Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I doubt this.

A guy who feels compelled to kill in order to fulfill his psychological and sexual urges, isn’t going to expose himself first.

He wouldn’t find that satisfying, and it would be counterproductive.

Those girls would have run away, and not hung around.

He very well could have graduated from this sort of behavior, but I don’t think he did it before a double murder.
A man exposed himself to my friend and I at the mall.
We FROZE! We were in 7th grade. No one else around noticed. We SAT there as instructed and waited on her mom to show up.
This was a LONG time ago, but these girls were not me and my friend, so I can't say how they would react.
Moo

A man exposed himself to my friend and I at the mall.
We FROZE! We were in 7th grade. No one else around noticed. We SAT there as instructed and waited on her mom to show up.
This was a LONG time ago, but these girls were no me and my friend, so I can't say how they would react.
Moo
That aside though, that’s not a common behavior among sexually motivated killers.

That’s why they’re killers, and not just rapists.

It’s not simply about eliminating witnesses, it’s about the satisfaction that killing brings them.

They generally graduate from less serious criminal behavior as they no longer find satisfaction in what they were doing before.

Someone who exposes themselves might move up to rape.

A rapist might move up to murder.

I’ve never heard of someone exposing themselves before a murder though (if it was sexually motivated, as I believe).

As to your point about freezing, I’ve done that myself.

People do shocking things on late night subway trains.

Last edited:

A guy who feels compelled to kill in order to fulfill his psychological and sexual urges, isn’t going to expose himself first.

He very well could have graduated from this sort of behavior, but I don’t think he did it before a double murder.

They say that exhibitionists are pretty harmless, but the truth is, no one really knows.

You assume that he was waiting for a female prey to kill, I think that he merely wanted to exhibit himself, but could have noticed the girls taking a video, and that made him angry, so he removed the witnesses.

His gait is odd, but I don’t think there is a problem with his legs. (Could be, of course, neuropathy or other things could have caused it. Why do I think he is not healthy?).
But exhibitionist-like behavior could create this peculiarity, too. I am not insisting, just an idea.

Yup. Parabon said that Vanessa Marcotte’s killer was about 30.

He was 31.

That was the first time I knew that sort of thing was even possible. It’s also why I don’t think they have a quality sample here (it doesn’t appear they have done this).

There’s a large age gap here, as they say he’s likely in his 20’s or 30’s.
I suspect that you have to be "average" for it to work. There are probably outliers. (speculation)

My old thoughts were he had been in prison before on exposure charges, arrested for violent acts etc... and was an exhibitionist who got his jollies off walking past young girls on a bridge in a large open area. He knew it would lead to more prison time once he noticed Libby taking pictures of him. A person with a temper.

Now, I'm at a loss.

They say that exhibitionists are pretty harmless, but the truth is, no one really knows.

You assume that he was waiting for a female prey to kill, I think that he merely wanted to exhibit himself, but could have noticed the girls taking a video, and that made him angry, so he removed the witnesses.

His gait is odd, but I don’t think there is a problem with his legs. (Could be, of course, neuropathy or other things could have caused it. Why do I think he is not healthy?).
But exhibitionist-like behavior could create this peculiarity, too. I am not insisting, just an idea.
Harmless if no one sees it, but it portends more dangerous behavior.

I do think he was on the prowl for a victim that day, and he wasn’t specifically looking for those two girls.

He may have not even been looking for that age group.

I think he saw an opportunity and took it, lucking out with two vulnerable victims, and a fortunate escape.

I’m not so sure about the walk. I think he could have been drinking.

Lots of disorganized killers use booze as a crutch.

Unaltered frame by frames and some enhancements:
Unaltered frame by frame zoomed

The first/dark one is to show what is him and what is background. also to counter the sunlight on his face.
does it seem weird to anyone that he is never looking up or outward? he seems to have his head down- not even looking at A and L.

My old thoughts were he had been in prison before on exposure charges, arrested for violent acts etc... and was an exhibitionist who got his jollies off walking past young girls on a bridge in a large open area. He knew it would lead to more prison time once he noticed Libby taking pictures of him. A person with a temper.

Now, I'm at a loss.
It all depends how you look at it.

If you believe that he killed them because he felt he had to, that’s completely legitimate and plausible.

Personally, I believe that he intended to kill that day, or at the very least, planned on doing a hell of a lot more than exposing himself.

After 2 years of trying to dissect the pics of BG walking on the bridge, I’m as confused now as in the beginning. I’ve always tried to visualize the face itself (versus figuring out what the white thing is, whether he’s got a hat, etc) and just don’t see it being the younger guy. And honestly after the release of the video I don’t see how anybody could really tell gestures, posture, etc. with the tiny amount of footage shown. It would appear LE was also confused if they used the first sketch this long as “the guy” only to change gears totally and replace it with the new and improved BG. That tells me whatever video they really have from the phone isn’t much better than what any of us has seen now.

Tonight’s thought: Sup. Carter said at the PC “we’re just beginning...”. Does anyone else find that odd in light of the fact it’s been over 2 years? I might be overthinking it, but think it makes it sound like they aren’t any closer to resolution than in the beginning.
I believe the team decided to go back to the beginning, perhaps with a fresh set of eyes, because the investigation had stalled.

With a fresh look, and possibly newer technology, they deemed the original sketch based on the video/photo of BG no longer fits the information they have. They now believe BG to be younger.

IMO, cold cases are solved when the team is willing to shift an investigation in a different direction. That, to me, is good police work.

I am trying to think of cases where a wife or girlfriend turned in their partner for suspected murder... I am stumped.

Many women might know but if they’re financially dependent on the man, it’s easier to emotionally cope with it through distancing themselves and denial.

I can’t think of a case either.

IMO either the suspect is single, a total loser, or he’s married and he’s an abuser who’s wife is entirely focused on her own survival, day by day. Or she could be an alcoholic or drug user, he the enabler who keeps her that way. I just have a hard time believing he’s capable of any degree of healthy relationship. If he still lives with his mother, well there’s that possibility too and the proverbial “not my boy”.

Not that it's particularly significant at this point, but the distance from the southeast end of the bridge to the crime scene is far less than a half-mile. (A half-mile farther up the creek would be on the parcel of land adjacent to Mr. Logan's.)

View attachment 181214

Look how wooded it is. He wasn’t hunting in a public place, like a shopping mall, or a parking lot like some types of predators do...

I think one main reason why a local is suspected because you’d have to know about this place, jmo.

BG was bundled up. Temps weren't freezing that day.
Most exhibitionists aren't interested in performing their version of the dance of the 7 veils and wearing layer upon layer of clothing.

That, combined with the fact that he looks to be concealing a plethora of items underneath that jacket he's wearing, items which in all likelihood constituted his murder kit, does not support the theory that his primary aim that day was to expose himself to anyone.

BG is all about concealing himself, not exhibiting himself.
I agree with @MassGuy. I don't think this was about exhibitionism.
It wasn't about BG wanting to expose his genitalia.

I think what BG whipped out and showed those girls was a weapon.
That's what he wanted them to see up on that bridge.
That would make most young girls freeze.
Heck, it would make most grown women freeze.

JMO.

Last edited:
As to your point about freezing, I’ve done that myself.

People do shocking things on late night subway trains.

The first time I encountered such a guy, I froze, too (luckily, I had a great dad who ran after the guy “to kill him” - he would have, had he caught the man. I can’t overemphasize how important it is for the parents to show immediate support of their child). However, afterwards, and I had several such encounters, what I felt was only anger; when there were two of us, we actually ran after the guy, so I can imagine that “shared sisterhood” might cause more active reaction.

What I agree with is that usually these guys are timid, and this one was angry.

It all depends how you look at it.

If you believe that he killed them because he felt he had to, that’s completely legitimate and plausible.

Personally, I believe that he intended to kill that day, or at the very least, planned on doing a hell of a lot more than exposing himself.

Yes, from what I've read, the anger would help provoke it. It was his fix. gah wish I never tried to get in the mind of a creepy murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur