Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a random thought.

I can't remember if it was in reference to the Monon bridge specifically or just sketchy old bridges in general, but I remember in the last couple days someone brought up an "unwritten rule" of letting one person/group at a time cross the bridge. Like, if someone was somewhere in the middle of the bridge and someone else was at the end, the middle person would get off the bridge at the nearest point and let the edge person pass if they wanted to cross.

I don't know anything about rotten old bridge ethics haha but that concept makes perfect rational sense, and I would think that IF that is an understood courtesy thing, then any regular visitors to the bridge would probably be aware of it.

And my understanding is that Abby and Libby were pretty close to one of the ends of the bridge at the time the video was taken, right? (rather than right smack in the middle).

If those things are both true, then why did they not clear off the bridge, when that would be a basic courtesy, when they first saw BG coming?

Hope the new sketch points to the right direction. The thinking is if LE was wrong once, 2 years ago, how trustworthy is this new one? ...

Trustworthy enough for them to upend the case, open themselves to scrutiny, and risk irreversible damage if they are wrong.

They believe in this.

Hope the new sketch points to the right direction. The thinking is if LE was wrong once, 2 years ago, how trustworthy is this new one? ...

What would the alternative be, exactly? The other sketch was shared based on the information they had at the time. Clearly something has caused the change in direction, since it has been done so definitively. Should LE have just continued to let us believe the first sketch was BG and not corrected themselves?

I honestly do not know why people think the police here are untrustworthy simply because the person they are looking for has changed.

My consolidated theory and link to my video/audio enhancements (link to my latest one, can access my channel by watching it via your browser)

The killer was telling the girls that he needed their help down the hill in order
to throw off their threat detection, he wanted to appear vulnerable. " Guys I need your help, my wife is hurt down the hill, my dog is hurt down the hill, my truck needs a push start down the hill, I will give you $50 each"
he threw one of the girls off the a the lower, descending part of the bridge in order
to order to gain control of the other while the she was shocked; most likely in a moment of opportunity.
His hat is a hunting/winter cap with ear flaps or a real tree regular baseball cap. He is wearing carpenter pants, a double layered jacket (one that you can unbutton the second layer). He might have a tapered a mustache, he has Caucasian features and possibly uses chewing tobacco.
He is clean, he might have been on his lunch break, working close by and living in one of the smaller towns of the area. He lives in such a setting and lives his life in such a manner that either his peers are miscreants and don't talk to the police, or he is liked and level headed enough to not throw up any flags. The phone was possibly found in the water and what audio there is was recovered using the FBI or State lab. The Drawings are my own, not LE! I updated my drawings a bit to include the cord on the jacket, layered shirts etc. Feel free to point out my errors, debate me on anything; just keep the ball rolling!
Great summary! I too think he is wearing a hunting hat with ear flaps. Didn't LE say he was wearing a hoodie? I don't see it myself. But if he is wearing one, hoodies seem to be a younger style of dress IMO.

I had a random thought.

I can't remember if it was in reference to the Monon bridge specifically or just sketchy old bridges in general, but I remember in the last couple days someone brought up an "unwritten rule" of letting one person/group at a time cross the bridge. Like, if someone was somewhere in the middle of the bridge and someone else was at the end, the middle person would get off the bridge at the nearest point and let the edge person pass if they wanted to cross.

I don't know anything about rotten old bridge ethics haha but that concept makes perfect rational sense, and I would think that IF that is an understood courtesy thing, then any regular visitors to the bridge would probably be aware of it.

And my understanding is that Abby and Libby were pretty close to one of the ends of the bridge at the time the video was taken, right? (rather than right smack in the middle).

If those things are both true, then why did they not clear off the bridge, when that would be a basic courtesy, when they first saw BG coming?

The video of BG shows them closer to the end of the bridge while he appears to be approaching from behind. Why could they not therefore be doing exactly as you suggest, clearing toward the end of the bridge?

Not sure why this is relevant... what are you thinking?

As far as the 'abandoned' car, is there any information about could the car have been driven away by the perp earlier than 5 or what exactly happened with it?

I did not take 12-5 as a literal concrete time frame....that the car was there the entire time. Just that they were interested in that approximate time of day.

Personally I’m not sure.

My sense is that they have a sample that they can use to exclude suspects, but not something they can send off for advanced testing (Parabon).

If they had a high quality sample, I’m convinced they would have done that by now.

I asked earlier if LE believe that BG has reddish brown hair based on witness reports, or if they have recovered hairs.

It’s terrifying to consider that they may have no physical evidence.

I heard that a search party group said that they checked the area they were found at on that night search, they also said they think he brought the bodies back over the creek after the 2am party was called off, i keep hearing they think he used a shack that was on old man logans back forty, i was wondering if this is why the chief made the comment about the shack movie, saying like we now know u took them to that shack and maybe they found something in it.

I think The Shack was mentioned because they found evidence at a shack close by.

I had a random thought.

Because they were young kids who did not know "bridge etiquette" maybe? MOO

What would the alternative be, exactly? The other sketch was shared based on the information they had at the time. Clearly something has caused the change in direction, since it has been done so definitively. Should LE have just continued to let us believe the first sketch was BG and not corrected themselves?

I honestly do not know why people think the police here are untrustworthy simply because the person they are looking for has changed.
Not sure how it should go, but it looked the chief wasn't confidant enough to rule out the 1st sketch. later it was clarified but still .... why not asking the public to keep an eye on BOTH?

I agree I can't stress enough that with the collaboration that has happened in this case, I am positive that neither of those decisions were made on a whim.

They had to have good reason for releasing the sketches in the way they did.

They definitely want to catch this guy and they certainly wern't just throwing a sketch out there on a guess.

What crazy reason would make one think that they just threw together a couple sketches and then flipped a coin on which one to release....

I asked earlier if LE believe that BG has reddish brown hair based on witness reports, or if they have recovered hairs.

It’s terrifying to consider that they may have no physical evidence.
I’m sure that hair color had to have come from witnesses.

I still think they have some DNA, which will help.

Just not as much as it usually has the potential to.

Worst case scenario, they have no DNA. That doesn’t make this a lost cause though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez