Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Superintendent Carter’s emotion was fake then I strongly suggest he leave the force and become a Hollywood actor as there is an Academy Award waiting for him.
True! I think he is very emotional about this whole thing and if he had been instructed to not show emotion he wouldn't have, as difficult as it might be. I wonder if, with his emotions, a profiler suggested to go ahead and show it at certain times, to affect the killer or the one(s) who know who he is.

I think he meant to throw people off, for his true appearance. I suspect it's not the first time.
Ive freeze framed his walking video and used my equipment and enhanced picture the man in picture is young 18-28, 30 at oldest, he has no facial hair, has chubby cheeks and almost looks like a baby face who cant grow a beard yet, hes wearing a brown hoodie under the blue coat and the hood part is bunched up in back and gives an impression of a hat or long hair, he has neither,his pants are cuffed at bottoms like younger hipster kids wear and he has an outline of a handgun in his right front coat pocket. If this is the guy he is very young too the point you wouldnt suspect him.

Here is something that is bothering me and I’d love to hear others thoughts on this.

Isn’t there a consensus that BG, in the images of him captured on Libby’s phone has a mustache, maybe even a goatee? Whatever the case is he certainly has facial hair in those images/video, you can tell from the color changes on his face despite the relatively poor phone quality.

But if that’s the case, then why does the newly released sketch, which In fact isn’t new at all but rather created just 3 days after the murders, depict a man with any facial hair? Wasn’t the sketch drafted from an eye witness? Facial hair is the easiest thing to remember on someone you see, why isn’t it depicted on the sketch

I think its perfectly reasonable, but no matter the state of her phone; the cell phone would have logs. If he had a burner phone, they could at least trace the sale of it, if not pull up video.
Burner phones are difficult to trace. The Kyron Horman case is a good example of that. Depending on what type of software is being used, it's almost impossible to trace. Tiger text is an example, but there are many many. Kids know all the tricks. They are expert at subterfuge to their own detriment.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Here is something that is bothering me and I’d love to hear others thoughts on this.

Isn’t there a consensus that BG, in the images of him captured on Libby’s phone has a mustache, maybe even a goatee? Whatever the case is he certainly has facial hair in those images/video, you can tell from the color changes on his face despite the relatively poor phone quality.

But if that’s the case, then why does the newly released sketch, which In fact isn’t new at all but rather created just 3 days after the murders, depict a man with any facial hair? Wasn’t the sketch drafted from an eye witness? Facial hair is the easiest thing to remember on someone you see, why isn’t it depicted on the sketch

Yeah, that bothers me too. Although it's such a grainy image it is really difficult to tell.

Ive freeze framed his walking video and used my equipment and enhanced picture the man in picture is young 18-28, 30 at oldest, he has no facial hair, has chubby cheeks and almost looks like a baby face who cant grow a beard yet, hes wearing a brown hoodie under the blue coat and the hood part is bunched up in back and gives an impression of a hat or long hair, he has neither,his pants are cuffed at bottoms like younger hipster kids wear and he has an outline of a handgun in his right front coat pocket. If this is the guy he is very young too the point you wouldnt suspect him.
If you can see all that with your enhanced photo, I recommend you send it to Law Enforcement immediately

What I note is his clothing. Does anyone between the ages of 18-40 dress like that? His clothing is part of what really made me think he's older. Plus the body language, voice clip, and middle-aged paunch. Can anyone local tell me how younger people tend to look and dress there? .

I thought @Ccwelsh87 made some good points up-thread about BG-- right down to the possible overbearing mother.

His mom may be responsible for his wardrobe (a la CW pre marriage).

I think they are two different people. A duo. Maybe father and son.
I know law enforcement has NOT suggested this, but this is all I can come up with to explain what I am seeing.

Amateur, amateur opinion and speculation

I'm sure SUP Carter's emotions were real.
After all, he just had to tell everyone that they wasted everyone's time for over 2 years looking for the wrong person.

And now they are starting from square one. No wonder some of the family walked out before the pressur.

BBM
Some start young actually...18 to 30 wouldn't be uncommon.
I expect to find out if he's around 18 or so he will also have a juvenile record and a history of animal abuse, maybe some child molestation charges, etc.

BBM
I expect to find out if he's around 18 or so he will also have a juvenile record and a history of animal abuse, maybe some child molestation charges, etc.

All along I've thought, "what if we didn't have a photo/sketch/audio"....what would my theory be? Always a young person.

However. LE has information we do not. They have seen the whole video, listened to the whole audio. Even if the sketch was wrong, they had to have reason to suspect him as being 40 and up....right??

Don’t know how much weight we want to give to information provided by RL, but he lived there all his life and described a terrain that would have been very difficult to navigate from the north end of the bridge. That alone may have lead to crossing the creek.

I’ve been a lurker for a while, hopefully I can find time to stick around.

No offense, but I’m really confused by people being confused.

The first sketch is not the killer, the person doesn’t exist. That should be obvious by now. It’s possible LE was mislead imo.

BG is the killer, look at all the stuff in his coat? His jacket is bulging out. It’s obvious he is not overweight. What’s all the stuff in his coat?

This may sound cold, but I don’t think the killer was recorded intentionally on the video. If he was, the image would have been crystal clear. I think one of the girls was being recorded and BG just happened to be in the background, way in the background. You cannot make any facial features on him. How can anyone say BG looks like the first sketch when nobody can see a face? You can only see what looks like a face, nothing more.

I think the reason LE thinks BG is the killer is because I’m sure they tracked the distance on the video and the time he approached the girls, and asked them to go downhill. I’m not convinced they got that from the phone though, I think they got whatever they got from the cloud. The girls must have hid the phone as they went downhill and kept recording. I think he found the phone and destroyed it, but not before the video made it to the cloud.

I kind of agree that it seems BG has a prosthetic right leg, he brings the whole leg down in one swoop and then he lifts the right leg higher than he should. I never noticed this, but watch and pay close attention. He seems to be turning towards the girls, but his right leg almost looks fake.

I read some comments about him being in authoritative role in the community, I disagree. I think the opposite, he may come from a somewhat well off family, but is likely holding menial jobs and is told what to do. He may be religious as many have pointed out and may even play some key roles. He was probably beaten to pulp by his dad or other kids/bullies when he was growing up.

I think his loss of the leg, what he feels is a powerless status in society, and some other major event that recently happened may have trigger the event. I’m guessing he felt betrayed by god, and the girls represented god to him in some way.

I agree that he definitely planned this crime, the girls just fit into sick fantasy. He was looking for someone weaker that would be naive enough to follow his directions without questioning him. I also read a comment about BG being mentally unstable and psychotic - I disagree. I’ve dealt with people with psychosis my whole life and most aren’t violent at all. Additionally, they would not try to hide what they’ve done. He would have stayed there if he was psychotic. I think he knew damn well what he was doing and made al attempts possible to conceal. He may be a psychopath, but he’s not psychotic.

I do think he wore a custom, wig, etc to appear heavier/.different and conceal his identity. All MOO

Thank you!! I know we all want this case solved, but I don’t think any of us will be the ones to solve it. Yes, it’s interesting to discuss/speculate, but there are professionals on this case for a reason. I don’t think you have that many QUALIFIED PEOPLE and just randomly they come up with someone. They don’t owe the public ANY information, rather it is their job to keep everyone safe.

Listen to what they’re NOT saying...They’re not telling everyone in town to be terrified that there’s a killer on the loose and everyone is at risk. They’re asking for tips/info, because IMO they need the final puzzle piece to nail this creep. If they truly thought the public was at risk, they would let them know IMO.

I get frustrated with people bashing the investigators, because we don’t even know 0.01% of what they do. Of course, there are some crooked cops, but I truly believe they want justice just as much as anyone else.

I feel like I’m repeating everything I’ve said in the MB case as well...but, it’s true. I’m all for speculating and looking into things (nosey by nature ,) but I don’t think it’s right to question these investigators.

Justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives!

ALL JMO, so don’t attack me. Ha!

Edited for spelling

I love you. Thank you! I've been struggling to avoid going off like a rocket and you have saved me. :)

All along I've thought, "what if we didn't have a photo/sketch/audio"....what would my theory be? Always a young person.

However. LE has information we do not. They have seen the whole video, listened to the whole audio. Even if the sketch was wrong, they had to have reason to suspect him as being 40 and up....right??
Originally but not anymore.....18 to 40 now.

BBM
It's very possible. I am in the camp that thinks he is older, but the circumstances of the crime indicate: A: He could be experienced and the crime was rushed because it was opportunity B: He could have been a first time killer regardless of age and was kind of brash and sloppy/got lucky C: It was an attempted abduction that turned violent on his part (no evidence I know of that fought i.e his skin or anything under nails). D: It was a young person committing a random "thrill kill". My personal observations is his body structure even distorted by his layers is much more square and his posture appears to be of someone much older, but that's debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny