Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the "new" sketch is not "new" at all... it was drawn on Feb 17, 2017. So says the sketch artist in this article:

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

snip

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.
So is this why ISP said, "we have just begun"? I'm confused as to why the other sketch is released and LE has everyone jumping down rabbit holes.

People who don’t use the term “guys”, what do you say? — It’s an odd thing to fixate on, as far as the information new to us today. The alternative terms do sound more old fashioned in comparison and based on that, it makes sense when establishing an age range for the person who killed these girls.

Good point about that small of a town, and no one recognizes him? Particularly since LE states they think he is a resident, altho he could be living elsewhere and come back to "visit". I'm thinking by saying he may appear younger means "babyfaced", which some men are. They're 40 and still look 25.
I too, am stymied over holding on to this sketch for 2 years. Reminds me of the case where a woman was kidnapped from a gas station/convenience shop and it was caught on camera. LE put out that it was a guy in his late teens or 20's wearing a sweatshirt/jogging and spent a LOT of time looking for a man like that when in reality it was an older guy40-50 wearing a baseball jersey (Which I could see the first time I saw tape!)
The look at his mannerisms was strange because there are NO mannerisms to look at with a 1 second clip (hands in pockets?) that's a mannerism? I am really failing to see why a longer clip of him walking wasn't released.
Agree ... unless it’s simply walking looking down with hands in pocket?

A few thoughts. All very much MOO.

Agree with all of you that stated this press conference was calculated and targeted directly at the killer.

Carter looked genuinely agitated and emotional. Could be a ruse but it seemed genuine. I believe they have uncovered new information that is making them look at someone they had previously dismissed or at least moved to the bottom of the pile. This person is either a respected person associated with the community or close to one of the families or law enforcement. To me it was almost as if Carter knew the suspected killer personally and was still in shock and disbelief. Could also explain the supposed angry/tearful reaction from close family.

As to why this new old sketch wasn’t released earlier, two thoughts 1) maybe the person had a reason to be at the trail and had a valid alibi that said he was with them during the important window of events, 2) maybe they’re just learning that BG was wearing a disguise, bulky clothes, hat to hide distinct hair, and most importantly facial hair. I don’t think a facial disguise is highly likely, just trying to make sense of it all.

One thing that stood out to me was referring to a change in direction/tactic (sorry, don’t have exact quote at the moment) and how the killer wouldn’t be expecting this new tactic. Is the new tactic dusting off an old sketch that was originally ruled out? Are they expecting a family member who provided an alibi to feel guilt and turn them in (or at least admit they weren’t with them during that time)? Edited to add: maybe the anger displayed at the press conference wasn’t so much with the killer (stick with me) but at the person who has been covering for the killer. What if that person is respected or close to family and all this time they were covering because they were in denial. So many new questions.
Your number 1 is what I think as well. I think the first sketch was somehow based off the video and because the other sketch was someone known and who had reason to be there, it was discounted.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact they sat on this sketch for 2+ years. This is just bizarre, to me.

The "guys" sounds to me like a male maybe 20-30 years of age or so. Much younger than I thought all along, and yes this takes this weird case in a new direction!

Theory of mine: They built up the suspense over a holiday/religious weekend, where families are getting together and what have you. Then the sketch was released yesterday, so that image might become "hey I saw (fill in the blank) over the weekend, wow that looks like that sketch!".

I'm with Sgt. Carter, I believe the sketch will take BG by surprise.
JMO

I don't think it's bizarre at all. Police had video footage of the killer from the victim's own phone, and they had a witness statement that clearly matched that video. That was very definitely what the perp looked like when he committed the crime.

Police normally only release one sketch. It confuses the public if they release two sketches that look different. Just read on here, how much it has confused people. So they, quite rightly, released the sketch that was like the video..

But now two years have passed and the crime remains unsolved. No one recognized BG from the video or sketch. So, time to rethink. What can they do to try to crack a case that's getting cold. They likely pored over the files with fresh eyes, developed a new strategy to focus on a suspect from Delphi, and release a different but compatible sketch.

Someone in the area knows this person. Probably known to several folks in the area. I feel certain that that is the situation here. Most of us must be thinking that, IMO.
No knowledge makes me say this, but I feel sure that this is the case. He is (was) someone known to them -- an older brother of one of their friends. A friend of the family. A fellow church member. A teacher -- if he is old enuff. A softball coach or umpire. Down the street neighbor. Grocery or retail store employee. School crossing guard. A kid who mowed their lawns. Mail carrier. The son, husband or brother of someone important in that area and is/was reluctant to contact LE. Somebody knows that face and can put a name with it and who will contact LE about him. JMHO.
Soon, let it be soon.

So is this why ISP said, "we have just begun"? I'm confused as to why the other sketch is released and LE has everyone jumping down rabbit holes.
Yes, the feeling I got was that the perp wanted the investigation to go one direction, but now LE was going in another direction. Seems like something you'd say to someone who was somehow close to the investigation, not just standard statement that all perps hope the investigation will lead LE away from them.

Who would be talking to LE about what direction an investigation should go? Clergy? Helpful volunteer? Fellow officer? Who?

jmo

There’s a bit of an in between here.

Perhaps he benefited from that initial sketch, as it didn’t look much like him.

That grainy image of BG, may have also served him well.

If he didn’t live in that town, I think he was very familiar with it.

I think you’re right. Carter alleged that as well.

“For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears, but we have," he said. "We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day you will."...”
Man suspected of murdering teen girls in 2017 has close community ties

Someone in the area knows this person. Probably known to several folks in the area. I feel certain that that is the situation here. Most of us must be thinking that, IMO.
No knowledge makes me say this, but I feel sure that this is the case. He is (was) someone known to them -- an older brother of one of their friends. A friend of the family. A fellow church member. A teacher -- if he is old enuff. A softball coach or umpire. Down the street neighbor. Grocery or retail store employee. School crossing guard. A kid who mowed their lawns. Mail carrier. The son, husband or brother of someone important in that area and is/was reluctant to contact LE. Somebody knows that face and can put a name with it and who will contact LE about him. JMHO.
Soon, let it be soon.
Yes, a brother/uncle/friend of a friend is a possibility. Someone who knew they were going to be there that day and when.

jmo

Yes, the feeling I got was that the perp wanted the investigation to go one direction, but now LE was going in another direction. Seems like something you'd say to someone who was somehow close to the investigation, not just standard statement that all perps hope the investigation will lead LE away from them.

Who would be talking to LE about what direction an investigation should go? Clergy? Helpful volunteer? Fellow officer? Who?

jmo
I don’t think there was some outside influence here, rather, I think it was a natural course of events.

They released an initial sketch, still photo, and audio, and exhausted all their leads there.

The next step would be to re-examine the evidence, and release new information.

Perhaps new evidence came to light that made this decision an easy one.

Now they are narrowing their search closer to home, and fishing with a new composite.

I just can’t shake the feeling that this is someone known well to at least one victim’s family.

Or, possibly to Carter.

He seemed very emotional, like he'd received a bad shock recently. I know Holeman said they had fast-tracked DNA before Christmas, but if I don't recall if we heard the results.

Now, I'm wondering if they have results, and are finalizing their case against a suspect - someone whom they've already interviewed.

From the link below:
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.- On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered.

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

(Above article is dated Febuary 02, 2017).

If anyone has updated info. on the DNA, please post it.

Thanks.

Apologies for banging on about the use of the term us - 'guys, down the hill'.
I can't get my head around a sexual predator using the cross-gender term of 'guys' to his potential female victims. If he's a sexual predator, imo he'd be fixated on the endgame, not being Joe-cool. Imo, he would be much more likely to use a female tag - eg 'girls'.

Sexual predators are not known to cross gender in their preference of victim... unless of course the seduction is not sexually motivated and became more complex as time passed..

I think you're way over thinking/analyzing it. "Guys" is commonly used by many to refer to 2 or more people regardless of gender.

It is very weird with such low pop’, he remains at large. I mentioned on the last thread, eliminate women, children, elderly & non Caucasian male, how many men are left?
Moo
I do think his ID will be a surprise to all of us.
Did I miss he’s “not Caucasian” somewhere?

No, I believe that is something LE is holding close to the vest.

Dear crhedBngr,

They have kept all details to themselves, as you've stated.

I have the greatest respect for every single person who had knowledge of how the girls were killed/found and never once spoke about it outside the law enforcement and medical circles.

This gesture to provide dignity and respect to the young girls and their families by not divulging details is tremendous and greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member