Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been discussed a dozen times so apologies but I am confused.

I keep seeing that the first sketch has been ruled out BUT people seem to be linking the reason it has been ruled out to the arrest of CE who has now been discounted as been BG.

I get there are similarities between CE and the first sketch but are people actually saying CE was there that day??

I thought the rumour that CE and BG were the same person came about because of something mentioned on a pod cast or you tube video or something and the rumour has just grown legs?

Is it an actual fact that CE was suspected of been BG because he was in the vicinity that day or have people just run away with this theory because since CE was arrested the 1st sketch has become redundant?

Hope that makes sense and apologies for the dumb question but I'm confused.
This does make sense, and it’s important to clarify this.

We do not know the reason that the first sketch was ruled out, or if it has anything to do with CE.

He was suspected (by the public) of being BG, because people believe he looks like that first (released) sketch, and because of his pattern of deviant behavior involving children.

That’s where the rumors of his involvement came from.

We have no idea if he was there that day, nor do I believe there’s been any word from law enforcement regarding his involvement, one way or another.

We do not know the reason that the first sketch was ruled out, or if it has anything to do with CE.

He was suspected (by the public) of being BG, because people believe he looks like that first (released) sketch, and because of his pattern of deviant behavior involving children.

We have no idea if he was there that day, nor do I believe there’s been any word from law enforcement regarding his involvement, one way or another.
I guess I'm not a very good gossip, I pay so little attention to rumors that I don't even remember who CE is. :oops: I'm guessing he's someone I dismissed as a suspect and pushed to the back of my mind.

Thank you!!

Glad it made sense :D

Unless LE confirm otherwise I'm going to assume it's a rumour that has just grown that some are taking as fact.

Seems highly improbable to me that CE was there that day but it was someone else involved in the murder of the girls ( I know stranger things have happened but that's just MOO).

I think the only thing in this set up that is fact is that CE resembles the first sketch of BG and actually that sketch was probably not accurate to begin with anyway (I have my doubts the second sketch is that accurate also).

That isn’t the problem, nor is it what law enforcement is complaining about.

The problem is well meaning people who have no specific knowledge of any potential suspect, who are calling in pointless tips (investigative strategies, and people they’ve found on Facebook).

Even that’s not as bad as what the larger problem is though, social media harassment of innocent people.

That’s specifically what they are complaining about.

The police actually said to call it in as a tip, rather than harass people on social media. (Maybe there IS a speed reader on the staff?)

I agree as well. I'm 58 and I say it all the time. I call my dogs "guys". It seems any time I have a group of people, animals, etc., I call them guys. I don't think that the use of the word Guys is indicative of age of the killer and I'm not sure why they seem to think that the use of the word Guys means it's a younger person. I don't get that.
Guys is very common for a group of young people, it would be weirdly formal to say girls and kinda normal to say ladies if you were in a formal setting. I have heard people refer to groups as females as guys many times, it's like saying hey people.

Thank you!!

Glad it made sense :D

Unless LE confirm otherwise I'm going to assume it's a rumour that has just grown that some are taking as fact.

Seems highly improbable to me that CE was there that day but it was someone else involved in the murder of the girls ( I know stranger things have happened but that's just MOO).

I think the only thing in this set up that is fact is that CE resembles the first sketch of BG and actually that sketch was probably not accurate to begin with anyway (I have my doubts the second sketch is that accurate also).

I was a little shocked listening to the Best Case, Worst Case podcast this morning where one of the hosts said that the person in the first sketch had been arrested recently and subsequently ruled out as been the killer (right at the very end of the podcast). But the way she said it, she was basically saying that the person recently arrested was in fact the guy in the 1st sketch and a sex offender, but was not responsible for these murders. I had not heard this stated by LE previously or in any MSM articles. Either they have more information than the public is aware of, or it was badly worded and simply echoing the rumours that CE looked like the sketch...or I missed LE confirming this?

I was a little shocked listening to the Best Case, Worst Case podcast this morning where one of the hosts said that the person in the first sketch had been arrested recently and subsequently ruled out as been the killer (right at the very end of the podcast). But the way she said it, she was basically saying that the person recently arrested was in fact the guy in the 1st sketch and a sex offender, but was not responsible for these murders. I had not heard this stated by LE previously or in any MSM articles. Either they have more information than the public is aware of, or it was badly worded and simply echoing the rumours that CE looked like the sketch...or I missed LE confirming this?

LE have definetly not publically confirmed this.

I agree with you the podcast either knew more or got it wrong and misled people.

LE have definetly not publically confirmed this.

I agree with you the podcast either knew more or got it wrong and misled people.

Its a bit disappointing the way she stated it - I have alot of respect for that podcast, but to say it so matter-of-factly, she needs to either correct it ASAP if it was an assumption not based on fact, or clarify where they got this information from. Any little bit of information that could be incorrect right now is not good for LE keeping their key messages and public focus clear and uncluttered with rumours (even though the first sketch isn't a focus anymore).

Maybe helping is by us not overwhelming LE with unnecessary tips and emails, most especially tips telling LE how to do the job they’re trained to do - so when LE does receive a good tip from somebody who knows the murderer, that tip will get quickly noticed?
They actually go thru volumes of tips with several sets of eyes. They sort from the get-go into types of tips and then special investigative teams cover each of those types. I wish I could find the article I read from a published FBI investigator in Kansas. So personally, I see no reason why one of the piles couldn’t be of a technical nature.

I'm sure this has been discussed a dozen times so apologies but I am confused.

I keep seeing that the first sketch has been ruled out BUT people seem to be linking the reason it has been ruled out to the arrest of CE who has now been discounted as been BG.

I get there are similarities between CE and the first sketch but are people actually saying CE was there that day??

I thought the rumour that CE and BG were the same person came about because of something mentioned on a pod cast or you tube video or something and the rumour has just grown legs?

Is it an actual fact that CE was suspected of been BG because he was in the vicinity that day or have people just run away with this theory because since CE was arrested the 1st sketch has become redundant?

Hope that makes sense and apologies for the dumb question but I'm confused.

I have listened to that podcast, and have seen confusion over whether or not old guy sketch was dismissed because that person was arrested and he wasn't BG, but I have not seen it speculated that that person was CE?

Personally, I don't believe what was said in the podcast was even true.

It’s a good point though.

Any of us that think we’re likely to identify the suspect through Internet trawls are truly living a fantasy.

Having said that, I think there are quite a few of us who want to understand and are fascinated by the range of human behavior and the dynamics and pathology that leads to tragedies such as these.

What motivates a human to take away the life of another? How do people end up in such vulnerable situations? What does it say about our communities, our values and morals.

To me, this is what’s interesting.

If there are people who feel schadenfreude at another’s misfortune or intellectual superiority over authorities, I feel sorry for them.

Here is the official released ISP statement which does, in my mind, pretty much say "forget about the first sketch for now, that person has been ruled out as being involved in the murder". Note that the age range specified is now 20s to late 30s.

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches

“Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches
Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 04/24/2019 02:19 PM EDT

LAFAYETTE DISTRICT
5921 State Road 43
West Lafayette, IN 47906

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Kim Riley
Public Information Officer

April 24, 2019

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches
Delphi, Indiana - In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

They are not the same person
The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22nd, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017.

###
RILEY/BURSTEN

State Police section divider