Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a hypothetical that may be helpful.

We have seen that JBC seems to post prolifically on his public Facebook, but such posts are conspicuous by their absence around the times of the Delphi crime.

IMO, it is possible he was not at home to access WiFi and that any private posts he may have made around the time of Feb 13 were personal posts to friends when he was able to get internet access (i.e. hotspots, internet cafes ..)

A friend of his posted screenshots of the posts JC made on FEB 13, 2017. The first one was at 7pm.

FB allows posts to be preset for a certain time. Anyone know when that policy started?

New to this case, and pardon me for asking a basic question. What was the source of the artist renderings? Video or witness? And why did the original rendering change?

The first sketch was released about six months after the murders. According to LE it was made by talking with people who were on the trails that day and said they saw the BG. So it’s kinda a composite of what more than one person saw.
Why LE changed the sketch has never been fully explained other than continued investigation led them to do that. The second sketch was actually done three days after the murders after someone came to police to report they had seen “something they felt needed reporting”.
After switching to the second sketch LE has continually made confusing statements about both sketches, so it really hard to figure whether either one means anything.

The first sketch was released about six months after the murders. According to LE it was made by talking with people who were on the trails that day and said they saw the BG. So it’s kinda a composite of what more than one person saw.
Why LE changed the sketch has never been fully explained other than continued investigation led them to do that. The second sketch was actually done three days after the murders after someone came to police to report they had seen “something they felt needed reporting”.
After switching to the second sketch LE has continually made confusing statements about both sketches, so it really hard to figure whether either one means anything.
Yes, I agree that they have made conflicting statements. Even with the first sketch, they told people to ignore the hat, which was really strange to me.
I am going with sketch one.

eta: @@carbuff, whatcha think?
Inside red vehicle
March 9, 2017
Brian Chadwell

Wow, it's been decades since I saw a vehicle with wing windows like that. Everything is very bare bones, and the windshield is at a sharp vertical angle. My first guess is mid-70's Jeep or maybe Chevy pickup? Are there any other photos?

ETA: the steering wheel looks Chevy.

Last edited:
That was the one that had the camper there, right? In the yard? I think I remember a camper pic.

Hey OBE, will we’ve got you on the line, can you please take a look at this slug and give me your impressions. I haven’t looked at it or studied it yet, still in robot mode, trying to bag and tag stuff before it goes poof, tia

@oceanblueeyes
Bullet pic
July 18, 2018
Facebook

eta: @@carbuff, whatcha think?
Inside red vehicle
March 9, 2017
Brian Chadwell

With respect to the red vehicle, am I imaging that they mentioned a red vehicle that they were interested in? I think that it was in the April 22 presser. Or maybe I am confusing this with another case.

ETA - I imagined the color of the vehicle. Here is what I was thinking of from the April 22 presser:

"We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14th, 2017 [Note: It has been updated that the date was misspoken- it should be February 13th, not 14th]. If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at The Delphi City Building."

Last edited:
A friend of his posted screenshots of the posts JC made on FEB 13, 2017. The first one was at 7pm.

FB allows posts to be preset for a certain time. Anyone know when that policy started?

Was it 7:00 pm on the dot ??

According to this 2012 article about scheduling automatic FB posts, they can only be set in 10 minute increments as follows

" at 00-, 10-, 20-, 30-, 40- or 50-minute marks of the hour. So if you need a post to go out specifically at 2:15 pm, you cannot set it."

Wow, it's been decades since I saw a vehicle with wing windows like that. Everything is very bare bones, and the windshield is at a sharp vertical angle. My first guess is mid-70's Jeep or maybe Chevy pickup? Are there any other photos?

I’m still working on a vehicle pics file/index, it’s a rice against time, and taking forever, but I’ll have some bagged and tagged for you soon.

you know, I keep asking myself, if I were BG, would I post things that could be connected to the crime, vehicles, attire, etc., but, considering potential taunting, maybe he would, idk. I’ll tag ya as soon as I get the vehicles file done. Nice to see ya. :)

This is why it freaked me the heck out when MJK (Klunder) was ruled out in Lizzie & Lyric’s case, after abducting two girls in Iowa, Kathlyn Shepard, whom he killed, the other little girl escaped, thankfully. I have never been comfortable with that rule out and wish we knew more.

Maybe just not enough DNA/other evidence.

(Sorry if repost)

Delphi Investigators Are ‘Actively Pursuing’ Accused Predator James Chadwell, Libby German’s Grandfather Says

April 29, 2021

“I know the investigative team is working on it. I've talked to them, and they're actively pursuing this,” Libby's grandfather Mike Patty told Inside Edition.”

[...]

“”I'm certainly hopeful,” Patty said. “I'm waiting for that call from law enforcement, you know?””

[...]

““As bad as I want to get all worked up and be able to say, ‘Yeah, this is gonna be the one, we're just gonna have to wait,” Patty said.”

(Sorry if repost)

Delphi Investigators Are ‘Actively Pursuing’ Accused Predator James Chadwell, Libby German’s Grandfather Says

April 29, 2021

“I know the investigative team is working on it. I've talked to them, and they're actively pursuing this,” Libby's grandfather Mike Patty told Inside Edition.”

[...]

“”I'm certainly hopeful,” Patty said. “I'm waiting for that call from law enforcement, you know?””

[...]

““As bad as I want to get all worked up and be able to say, ‘Yeah, this is gonna be the one, we're just gonna have to wait,” Patty said.”
“actively pursuing” LOVE THIS!!!

“actively pursuing” LOVE THIS!!!

Additionally (italic for emphasis)

“Mike Patty says he is hopeful that a man recently charged with attempted murder of a 9-year-old girl is connected to the 2017 Delphi slayings. Investigators are reportedly looking into James Chadwell, whose social media posts may offer disturbing clues.”

With respect to the red vehicle, am I imaging that they mentioned a red vehicle that they were interested in? I think that it was in the April 22 presser. Or maybe I am confusing this with another case.

ETA - I imagined the color of the vehicle. Here is what I was thinking of from the April 22 presser:

"We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14th, 2017 [Note: It has been updated that the date was misspoken- it should be February 13th, not 14th]. If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at The Delphi City Building."

Yes and Yes. I was trying to find that post on the vehicle. BG could have cousins, other family that look similar (wonder if "famila" dna is all they have right now? and perhaps a family member is known in Delphi with good reputation or jobs (Dr, store owner, business owner etc). (reason for 2 drawings?)

Additionally (italic for emphasis)

“Mike Patty says he is hopeful that a man recently charged with attempted murder of a 9-year-old girl is connected to the 2017 Delphi slayings. Investigators are reportedly looking into James Chadwell, whose social media posts may offer disturbing clues.”
WOOOOWWWWWW!!! Oh the hints in those posts, eh??!????!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin