Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes from dude talking on Fox59

US Marshals involved for electronic devices and phone pings
3 kinds of charges possible: unrelated to murders ("I would not expect an announcement like this"); murder; felony murder

The delay gave local people an opportunity to think about what they've seen and call in more tips.

We will find out charges but not probable cause.

BBM, probable cause, uh I knew that was coming.

Pretty sure this presser will just be clinical about charges and a lot of acknowledgment of the investigators and families. Pretty sure there will be no media questions allowed.

Upthread there were comments about what Robert Ives supposedly said. For almost 2 years I tried to find his exact interview with the non-secular descriptor mentioned but to no avail.

I’m sure this case will be a case-study about SM and how “interpretations” of what someone said got out on SM and then snowballed.

That’s why I think this presser will be tight-lipped and clinical. I hope I’m wrong as I obsess about the perpetrator’s access and departure method but realistically, it’s doubtful this presser would even broach that.

It might be revealed at the presser, it might not be, but my gut feeling is that a family member or close friend who knew the suspect and the truth finally cracked and went to police with what they know. Which potentially led to the search of the river (potential dumping of murder weapon?), a potential familial DNA sample, and maybe a match to something that was recovered from the crime scene?

I'm not expecting answers to these questions but eventually it would be instructive to know if this was a botched abduction and the girls bravely tried to escape, realising they were being taken to a car or a more concealed location. This resulted in the attacker killing them to prevent his identification.
Given DNA advances there is no way now for a rapist to avoid detection unless he ensures that the victim's body is not found. Or no vehicle involved, RA is well within walking distances, no cameras between his house and the bridge, good way to avoid being tracked and leave his phone at another location.
Always bugged me though that the girls seemed to be waiting for someone and that that location was ideal for a predator to cut them off from escape. So some kind of prior internet contact would make sense, the location and crime seems so choreographed. Hence the KK link? Or were LE working so hard to eliminate a defence lawyer throwing him out as an alternative suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest