Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! A few thoughts and IMO . FAMILY means all of the family of the girls. Carter wasn’t singling. BG was about to turn, there is definitely more video. There were 2 witnesses and 2 sketches done. If you read the earlier posted article, the artist says there is a new sketch done from each witness.... There is a LOT of catholic/Christian innuendos and Carter was speaking to someone specifically. Thoughts?
Someone in church community. Like attends Wednesday’s and Sundays.

Agreed. It seems like the press conference was FOR the suspect and everyone else that watched were just spectators. Everything released could have been released day 1. I pray this is over soon.
I agree with you. That reference to the movie and book The Shack was a message to the suspect, not the spectators. My impression is that they have received a strong new lead or witness. Maybe they showed someone sketch #2 and they blurted out "Oh that's _____ of course!" I think LE has a suspect in mind and they are shocked that it is an average, respectable person, hiding in plain sight. The press conference was intended to rattle their cage, get them nervous enough to act oddly or turn themself in. JMO

I remember watching a video on YT where a “shack” was shown in the distance. For the life of me I can’t remember who posted it but they were talking about the case. It reminded me of a small dilapidated outbuilding located in the wooded area. I think but I’m not certain that it was talked about here on WS back in the day.

I'm way behind so someone might have already responded.

@margarita25 also asked in the last thread where the little shack or cabin was. I'm attaching pics. The location where the girls were found is not marked in the pic but you can see the cemetery so just visually draw a straight line down to the creek from there. The 'cabin' is marked with a yellow arrow. It's across the creek and around a bend, east of where the girls were found. (Not RL's property.) I obsessed over that shack in the beginning. Small, isolated in the woods, he could've held the girls there and in the wee hours led them to where he killed & covered them in leaves & twigs. It would help explain not finding them right away. It could better explain the 'stuff of nightmares', giving him an hours long window instead of a very narrow one. But LE never showed an interest that we know of, certainly not in the RTV6 helicopter video of when they found the girls. They flew over it but there was no LE presence there. That doesn't mean they didn't check it out later but there's been no MSM mention of it. If that actual shack is not involved it goes back to the book/movie and religious overtones or some connection to BG. IMO.

Attachments

• CabinDistance.jpg
    CabinDistance.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 125
  • CabinCloseUp.jpg
    CabinCloseUp.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 125
So, I'm unaware of it's been mentioned on here or not, but the date the movie The Shack was released coincides with the very same date that the Delphi United Methodist Church had their final movie night.
That's a very specific finding. And I've been lurking quietly and trying to figure this out... Is there a reason I've seen some members being skeptical about this church? Aside from the fact that family attended there?

rsbm.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? What exactly is the new strategy?!
It *could* mean that LE, for whatever reason at the time, discounted the 'witness's' description, perhaps believing it was mistaken, or the wrong person, because it may have looked so different from what LE already knew the perp to look like (based on the phone recording from the victim's own phone).

For over 2 years they've been asking people, 'who is this', when that person, up close and in real-life, may in fact appear much younger, and much more similar to the actual eye witness description.. or the guy may have been somehow disguising himself. So now they're throwing that eye-witness description out to the public to see what comes from it.

Also, they seemed to have been focusing on a transient, but for whatever reason known only to LE, they now realize this perp must be close. I get the impression that the perp has contacted LE somehow, sometime, throughout the course of this investigation, and seemed keen to find out what they 'knew'. They were speaking directly to him when they said: 'you want to know what we know. And one day you will'.

Perhaps it's that old 'tunnel vision' again, which seems (imho) to be rampant amongst detectives everywhere nowadays, where they have a hunch or a clue, and they seek out evidence to correspond to their gut, rather than seeking out evidence period, and seeing where it might lead them. jmo.

I am going back to news articles from early on, one of which was when DN was a suspect. It seems as though there were at least two witnesses from the articles I have linked below this one, but that seems to contradict what was stated yesterday. It could just be lousy reporting....but I can't stop thinking about the major changes in the sketch. The reddish brown hair seems to be the only consistent detail.
Police release new sketch in Delphi murders of two girls | Daily Mail Online.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls,' he said.

New details emerge about person of interest in Delphi murders
"Investigators say a witness claims he saw a suspicious-looking man on the trail the same day Abby and Libby were killed. Police produced a composite sketch of the man they believe murdered the girls. The witness was so close he reportedly says he could even see the color of the suspect's eyes."

If the male witness in this article was that flipping close to state the color of the suspect's eyes, then how does the suspect go from having facial hair to no facial hair in the sketch released yesterday?

ISP releases sketch of man accused of killing Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

"Police say they hope the sketch will help clarify some of the pictures that were previously released regarding the investigation and the man on the bridge. Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered."

and further on in the article it says....

"police say the person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a white male between 5’6” to 5’10”, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. The eye color is unknown, but according to one witness, his eyes are not blue. Additionally, this sketch depicts a hat that may not be accurate."
Is anyone else wondering if the first “witness” looks an awful lot like the 2nd sketch?

I’m wondering if a body language expert was watching the audience I think it is likely. If he was there he must have some gall and nerve to stand there with his concerned citizen act taunting law enforcement.

I think they are absolutely going over the photos and footage of yesterday's audience, and researching the names of the people who signed in. I think there is a recent tip on this guy, and some credible information that was developed from that tip. And yes @gregjrichards he has that much gall. Anyone who would murder 2 children in broad daylight is full of gall. Hopefully that is what will be his downfall.

I don’t know how they can be so sure the suspect’s eyes are not blue. I don’t think a witness got close enough to see eye color and if they know because of DNA it seems like they would be able to say brown or green eyes.

I agree completely. . I also believe he is connected to a church.
At the very least it seems LE thinks he has a conscience, and was appealing to that by using the shack movie reference. Seriously though, I wonder how many killers have even heard of that movie. I'd guess very few have. Things that make you go...hmmm.

Considering LE is around crime scenes, would it be reasonable to think their DNA is kept on file?

Good thought. How easy would it be to exclude themselves if they were, say, one of the first on the scene? Could make sure to touch the body in some fashion and could be ruled out because they were a responder?

I don’t know how it works in the real world... but it seems possible?

New details emerge about person of interest in Delphi murders
"Investigators say a witness claims he saw a suspicious-looking man on the trail the same day Abby and Libby were killed. Police produced a composite sketch of the man they believe murdered the girls. The witness was so close he reportedly says he could even see the color of the suspect's eyes."

If the male witness in this article was that flipping close to state the color of the suspect's eyes, then how does the suspect go from having facial hair to no facial hair in the sketch released yesterday?

Perhaps the original witness looks exactly like this "new" sketch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme