Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #145

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to quote someone's post who was talking about how searchers wouldn't have known what they stumbled upon. Sorry.

Blood is really hard to see when it's on autumn colored leaves when it's still fresh and red, but almost immediately starts the process of oxidizing and turning a dull brown to nearly black color which makes it even harder to see. Depending on the way the girls were posed, it may have hidden any obvious injuries. Blood on clothing would have been harder to conceal, but we don't know how dressed the girls were or if there was any attempt to hide them or how visible they were initially. If their killer spent time posing, he may have also spent time shuffling around leaves to hide any obvious bloody areas.

RL's comment about the property looking pristine does not surprise me at all. I would assume any and all vegetation that had been contaminated with blood would have been removed as evidence. Not knowing if the blood only belonged to the girls or the killer. The killer may have also cut himself during the murders and they would not want to leave behind anything they could test for DNA.

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been here. Nice to see familiar names and avatars :). After the April 2019 PC, I was so very sure, they would make an arrest within six months. And here we are…..

Just wondering about how the killer accomplished this without a struggle. If he had a gun and a knife, is it plausible that he ”marched” the girls down the hill single file, brandishing his gun? As the girls are walking down, watching their steps, he exchanges the gun for the knife, grabs the girl closest to himself around from the back, around her left arm across her chest grabbing her right arm and then slashing her throat or her carotid artery. I imagine shock would set in very quickly. He drops her, steps forward quickly and grabs the other, same thing :(. Once they were unconscious he moves them closer together for the staging. LE would know this from two significant deposits of blood. Another thought is that he grabbed the first in a similar fashion and covered her mouth to prevent a scream alerting the other? It would all happen SO fast. All MOO.

BG was well covered/dressed and therefore likely no DNA under the nails if the second did put up a struggle.

I really hate thinking about what he did to those girls :(. I just hope there will be an arrest at some point, sooner rather than later and that there is justice for Abby and Libby.
There would be no visible sign of a struggle if they had their hands handcuffed, tied or ziptied behind their backs imho.
But to do that I'd imagine there must have been more than 1 attacker, as the girls would know he'd have to put the gun or knife down to do this so the unrestrained girl could potentially mount an escape or a fightback.
It's just horrific to think what they went through, I'm praying that the perpetrator/s is/are still alive so justice can be served.

The girls were first found to be missing when they didnt meet their ride home from the trails around 3 pm on February 13th. LE were notified about their disappearance around 5:30 pm the same day.

According to the affidavit, RL asked his cousin to lie about accompanying him to an aquarium store in a nearby town, which LE calls an attempt to deceive and provide false information to investigators. The call from RL asking the cousin to lie about their activities on the previous afternoon was placed around 9:20 am on February 14th. The girls' bodies were located by searchers a little after noon on February 14th.
This information make me think that RL saw or heard something after the event that worried him enough to try and obtain an alibi. If he had known LE were going to be investigating his comings and goings, would he have driven his vehicle on 13th Feb when he was disqualified? Possibly, but he was aware that LE would be paying him a visit. Did he see someone he knew entering or leaving the trails from his property and only thought later that they were the person/s that carried out the murders? Could he have been to afraid to admit to police whom he had seen? Maybe jail time was preferable to what would happen to him if he informed LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE