Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things.

1. Did anyone see the cop at the back of the room in the press conference?
2. If he had a gun, do you think they have looked at gun purchases in and around Delphi to see if any names of suspects may pop up on that
3. Is anyone else looking at the posters in this forum and keeping an eye on suspicious posts...hahaha I am. Surely the POI has to be lurking around to see what is going on in peoples minds...

JMO. #obsessedwiththiscase #crimebuff

In the new photo, besides the hair what ONE or two things stands out as PROMINENT to everyone? What would a witness have made a point to detail about his face? I’m curious to know your thoughts.
LE could probably use the input as to what feature or features stand out. Small details are very important , even if they seem insignificant. Don’t compare photos. Just say what facial detail stands out that someone might have specifically described.

About his walk.

I was a nurse and my husband was a prosthetist (fabricated and fit artificial limbs) and I worked with him in his clinic over 10 years.
BG looks like he could possibly be a below the knee amputee on the right. A B/K prosthesis is usually held on by suction created by the stump fitting into the socket of the prosthesis. If the stump is extremely short, it is held on by a sleeve.
When he steps, the right pant leg has a telltale crease right under the knee. This is created when the lip of the prosthesis, or the top, catches on the material of the pant. It also happens when there is some slippage of the prosthesis. A lot of amputees wear baggier pants "cover" the prosthesis but this can lead to that crease.
When he picks up his left foot to take a step, you can see the sole of his shoe in the toe area because that's how most of us walk...heel to toe, meaning on the up step, our ankle flexes up to bring the toes up and to allow us to "land" on our heel first. He does that perfectly on the left.
When he raises his right leg, he raises it a bit higher and straight up, the sole of the shoe in the toe area cannot be seen at all, even as he brings it down. That's because their is no ankle flexion at that time. He brings it straight down. Not heel first, his whole foot comes down at the same time.
It's very subtle, and most people have no idea someone is a below the knee amputee but I caught that right away.
Number 1 reason people lose a limb is diabetes/circulation problems. Then trauma...motorcycle, car, tractor, lawn mower, industrial, etc. accidents. We of course have many vets with amputated limbs also.
A prosthetist usually takes care of the same person for life unless they move. It's very personal, and patients are extremely loyal to their prosthetists. If they sent the new sketch to every clinic in the nation, and he IS a below the knee amputee, his prosthetist would recognize him.
I sent my thoughts regarding the above to the tip email address of the state police.

I think this is exactly why Carter asked everyone to look at the mannerisms in the latest video released.
Great post.

Delphi Indiana Murders Update 2019: Indiana police get 1,000 tips in 1 day after releasing new sketch of girls' killer

Kelsi German, Libby's sister, remembered Libby as a fun, outgoing person who loved playing sports and was interested in photography. She said she last saw Libby and Abby when she dropped them off on the hiking trails two years ago.

"They got out of my car. I made sure they both had sweatshirts and told them goodbye. I told Libby I loved her," German told HLN in February. "They walked out, and that was the last time I saw them."

delp003_large.jpg

Is there a map that shows the location the girls were dropped off, the bridge, the area they were found, and the place the car was parked?
upload_2019-4-24_8-43-15.png

Orientation is different, but I believe these two maps together can give a decent picture of the locations we're working with.

I read in one early article that the girls met by joining a volleyball
team. Many times these school sports have coaches or assistant
coaches who are unpaid or paid a small part-time salary.
I've always been suspicious of male coaches of girls' sports teams.
We've seen our share of hinky activity by these coaches.
I wonder if they've looked closely at school coaches?

Absolutely! I take the “you never thought we’d change focus” comment the same way. Like LE was speaking directly to someone, someone in the inner loop?

Yes. "YOU know the focus we've been taking this whole time. YOU know what we've been concentrating on, and YOU didn't think we'd ever change it." So, WHO knows the most? Someone on the "inside." I do not suspect LE or an LE family member, personally. Maybe someone more on the periphery, involved in some capacity in public safety, public works, town government, etc.

LE could probably use the input as to what feature or features stand out. Small details are very important , even if they seem insignificant. Don’t compare photos. Just say what facial detail stands out that someone might have specifically described.

Chin.

1 p.m. A family member drops off the girls at a trail near Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge over Deer Creek.

2:07- Liberty German posted a snapchat photo of Williams crossing the Monon High Bridge.

3:15 pm- girls were meant to meet at the pick up

5:30 p.m. The girls are reported missing.

On Dr. Phil the Pattys talk about the timeframe of the murders and how they think they took place between something like 2:30-3pm. I don't remember the exact time period, but it's a REALLY tight one. Maybe someone can help me out on that?

TIMELINE | Disappearance and deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi

‘Hiding in Plain Sight’: Police Release New Audio, Video Evidence in Delphi Murders of Two Teen Girls

That definitely fits with the additional clue of the car parked between 12-5. I'm betting any timestamps of BG on her phone are around that 2:07 PM mark.

It could be one of those double layered windbreakers that button into rain jackets, the second layer could be the windbreaker and the top with the hood is the raincoat. Columbia is the only brand off the top of my head that makes them.

Someone way back thought he might be wearing the jacket inside out and that's why the buttons looks so odd. This would place outer pockets on the inside. He sure seems to be lugging a lot of stuff under that jacket, so if it were inside out the pockets could be stuffed but contents not visible to observers.

Someone way back thought he might be wearing the jacket inside out and that's why the buttons looks so odd. This would place outer pockets on the inside. He sure seems to be lugging a lot of stuff under that jacket, so if it were inside out the pockets could be stuffed but contents not visible to observers.
This could also allow him to turn it the right way to conceal any blood afterwards. Good thought.

I read in one early article that the girls met by joining a volleyball
team. Many times these school sports have coaches or assistant
coaches who are unpaid or paid a small part-time salary.
I've always been suspicious of male coaches of girls' sports teams.
We've seen our share of hinky activity by these coaches.
I wonder if they've looked closely at school coaches?

I'm sure they have looked at almost every male in Delphi by this point.

I am thinking he lives in one of the outskirt towns and works nearby at the many many rural businesses, maybe a machine shop or possibly somewhere more cleanly, he looks well kept.

I like your reference to a machine shop. Plenty of people can hide in plain sight. A butcher at the grocery, the oil change attendant. You see this people on a fairly consistent basis, so they tend to "blend in" to their surroundings. The type of people when you see them elsewhere you get a feeling of deja vu but cant place them outside of work attire.

What would bring you to this town? Would you stay in a hotel if you are from out of town, or would this person stay with family or friends? I listened to the recording and I am originally from PA. We use the slang "guys" for male or female. He also says "down" like we do. He has a bit of that accent, but IN dialect is similar. I had a MIL that was from IN. He appears to be in or around 25 - 30 in the new drawing, but he dresses like an old man or someone who doesn't care what he puts on. In Google Earth you can turn back the clock, there are images for April 11, 2017. IDK if that helps, but sometimes there is some small thing you can pick out that is different or out of place. I do know it is 2 months after, but you never know what you will see.

Brainstorming reasons why Libby was taking video:
  1. She knew the guy was up to no good and she was going to make sure if he killed them, he’d get busted (I think this is the theory many of us have been working under).
  2. He was just a weirdo and she thought she might capture something Snapchat-worthy.
  3. She vaguely knew him and his being there seemed noteworthy... “hey guess who we saw hiking yesterday... the Spanish teacher!” (who is usually in a wheelchair around school or something). Could also work with a family member or friend who she knew should be at work or the like.
Feeling just meh about 2 and 3, but just brainstorming. Any other thoughts?

1 and 2. I've read there was mention between them of the weird guy, or creepy guy. I can't remember the exact word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back