Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be a connection between KAK and BG because why in the world would LE ask for information only 4 months after imposing a media blackout on information regarding potential suspects.

The question now is whether LE can pull it together 5 yrs later. It seems they have enough to suspect, but not to convict, and therefore need real people to come forward as I imagine what can be done online has been done. Sadly after all this time memories have faded, the case is far less in the media, tracks have been covered, physical appearances changed.

Was it new technology that brought this forward or while preparing for KAK's prertrial did someone connect the dots that have been there the whole time?

There was some sort of possible connection only days following the murders, so what did LE hope to accomplish by waiting to ask for information almost 5 years later? I don’t know what I’m more annoyed with - that LE didn’t disclose this possible connection to catfishing at the time or that it took over three years for the kiddy *advertiser censored* charges to be laid for what KAK readily admitted he was involved in. LE knew when KAK’s trial occurred the media would notice the 2017 search warrant was connected to the Delphi investigation. This is about saving face IMO, I think far too much time has passed for LE to expect this case to be solved by a sudden memory occurring. Any information important enough to be tipped, already has been. JMO

Last edited:

Oh wow. WTH?

I have so many more questions now.

This part from the article is blowing my mind as one can interpret what they are saying in so many ways!

"Like so many other pieces of this investigation, we will always review, learn from, and make any necessary adjustments. We do not believe that any person has done anything intentionally wrong, but we will continue to critically evaluate our efforts.

We know there is enormous interest in the “WHY” of everything we do, but we cannot and will not speculate. One day you will have the opportunity to see and know what we do, and we look forward to that day."

That quote above reminds me of one of Jack Nicholson's lines from the movie 'A Few Good Men'.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!"

I really, really hope this doesn't mean that someone in LE unintentionally let something big slip through the cracks.

I had a whole lot of faith in the upwards of two dozen different agencies that have worked on this case that they were all checking each others work to make sure that nothing was missed!

Taking deep breaths right now.

JMO

KAK was formally charged on 8/19/2020, with charges dating between 5/2016 and 5/2020. The worst (F4) charges were all dated 2/17/2017.

One year and four months later, ISP puts out an anthony_shots ask, only 10 days before KK's scheduled pretrial conference. LE had to know the media would be all over KK when he's linked directly to anthony_shots via the affidavit. Is 10 days really a justifiable amount of time to gather evidence for the pretrial conference?

I don't think so. They could have done this ask over a year ago. LE gave L and A's families a heads up before the ask, the ask was done at 9-something pm, and they gave a couple days advanced notice about today's release.

There are just too many coincidences here for me to totally buy that KK and/or anthony_shots has nothing to do with L and A. I don't think KK is BG, though. But I'm hopeful the trail to BG runs right through KK.

I also think he plays some kind of role. Right after the murders he goes to Vegas with his dad. He created a fictional work history and jobs that place him in Vegas before the murders. I really think he is hiding something.

Oh wow. WTH?

I have so many more questions now.

This part from the article is blowing my mind as one can interpret what they are saying in so many ways!

"Like so many other pieces of this investigation, we will always review, learn from, and make any necessary adjustments. We do not believe that any person has done anything intentionally wrong, but we will continue to critically evaluate our efforts.

We know there is enormous interest in the “WHY” of everything we do, but we cannot and will not speculate. One day you will have the opportunity to see and know what we do, and we look forward to that day."

That quote above reminds me of one of Jack Nicholson's lines from the movie 'A Few Good Men'.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!"

I really, really hope this doesn't mean that someone in LE unintentionally let something big slip through the cracks.

I had a whole lot of faith in the upwards of two dozen different agencies that have worked on this case that they were all checking each others work to make sure that nothing was missed!

Taking deep breaths right now.

JMO
But surely the more important thing is that 'you want to know what we know and you will' mirrors Carter's words to the killer. I actually feel the best I every have about this case after the above. It is always possible that LE in the case feel some caution and maybe even disdain for the media. I think they have it solved well I know we all hope so!

We can't let being repulsed by K. cause us to ignore possible strategies by LE. It is not uncommon for LE to lay off charging someone if they are looking at something bigger no pun intended. Everything fits with LE having a good idea of what was involved in the crime very early on but either or both not being able to lay charges that would stick or wanting to solve a larger crime. So if as some have suggested K. is not the killer but various people used the catfish ID and they at least if not K. were technically sophisticated it really could take some this much time.

Also for all we know KAK confessed to some knowledge of the crime or even being the perpetrator but something about his information seemed incorrect. Something like 50 people confessed to being one of Yogurt Shop crime killers and in the case of a missing girl Nicole Morin 8 people have come forward saying they are her.

Last edited:
One theory that I have regarding the killer being alerted to the girls presence on the bridge that day:

KAK listed (at some point) that he was the owner of Kline Photography. It could be that under the guise of Anthony Shots, he told one of them that one of his favorite spots to take photos was the Monon High Bridge and that he planned to be there at some point that day.

We all know that it has been said that the girls had no plans to go to the bridge that day, that they had planned a Mall trip that was apparently pushed back to late afternoon or early evening. They were bored with the hours that lay in between.

Maybe one of the girls recalled the fact that the Shots profile told them he would likely be there and they thought "Maybe we will actually see him out there and get the chance to meet him."

Whoever it was that killed the girls that day COULD have offered this scenario to several different girls HOPING that they would "bite" and show up. I remember one individual stating that they saw who they thought BG was and said hello, but that he just glared at her. It made her feel creeped out. I do believe she was with a group of others, and that could be what saved her. (all just speculation).

Anyhow- if he was there- and this is what occurred- that photo of Abby on the bridge that uploaded to Snap Chat is all he would have needed to understand EXACTLY where they were. It fell into place, just as he had hoped.

This all just my opinion and speculation , and one of several things that I believe could have happened.

MOO JMO AMOO
I often disagree with your opinions but this one is right on the money. Throwing out a wide net is exactly how one reels them in. In this scenario, someone other than "Shots" could even approach girls - "Are you guys followers of Anthony's? He's doing a photo shoot right down here." "Down the hill, Guys"

Since KAK has been behind bars for over a year, what do you feel they were looking for at the house a few weeks ago?

More electronics related to his current case?
Something that could somehow be associated with the Delphi case?

I find it interesting they were back there a few weeks ago….

Since KAK has been behind bars for over a year, what do you feel they were looking for at the house a few weeks ago?

Me too. Although I have no clue what they would be looking for. Electronics wouldn't surprise me though..

well, anything that he was doing or was "in charge of," presumably had to be done now by some one else in his stead...

... the LEO who wrote the affidavit stated that KAK admitted to using fake social media accounts to speak to underage girls and admitted that he had "photos and videos" of underage girls on his phones. And they didn't just...arrest him? ...
My own guess has been that they agreed to postpone arrest--with strict monitoring--to get KAK's cooperation on some other issue: L&A, or the CP users he knew, or something.

If the gap between questioning and arrest was anything else, then it certainly looks like gross incompetence, to me. And if any other young people were victimized during that period, change 'gross incompetence' to 'criminal dereliction of duty.' MOO, of course. I'm still expecting to hear that there WAS some reasonable excuse for it, and that KAK WAS under strict observance the whole time.

I think it possible they are looking at someone else's electronics who uses the ip address. I say someone else because I do not think we can mention any other names yet. For them to get another warrant I would think they needed some evidence that more crimes were still occuring at the address. Jmo

My own guess has been that they agreed to postpone arrest--with strict monitoring--to get KAK's cooperation on some other issue: L&A, or the CP users he knew, or something.

If the gap between questioning and arrest was anything else, then it certainly looks like gross incompetence, to me. And if any other young people were victimized during that period, change 'gross incompetence' to 'criminal dereliction of duty.' MOO, of course. I'm still expecting to hear that there WAS some reasonable excuse for it, and that KAK WAS under strict observance the whole time.

That's what I assumed at the beginning - that the FBI were investigating a ring and there would be significant related federal charges soon. The FBI and USAO (federal prosecutors) usually put out a press release announcing the arrest/breakup of a ring.

But the ISP statement is very weird. It says "We know there was a gap..." or something without stating that this was an open and ongoing FBI investigation. If they were actively investigating it doesn't seem to me like they'd need to announce that they recognize people are confused about the gap? Then they claim it wasn't "intentional wrongdoing" - which made it seem to me like a mistake? Or negligence?

I will pull and post some recent CSAM prosecutions.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

what was that movie to which they made reference before? I tried to find that again. does it relate to KAK? nothing about him says "religious" or "church-going" to me, IMO but I have not heard from his childhood friends or relatives yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are we sure who lives at that address now?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Jmo but I don't think there are any coded messages in their statement. I think that's directed at the public who rightfully have questions about the investigation, but unfortunately aren't going to get those answers during an ongoing investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member