in some photos)
Officers believe the man accused of murdering Liberty German and Abigail Williams is 5-feet, 6-inches to 5-feet,10-inches tall, weighs between 180 and 220 pounds and has a goatee.

BChadwell has brown eyes..
"The person was not clear on the color of the eyes, but the person said it was definitely not blue," Riley said.

Family of slain Indiana teen hopes new sketch reignites public interest

How long until JC’s Facebook likely disappears? I can try to scrape all the posts but I’ll def need another day. What type of format would be useful for people? A Google spread sheet with posts by date, etc. (any names of people could be anonymized) ?

LE has been cagey around whether they have BG's DNA, but it seems like they do, IMO. For example, in this article from 2019, it says that LE requested DNA from a dead suspect to rule him out, which implies they have DNA on file for the Delphi suspect to compare against: Delphi murder investigators request dead rape suspect's DNA

"According to the Lafayette Journal and Courier, police have requested DNA and autopsy results from 55-year-old Paul Etter"
[...]
"Investigators say the DNA test will rule him out or make him a suspect."

It seems like either they have DNA from the crime scene or Chadwell is BG, but both can't be true. Right?

Someone pointed out earlier that it’s possible his DNA didn’t make it into the database so I am considering that as a viable option. However, if I’m Indiana state police and my case is going cold, wouldn’t I spend the time between 2017 and 2021 pulling DNA from every guy who may fit my profile where I am legally allowed to take their DNA? It seems hard to believe that LE wouldn’t make sure they had samples from everyone legally required to give a sample. So I think the odds are his DNA has been in the database and either he’s not it or there’s no DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties