Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought. If you look closely at the video, it looks like at one point it is held up to his mouth and he speaks into it. I was thinking a two way radio, or mini walkie talkie. If you google them om Amazon, you will see they can be carried with a lanyard and earphone. Could explain the cord like things around his neck. So he could have been using these to avoid a phone ping. The other end could be a driver or a lookout.
Or part of his “official” costume. If he approached them and appeared to be talking into an earpiece and then says- Hey Guys - we need you to leave the bridge - there’s been an incident down the bill. “. Brings out a badge etc.

Anyone else think the white thing could be the tubing from a hydration vest and the black is part of the mouthpiece?
Maybe. The white looks fatter than tubing sort of. And I think it is part of something more in the jacket. I always thought it was a t-shirt printed with white, a skull maybe, but its in front of part of his face.

Wow. Do you think it was set up to get employees some experience? Otherwise, what an idiot.
No. I think it was just a sick person who thought it would be funny. I am a LONG way from 18 and whenever I think or talk about it I can still feel that pit in my stomach.

I wonder too if they were just filming/taking photos of each other and BG entered the video because he was crossing the bridge. She may have initially kept filming and he just happened to be in there, but maybe then he started talking to them, and she figures, "This guy is kind of weird/creepy" so she continues filming more surreptitiously and then he he forces them to go with him. At that time, perhaps she slid the phone into a pocket to at least keep audio recording going. I guess all along I was assuming the video started BECAUSE he was creeping them out, but maybe the video was already going just to post something on Snapchat or whatnot and BG entered an otherwise innocent video and started being weird, so the film continued. Just some thoughts....

They have something. There’s no way they are throwing darts hoping something sticks.
jmo

Thank you!! I know we all want this case solved, but I don’t think any of us will be the ones to solve it. Yes, it’s interesting to discuss/speculate, but there are professionals on this case for a reason. I don’t think you have that many QUALIFIED PEOPLE and just randomly they come up with someone. They don’t owe the public ANY information, rather it is their job to keep everyone safe.

Listen to what they’re NOT saying...They’re not telling everyone in town to be terrified that there’s a killer on the loose and everyone is at risk. They’re asking for tips/info, because IMO they need the final puzzle piece to nail this creep. If they truly thought the public was at risk, they would let them know IMO.

I get frustrated with people bashing the investigators, because we don’t even know 0.01% of what they do. Of course, there are some crooked cops, but I truly believe they want justice just as much as anyone else.

I feel like I’m repeating everything I’ve said in the MB case as well...but, it’s true. I’m all for speculating and looking into things (nosey by nature ,) but I don’t think it’s right to question these investigators.

Justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives!

ALL JMO, so don’t attack me. Ha!

Edited for spelling

WHEW. I managed to make it through 69 pages and feel so caught up lol.
I know many have commented on the presser, how much was scripted, directed at BG, etc...
Something that has been sticking with me since Monday is how assertive and definitive the language used was.
What was missing was 'alleged', 'supposed', 'potential', 'suspected', etc.
Instead he used language that was so deliberately positive: he IS a local, others HAVE noticed changes since the killing, and (the most amazing to me, as it sets it apart from so many other pressers) he IS the murderer.
As others have said, I'm sure that's due to the influence and expert guidance of profilers & forensic psych professionals, but WOW I thought it so effective.
Though there was a huge side step with the sketch, and though there was no major developments released, the hard-hitting language and clear emotion made me feel, as many others here have said, that they were getting closer to squarely hitting their mark with the perpetrator, leaving little doubt that it was just a matter of time, and getting their ducks in a row.
The references to the positioning of the girls, the 'Shack' movie (I don't believe there was ANY ad-lib or otherwise non-deliberate things said, he used his script throughout, even when speaking from the heart), and his careful language was fascinating and IMHO impressively powerful.
Here's hoping we have nicely lined up ducks VERY soon.

The police are almost completely dependent on the public. They say so often. Cases are broken by people telling them things which they
follow up on.

Yes
the old Delphi DA Robert Ives.
He is sworn back in to the DA's office this month, but as a team member. His successor DA swore him in.
Delphi DA Nicolas McLeland.
They depend on the public to provide them with evidence but not to solve the case for them. That's what I meant when I said they have the tools and the knowledge to do so, as well as the experience.
If they relied completely on the public to solve the case for them it would probably be a mess. They have stated that rumors and speculation on SM can actually harm an investigation. Jmo

Thank you for these enhancements.
I know everyone is focused on the new face, I am staring at the movement and outline of the right side of his jacket to include the pocket.
IMO
Left hand appears to be placed firmly in his left jean pocket
He looks heavier in the video because his jacket is stuffed with unknown items. His right hand and arm appear to be holding/shifting these things into place.
Glad to do it! Yea his right arm is at a weird kinda fidgeting angle, he could have possibly had a weapon, drugs, components to a kill kit such as ligature tools. It could also be a subconscious attempt to bring his limbs closer to him while not looking as weird. When people are nervous, anxious or scared they try to essentially go into the fetal position often times, or purse their lips to essentially do the same thing, in any case he is very tense looking.

I wonder too if they were just filming/taking photos of each other and BG entered the video because he was crossing the bridge. She may have initially kept filming and he just happened to be in there, but maybe then he started talking to them, and she figures, "This guy is kind of weird/creepy" so she continues filming more surreptitiously and then he he forces them to go with him. At that time, perhaps she slid the phone into a pocket to at least keep audio recording going. I guess all along I was assuming the video started BECAUSE he was creeping them out, but maybe the video was already going just to post something on Snapchat or whatnot and BG entered an otherwise innocent video and started being weird, so the film continued. Just some thoughts....

On Snapchat, the video is only 1 min long (if even that.) You have to post it and then start recording again to have it longer length. Props to that sweet girl for following her gut and continuing to record, and probably on her actual camera app and not Snapchat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member