Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This news link from a few pages back quoting Sheriff TL presented the most info I was aware of about the disregarded sketch.

Do you have a link confirming your factual account of FACES software, etc. Thanks in advance.

Also, there's already much info available about Trooper Taylor Bryant -- artist of relevant sketch. I'm surprised investigators identified the artist by name!

UPDATE: Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
Couple of articles crediting the 2017 sketch to the FBI and discusses that it is a composite sketch from various agencies and states the sketch was developed "in part" from witness description. Other articles say the witness assisted with the sketch. One said the FBI artist had begun the sketch a month before and needed this witness to come forward.
Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths

FACES 4.0 - IQ Biometrix - Faces Software
The program they use. It is interesting how they can create composite sketches blending mugshots. Also the facial recognition to create near-photo quality images. And info about their video enhancement and stabilization.

Last edited:
No, the area directly to the left of the support. I will re-draw later for clarity. Suggest you enlarge that area with your fingers on a phone. I have an IPhone XS, but it is clearer on my IPad. Then, if you see something odd as well, look at the original image on a higher res device. I’m seeing something I can’t unsee, so extra eyes would be helpful to eliminate a false pattern possibility. If I say what I am seeing it may prejudice other people’s interpretation as well.

Several attempts attached below. Working off IPhone XS. Will try later on iPad. To be clear, I am using the image from the original link with the iPhone magnifier option. That is all.

Attachments

• CFB88514-E748-4CE3-88F1-9DABEB07E5DF.jpeg
    CFB88514-E748-4CE3-88F1-9DABEB07E5DF.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 56ADDDF4-5B63-4C8E-B98F-3F19E1C4A6EC.jpeg
    56ADDDF4-5B63-4C8E-B98F-3F19E1C4A6EC.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 3377CECD-E39C-49E9-87AF-98917010C49A.jpeg
    3377CECD-E39C-49E9-87AF-98917010C49A.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Hi ocgrad and Misty Waters,
This was not directed at me but I think the ‘retired officers with inside info’ was posted last thread. The discussion concerning the SO being identified and cleared came from the Best Case/Worst Case podcast with Jim Clemente. I believe that is the source. One of our ace posters transcribed the entire podcast and posted it.

I should add I would need to reread it to remember the exact context. So I will simply add ‘this is my opinion only’ or to be honest given my faulty memory this is to the best of my recollection.o_O

Okay, thanks, so this was a rumour that’s been repeated on a podcast?

JMO but that doesn’t make it true.

Am I allowed to link to the James Renner 'Virtually a Detective' series of intvws with MP ,BP ,Sheriff Tobe L, KG etc?

If not can I paraphrase?

Im still really confused about the' couple under the bridge'

You know, I have heard about that off and on here since the early interest, as well as the man in black.

All that to say, some topics take a life of their own, without having a basis in truth.

I don’t know if either will be confirmed as reality, but something to hold in the back of our minds as the investigators work to solve this case. Maybe we look back and loose pieces like that have meaning. Not sure for now, though. No way to be.

I keep wondering about the early search warrant that was served to a property early on.

Is it possible this is the direction the perp left? I don’t believe they searched inside the property - but contents outside(?), meaning the owners would have been unaware/innocent.

Moo using a handgun.

That’s the direction I lean toward as well, just looking at the pocket of BG as he approached the girls on the bridge (from the vid Libby captured). It sure looks like the outline of a handgun under his jacket.

It makes sense that was how he coerced them. The “down the hill” audio makes me think he used the gun and his words to get them to a spot where he felt comfortable.

There is no way for the public to understand the timeline between the audio capture of “down the hill” and the visual on the video, so this is pure speculation and IMO.

Okay guys, it’s time to use the latest technology in the familiar DNA process.

If you had used it last June when it “was on the table” and was being talked about, the killer may be behind bars currently!

Look at the money spent in the last year with the murderer still out there. Add this to your new direction plan!

I see part of a tree. And shadows. At that height, and from that perspective, if that were a person or a vehicle then it would need to be unreasonably tall.
I am on a laptop and I blew that image up and I see something there as well . It isn't a car I am seeing . I usually don't see anything when I blow pics up but I will say I see something eerie.

You know, I have heard about that off and on here since the early interest, as well as the man in black.

All that to say, some topics take a life of their own, without having a basis in truth.

I don’t know if either will be confirmed as reality, but something to hold in the back of our minds as the investigators work to solve this case. Maybe we look back and loose pieces like that have meaning. Not sure for now, though. No way to be.
Thanks Jabarn,

I just think that in one of the short renner episodes (ep2 from @8mims 30s on) in an intvw with BP and MP, BP ,in describing DG's encounter with 'Old Guy' , intones in a way that it was a couple of girls under the bridge and not a Couple! Also , the 'Couple' that the Photography bridge woman reports seeing at the bridge, imo was on ,or on the path around, the Bridge and not under it. Im wondering if all 3 of these are getting mixed up ?

The one I think is most interesting is OG stating to DG that there was a 'couple (of girls ((my words)) ) under the bridge?!

Ive seen link confirming photo woman.
I believe ep2 renner confirms girls under the bridge ( would like someone to agree?!!)
Ive not seen link or reason for 'couple under the bridge'?

Sorry for muddling post. Does it make sense?

All Above is MOO

That is a good question. We know the first sketch came from the FBI. They use a program called FACES, an added feature is extracting facial features from video to create a composite. So was the FBI fooled by the disguise or did they just rely on the software? If the witness who was afraid saw him with his head and face covered they just saw his eyes, so the rest of the sketch had to be guessed at, IMO. But then according to some retired LE officers who claimed to have inside info, the sketch was a SO who was arrested and convicted last year.
While we have confidence to see the FBI step in, they may have been the agency who caused the last 2 years to be offtrack especially considering the ISP officer made the sketch 3 days afterwards without his head and face covered!

Yes!! Again I thought I noticed interesting body language between LE and FBI during the press conference on the second year anniversary. The whole name thing/confusion seemed a bit staged to me. Perhaps there is some tension between agencies.

That’s the direction I lean toward as well, just looking at the pocket of BG as he approached the girls on the bridge (from the vid Libby captured). It sure looks like the outline of a handgun under his jacket.

It makes sense that was how he coerced them. The “down the hill” audio makes me think he used the gun and his words to get them to a spot where he felt comfortable.

There is no way for the public to understand the timeline between the audio capture of “down the hill” and the visual on the video, so this is pure speculation and IMO.
Im trying to find link where LE member says something like (paraphrase til link) the attack started almost straight after/ soon after/ right after the audio / video footage. All moo til link found

Yes!! Again I thought I noticed interesting body language between LE and FBI during the press conference on the second year anniversary. The whole name thing/confusion seemed a bit staged to me. Perhaps there is some tension between agencies.

The FBI guy (assuming I am identifying him correctly) seems to be a little... uneasy. His hands (opening and closing a bit). I thought maybe he was just a bit nervous with the cameras and such (maybe he's not particularly comfortable with public non-speaking).

Am I missing some other body language? Or maybe what I noticed isn't note-worthy. ??

Okay guys, it’s time to use the latest technology in the familiar DNA process.

If you had used it last June when it “was on the table” and was being talked about, the killer may be behind bars currently!

Look at the money spent in the last year with the murderer still out there. Add this to your new direction plan!
I'm thinking they are already using it but can't think of a reason why they would not tell the public.
Then again, I don't know if LE ever said they were using familial DNA to catch the golden state killer until they arrested him.
So maybe it's just something they don't want the public, or more specifically, the killer, to know.
After all, one of the last and most important steps is to figure out how to get a sample from him.
That's if they even know who he is.
They may be using it but still have not found a match, or were not able to find any match at all.
There is probably a small percentage of people who put their DNA on those websites, let alone use that particular company. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19