Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the way his pants bunch up at the bottom. That's how he chooses to wear them and that's how BG wore his that fateful day.

For what it's worth, for 5'8" dudes wearing regular-length pants (32" inseam, the easiest length to find), that's pretty much inevitably how they look.

Source: I am a dude who is exactly 5'8" tall so I know the deal haha

A friend of his posted screenshots of the posts JC made on FEB 13, 2017. The first one was at 7pm.

FB allows posts to be preset for a certain time. Anyone know when that policy started?

If the girls were found 50 feet from the creek (I know there is debate about this) any chance BG covered the girls in mud? "How you left them in those woods is NOT what they are experiencing today." Any chance BG was covered in mud? "One of the witness felt they needed to report something unusual that they saw." Not direct quotes, just paraphrasing. MOO.

Good Afternoon all!

This morning I was thinking about some of the prolific pedophiles, and murderers we've discussed here through the years. Tragically they've been way too many abducted by stranger pedophiles. Imo. That is why we should never trust any stats on stranger abductions because so many children remain missing.

I hadn't ever thought about this before, and how one arrest for kidnapping, rape, and/or murder of precious children led to the arrest for more charges for the same offenses.

These are two that came to mind immediately. I'm sure there are far more if I really develed deeply into my old brain's memory (which is pretty darn sharp for my age, LOL) since most know I've been following these kind of heartbreaking cases for over four decades now.

Anyway, when Joseph Duncan was finally arrested/charged for four murders, and kidnapping, torture, rape, of 8 year old Shasta, and 11 year old Dylan Greone, (Dylan one of his murdered victims) other unsolved cases were finally solved. He had also done the same thing to a 6 year old little boy in CA. Also two young sisters in Washington state. Imo he has many more victims who's cases remains unsolved.

Then I thought of 6 year old beautiful little Isabel Celis who was missing for many years. Finally Clements was arrested on another offense, and in exchange hoping for leniency he told LE he could lead them to Isa's scattered remains in the desert.

But before CC showing them where Isa was located they had another precious child go missing, and Maribel Gonzalez' body was found in the same general area in the desert. It too was unsolved until then.

I posted on that thread this morning saying: In the end little Isa spoke from the grave saying to LE 'please help Maribel he murdered her too."

In MG' case due to finding her body in 3 days they had DNA matching CC. So he's been charged with both victims. He also told his exgirlfriend he put more bodies in the desert with is very vast, and desolate. CC had been a serial pedophile all the way back to when he was 15.

I bring these two cases up only because we may can have hope the kidnapping of this little girl who went through such horror from her own sadistic pedophile it may be the break needed to solve this heart shattering case as well.

I pray justice comes soon.

Jmho

Last edited:
South Dakota Inmate Locator - he was released from prison in 2016:

Offender Locator :: SD Dept of Corrections

He was on parole in 2016 in Indiana, after having asked for a transfer from Iowa in 2015. He walked out of prison in 2011, violated parole in 2012 when he was living at a halfway house.

3.14.16 he was released from his parole sentence on his own recognizance (OR) in Tippecanoe County, IN.

This information was pulled from this thread:

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

Hat tip to @margarita25

JMO

Here is the link to the information about the vehicle:

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

These have been my thoughts since the April 22 press conference. Since that vehicle and the new sketch were released at the same time, I believe that the two are related. I believe that the witness who provided the second sketch description saw BG either before or after the crime. At that time, BG was not wearing his hat.

At the time of the murder, LE had the photograph of BG, but the sketch provided by the second witness didn't match. LE knew that BG had interreacted with the girls based on the video evidence so they went with the sketch that resembled the photograph. IMO, LE uncovered something tha made them realize that the second sketch was the killer (and also BG). And if you look at the current person under investigation, he resembles both sketches IMO. My gut tells me that the second witness also saw BG heading to or leaving the sought vehicle (among other things).

The witness may have been the only witness to give a decent description of the vehicle, as well.

Good post.

first sketch = witnesses plus artist interpretation of video footage
second sketch = a witness who reported something that was suspicious...this was done before the first sketch
Here's something that struck me about the sketches. DN looked like the hat sketch, but not the other one at all IMO. Chadwell looks a lot like both sketches. Like two different people's interpretations of the same person.

Here's something that struck me about the sketches. DN looked like the hat sketch, but not the other one at all IMO. Chadwell looks a lot like both sketches. Like two different people's interpretations of the same person.

The ISP made it clear when they released the second sketch that the two sketches are not the same person. I've seen news reports that the original sketch was based on an interpretation of the video Libby look, but I've never seen that confirmed directly by a police source as a quote or press release though.

Ok what are your thoughts on this...
Much earlier in these posts someone suggested the killer may have made his escape on a canoe etc. Now we know that JBC had kayaks as per the pictures of him trying to sell them. Is it possible he kayaked from Deer Creek to The Wabash River straight to Lafayette to make his getaway? Is that even possible?

My take on a canoe being involved is people would have seen him in it. Deer Creek passes through Delphi proper, south of downtown, then dumps into the Wabash river on the west side of town. Roughly two miles or so from MHB.

JMO

That is just the weirdest "coincidence?" then...if in fact JBC is determined to be the Delphi killer.

Unless it refers to an MO that's even older than the Delphi case. If he turns out to be BG, or hell, even if not, people will now be turning his whole history upside down looking for clues.

Well, an official “rule out” is different from not having (enough) DNA or evidence to charge. Iirc, he was officially ruled out, based on something, whether it was an alibi, a ping, DNA, idk....

As I recall, it was the totality of circumstances. Among other things, even after extensive investigation they couldn't connect him to having been in the Evansdale area around the time of the murders. They put over a year into investigating all the possibilities and I think if there had been even a shred of evidence to connect him, they would have gone for it.

Just wondering...Do you think LE offically shows sketch witnesses this guys mugshot and play his voice the one who interacted with him?

I'm wondering why MP says he's very hopeful and waiting for the phone to ring. I don't recall him saying anything similar when DN was being looked at.

Do you think it's JBC being so close to both sketches, his voice sounding so similar also? Him looking much younger than he is...just thinking outloud.

Imo, it's all of the entire circumstances surrounding him this time compiled together.

Didn't LE say they believe the suspect is hiding in plain sight?

I also think this one may fit the FBI profile very well.

What really worries me too is the facts about pedophiles, and they have many many victims before they are finally caught. They can often start off molesting children within their own families then can step out of their comfort zone to assault other children not kin to them. Some can grow bored with sexually assaulting children, and that's when they start murdering them along with sexually violating them.

They need to go back and investigate him even hes not the murderer even back in his teens.

Pedophiles don't just become one at his age.

Jmho

Last edited:
The ISP made it clear when they released the second sketch that the two sketches are not the same person. I've seen news reports that the original sketch was based on an interpretation of the video Libby look, but I've never seen that confirmed directly by a police source as a quote or press release though.
They did say that at the April 2019 PC. Then some, the ISP, back pedaled and ISP Carter said could turn out to be a combination of the two sketches...which had us all scratching our heads. Local LE (Sheriff Leazenby) said things like they hadn't totally decided if it was just one or more than one killer.

I believe another ISP did state that it was eye witnesses and the video that went into the first sketch? IIRC

My take on a canoe being involved is people would have seen him in it. Deer Creek passes through Delphi proper, south of downtown, then dumps into the Wabash river on the west side of town. Roughly two miles or so from MHB.

JMO
Exactly. Getting away via canoe or kayak seems very improbable IMO.

I have been thinking about this very thing this morning and I am still trying to wrap my mind around it.

On April 24, 2019
Indiana State Police also issued the following clarification about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
https://www.wrtv.com/isp-person-in-...t-a-person-of-interest-in-libby-abbys-murders

On Feb 14, 2021
Along with the new sketch, police also updated their description of the suspect to be a man between 18 and 40 years old, who could appear much younger than he actually is.

"When we decided that, through the information we received, that we were going to release the second sketch I don’t believe the individual knew we were going to do that. So, it was really, really important. I think he was probably there and/or watching, simply because he thought we were on the wrong path," Carter said when the second sketch was released.

The sketches were composed from witness accounts of two separate individuals who were in the area on the day of the murders. Indiana State Police later revealed that the second sketch, released more than two years after the girls were killed, was actually the first sketch they had drawn up.

They also say they now believe that the second sketch is a more accurate depiction of the suspect, although the actual suspect may likely be a mix between both sketches.

"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual, when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

https://www.wrtv.com/news/delphi/the-delphi-murders-four-years-later-and-still-no-arrests

I don’t know if this is BG, but I have considered that maybe the killer wore baggy clothes over another set of clothes so they could be quickly removed to instantly change his look after the murder and to also help prevent leaving DNA behind. Two pairs of pants could also make his walk different, especially on that rickety bridge, and make him look heavier than he really is.
Indeed, one of my first thoughts. However looking closer there is something else going on inside that jacket. There appeared to be distinct lines of something hard and a very strange poof coming out of the top.
yea, his posts come across as a hot middle school drama mess. Such a rollercoaster

. In my totally unqualified opinion, I’d peg him as a psychopathic narcissist. They tend to bounce between extremes.

(Quoting Sinbad from “Jingle All The Way” - “I took a class in junior college, so I’m right in there!” )
Indeed. Perfect description.

A lot of people on here are sure it must be the monster.. I hope that the monster HAS been caught and I am wrong. But remember how a lot of people were sure it must have been the property owner at first.. and then DN? Wrong on both counts. I stand by my belief that while this monster is one evil and dangerous perp, and I am SO thankful he will be in prison where he belongs.. the monster who murdered Abby and Libby has not been caught yet. JMO

Just to build on the prior post. By Feb 20, 2017 they had already suspected he had changed his looks:

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 / 06:42 PM EST / Updated: Feb 20, 2017 / 07:08 PM EST
“We are asking people that were driving through the Hoosier heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or saw somebody walking. We are asking people in Logansport all the way to Lafayette if they saw somebody around that late afternoon on February 13 walking down the roadway. We would like to know about that person,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley.

Police believe the man may have changed his look to try and hide his identity. They are asking every Hoosier to keep their eyes and ears open.
Indiana police searching state for main suspect in murders of two Delphi teens | WTTV CBS4Indy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member