Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everyone, I am counting the hours until the PC - Only a few more!

In the meantime, however, I want to acknowledge Libby's bravery and smarts at being able to record the "infamous" video. Although we don't know specifics, I believe that video played an integral part in this arrest. It has been over 5 years just waiting for some news about who did this horrible crime, I hope this is the beginning of seeing justice served!

Last edited:
I think LE finally got some type of DNA/evidence that directly tied RA to the death scene. I'm surprised RA didn't try and make a run for it after the search of his property, he had a week before his arrest according to the article.

<snipped>

Allen was arrested on Oct. 26, a week after sources tell Fox 59 News that investigators converged on his house with a search warrant, seizing his car and digging through a firepit out back.

”I saw police cars going down there, a couple police cars and I never thought much of it,” said neighbor Joe Seurynck.
So if they search a week prior to 10/26, that’s 10/19. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks.

And they had to have something concrete to get a search warrant to go into the house and seize the car. Going to go back and see what was happening with KAK in mid October.

Like everyone, I am counting the hours until the PC - Only a few more!

In the meantime, however, I want to acknowledge Libby's bravery and smarts at being able to record the "infamous" video. Although we don't know specifics, I believe that video played an integral part in this arrest. It has been over 5 years just waiting for an arrest, I hope this is the beginning of seeing justice served!
I agree. She was an incredibly observant, smart kid. Most teenagers wouldn't even think to take the steps that she did to identify this guy.

Indeed, why would anyone want to take responsibility for their actions, or assist in an investigation, or give eyewitness statements, etc etc.
Why do people feel the need to say this constantly?
Because the government must be held accountable to do their job & prove their case.
Also, Way too many people have been innocently convicted.
There also are more nuances like you never know what you say can be misconstrued and a case be built on a charge of something you aren't guilty of, even if you're guilty of SOMETHING.

And as much as RA is loathed by the masses right now, we, the public, truthfully have very little evidence on him right now and he DOES have certain constitutional rights until a conviction is secured.

Sure, confessions make people's lives easier (ESPECIALLY LE) but many experts have made good cases that they aren't the ideal way to arrive at a guilty verdict.

Here's one scenario. When investigators are required to help PROVE a case, many times other elements and crimes rise to the top in the process. If they don't dig into this case, then they could possibly miss any previous crimes he's committed because they wouldnt have dug enough to uncover evidence that links him.

Me too. You would think that confiscating digital evidence would be a priority in this day and age, but he didn't. Maybe because he was older and born pre-digital era that he didn't even think of it?
Adrenaline does funny things to the brain. Likely he just forgot to check? Or libby was so strategic that she placed it away from her?

But also it lends credence to the thought that maybe he ISN'T involved with kk and didn't contact her before, because he woulda been heightened in awareness of her connection to her phone.

Have they said for sure the actual phone was found or that they just used the cloud? It's been awhile, but I've been working off a memory that they found the phone at the scene.? I just can't remember exactly.

He, if he is the one must have kicked himself that he was "caught on camera"
I'm sure he did. That is the sort of oops that he (if he is guilty) will stew over for the rest of his life behind bars. In the end, Liberty won. She outsmarted the killer. I really hope that her smart and savvy actions deter future would be- child kidnapper/killers.

Me too. You would think that confiscating digital evidence would be a priority in this day and age, but he didn't. Maybe because he was older and born pre-digital era that he didn't even think of it?

He seems to have no social media so maybe he had zero interest in that aspect of digital era.

<modsnip - OFF LIMITS>

Moooooo

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the government must be held accountable to do their job & prove their case.
There also are more nuances like you never know what you say can be misconstrued and a case be built on a charge of something you aren't guilty of, even if you're guilty of SOMETHING.

And as much as RA is loathed by the masses right now, we, the public, truthfully have very little evidence on him right now and he DOES have certain constitutional rights until a conviction is secured.

Sure, confessions make people's lives easier (ESPECIALLY LE) but many experts have made good cases that they aren't the ideal way to arrive at a guilty verdict.

Here's one scenario. When investigators are required to help PROVE a case, many times other elements and crimes rise to the top in the process. If they don't dig into this case, then they could possibly miss any previous crimes he's committed because they wouldnt have dug enough to uncover evidence that links him.
I don't know how matters stand in the use but in the uk there was a wobble when Peter Sutcliffe, the so called Yorkshire ripper, was arrested...I think the police at the press conference said something like....looks like weve got him...and that almost scuppered the trial

ADMIN NOTE:

Please STOP vilifying the people of Delphi.
We do not know many if any facts yet, and so bashing them as a whole is mis-placed and offensive. It does not align with our victim-friendly principles.

And while we are at it, ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE SUSPECT ARE OFF LIMITS.

Thank you for upholding Websleuths’ reputation as the gold standard of true crime discussion boards.

Over 150 Threads into this case (is this a WS record?).....today is the day we find out some of the story. I'm so relieved there has been an arrest finally, these innocent girls deserve justice and so do their families.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

I'm older than him by several years and I clearly understand digital evidence. He's 50 - not 80.
that's true, but I'm not of the digital generation and although I clearly understand digital evidence, I don't think the instinct to grab the phone first. would be the same...but, yes it. should have been integral to his plans...just don't know. what state of mind. he was in, thank goodness

Adrenaline does funny things to the brain. Likely he just forgot to check? Or libby was so strategic that she placed it away from her?

But also it lends credence to the thought that maybe he ISN'T involved with kk and didn't contact her before, because he woulda been heightened in awareness of her connection to her phone.

Have they said for sure the actual phone was found or that they just used the cloud? It's been awhile, but I've been working off a memory that they found the phone at the scene.? I just can't remember exactly.
The physical phone was found near the scene, we’ve never been told exactly where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member