Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was hunting that day, and came across two victims that met his criteria.

Maybe he saw them in the past, or maybe he saw people like them.

His familiarity with the area, and the confidence that law enforcement has that he is from that area, makes the serial killer theory a bit unlikely to me.

I’d expect other previous (similar) killings in that area.

I do think he profiles as a serial killer, but he just hasn’t met the definition yet.
MG, I agree with this. I also have thoughts that there could be a connection to the "Shack" book/movie. They mentioned BG's desire for control, power and how he is a coward. They also brought up how people close to him would feel if they knew what he did. I have never watched the movie, or read the book. I am curious about a possible connection, and if they are indeed baiting him in some way. I thought the author behind the story suffered abuse as a child, and maybe the killers profile alludes to a past of violence. It seemed as if they were intentionally playing on perceived insecurities. IMHO, an individual beginning to act out on deviant impulses, could be triggered or motivated by a movie, event or book. I also wonder if something was left at the scene that was associated with the "Shack" story. Sorry for the scattered posting, but my thoughts are everywhere, and I just want this guy apprehended. MOO

Mystery deepens as officials search for 'key' in girls' murders

Excuse me if it's already been posted, but correlates with what we've been discussing regarding the huge difference in sketches and eyewitness accounts....MOO

"Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett said the new sketch likely came from a new witness -- "someone that's come forward, maybe alleging to have actually seen the guy they're looking for."

"The difficulty in any sort of sketch is that it's difficult obviously for people to remember exactly what somebody else looks like ... it's not uncommon for sketches to not necessarily look like the person you're looking for," Garrett said, which can translate into false leads."

Looking back, I'm not surprised that they believe the perp to be from Delphi. It always struck me as a pretty out-of-the-way place for a passerby or a drifter to hit upon for a crime; a local would know that area better. Especially given the questionable safety of the bridge and the area around it.

Yep. And I think it would appear odd if he didn't go.
I think he was there. jmo

I think given the lack of clear suspect theres nothing strange about him not going. It was an easily smelled trap imo and i doubt he fell for it. A regular pc without a 3 day "please come!!!!!" Canpaign maybe, but i dont think he so over the top as to show up where he knows theyre going to look closely at everyone.

Have any of you studied profiling?
I have not but am curious to know what aspects of a crime would indicate the suspect is likely to insert themself into an investigation and attend a press conference.
Also, that the suspect likely told someone.

I think i can understand why power and religion Play a role here but not the other things i mentioned.

I have. It depends on the motive behind the crime to begin with but studies show that if the killer has a strong connection to the victims or to the area (as in, the area holds a special significance to them) they tend to remain connected to the investigation. Reasons for that vary depending on the degrees of loose screws the killer has but it can also be boiled down to a preservation tactic (i.e. "oh crap, do they know who I am??"). As you expand this to serial killers it also is attributed to their superiority complex and other narcissistic behavior.

Is that what you're looking for?

Could he have taken them to the abandoned building his vehicle was parked at?
But to get their bodies back to where they were found would be SO difficult, I hate to use the word “dead weight” but it’s a real thing, and Libby was a bigger girl (not being mean)

Unless he moved them under cover of darkness? But why not just leave them in the building or Shack or whatever?

Yep. And I think it would appear odd if he didn't go.
I think he was there. jmo
Had he NOT shown up, it likely would have been out of character. I really got the feeling that this person has made it his personal mission to be supportive of the family and of the investigation. So, if he "ducked" this one out.. it would have been a red flag.
JMO

Mystery deepens as officials search for 'key' in girls' murders

Excuse me if it's already been posted, but correlates with what we've been discussing regarding the huge difference in sketches and eyewitness accounts....MOO

"Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett said the new sketch likely came from a new witness -- "someone that's come forward, maybe alleging to have actually seen the guy they're looking for."

"The difficulty in any sort of sketch is that it's difficult obviously for people to remember exactly what somebody else looks like ... it's not uncommon for sketches to not necessarily look like the person you're looking for," Garrett said, which can translate into false leads."

MOO
1. There is new information that supports the 2/17/17 Bryant sketch as the right one.

2. New direction meant a change to looking for someone younger and local.

Carter is def looking to the same side of the room, one being a little more tomhis right than the other. Trying to remember, did he pan the room or no? I’m thinking no

So that's the thing, the object of my obsession. His angle changed a bit, but I think he is looking in close to the exact same area.
These were just two phrases that I made sure to stop on while I was transcribing this morning. I am going to go through it again later where I am just watching where he looks. Then probably again, with no sound.

@MsArk said:
This has probably been addressed but I went back and listened to the PC. He referred to the vehicle being abandoned between the hours of 12 pm - 5 pm, not permanently abandoned. Also, he speaks to the killer for at least half of the PC, which I also find interesting.

Are you sure you aren't mixing up abandoned-building for abandoned-vehicle? The vehicle was said to have been parked there for 5 hours, that does not seem to be abandoned.. but apparently *where* it was parked, was at an abandoned building.

Police Supt Carter definitely cited abandoned and parked vehicle at the presser but others have reported that Carter corrected his misstatement at the presser off camera to abandoned building.

News reports are correctly reporting this as the abandoned welfare building but for those of us that only saw the televised presser, it sure led to much confusion. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member