Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness why would they decline genetic genealogy?

It's been awhile since I listened to this full video you're replying to, but if I recall correctly, I think the reporter said that while LE do have DNA, they won't say what kind of DNA or if it's a full profile. She reported that the sheriff told her that they are aware of genetic genealogy technology and at this time have decided to stick with other testing. Since we don’t know the state of the DNA, or whether the profile is complete, it's thought their decision may be based on factors related to that. The reporter indicated that at the time of the last presser, LE told her they had run all the DNA tests that they could do at that point. She said she wishes they were more forthcoming about what they are doing with DNA but understands why they don’t say more.

My perspective is that if they don't have a proper standard of DNA in order to run genetic genealogy testing at this particular time, but feel that technology may progress to allow it in the (hopefully near) future, it would be pretty dumb for LE to announce "we tried it and failed at this point." That would open up a lot of questions for an eventual defense about the accuracy of genetic evidence as a whole. Better to just keep quiet about the process for now. Just MOO.

I worry about the scenario where someone gave someone an alibi and say the someone that gave the alibi is now deceased ? not the best scenario for LE I guess.
That is a truly awful deadlock. Unless of course, someone or something would break the alibi without that person.

IMO people are charged all the time who have "alibis." It's up to the prosecution to show through questioning of the alibi witness that their testimony is untrustworthy. My perspective is, if your alibi is based on just one person's word and there's no corroborating evidence that they are correct - but there is other incriminating evidence that you did the crime - if LE can get an indictment, they are going to charge you.
Then the key is evidence. Something that will make the alibi irrelevant. I now understand LE having said, we just need that one last piece of the puzzle…

I can imagine how hard it might be to get the evidence needed to charge BJC even if they’re sure he did it - how many times has he relocated in the years since? He’s been in & out of prison and his father’s house, sleeping under bridges, supposedly in a home of his own..... any possessions that might’ve tied him to the crime (a “trophy,” the clothes worn etc) is likely long gone. What could LE even search with the hope of finding something, beyond his recorded online activity & interview any alibi source?

I can imagine how hard it might be to get the evidence needed to charge BJC even if they’re sure he did it - how many times has he relocated in the years since? He’s been in & out of prison and his father’s house, sleeping under bridges, supposedly in a home of his own..... any possessions that might’ve tied him to the crime (a “trophy,” the clothes worn etc) is likely long gone. What could LE even search with the hope of finding something, beyond his recorded online activity & interview any alibi source?
This is what’s so awful about the case being 4 years old instead of 4 weeks or months old.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper