IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upper right picture...what is in the center of the train track? Does the track have a sharp curve to the left that makes it look like a tree is growing thru the center orf the track?

RE: forensics and physical description.

Almost a week has gone by, I think the pressure is really building for LE to release more info.

FBI most likely have the type of shoe, size, etc., figured out. From the scene, depth of shoe/boot prints, if the ground was wet enough. They could then generally determine weight. I doubt those are steel toed, thus the shoes have not been re-soled.

They probably have a decent description of the suspect, they just haven't released it, yet. Height/weight, etc. Like others have noted, though, the guy could blend in easily in a rural area.

I'm getting a Zodiac Killer vibe from this one. No sex crimes involved, just pure, cold blooded murder. Zodiac hit public parks when he struck. Killers like this go after a certain demographic, too.

If I were the FBI and DHS, I'd put out a blanket alert across several states. The public are going to get more anvious in the near-term, and the weather is supposed to be unseasonable again this coming week. We won't see much foliage growth for at least another 8 weeks. If this guy strikes again, soon, people are going to ask questions.

I'm wrapped up in this case for a few reasons, one big one being that I'm a hiker. Most likely the perp wouldn't mess with aomebody my size, although he looks bigger than me. I'm convinced he targeted those girls. Us trail people would probably not think too much about seeing that guy in that park, but I always try to make eye contact and exchange pleasantries with folks on trails. I think he was in woods, waiting, not far from the bridge. Maybe had a set of binoculars with him.

“He’s not just someone we want to talk to; we consider him a suspect in these murders,” Sgt. Tony Slocum said Sunday. “We’re officially calling him a suspect versus a subject we’re looking to speak to. He’s going to be our main suspect at this time,” he said.

The girls’ bodies were found Tuesday about a quarter-mile from an abandoned railroad bridge that’s part of a trail system where the teens had planned to go hiking on during a day off school in Delphi, a community of about 3,000 people some 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis.

Their deaths have been ruled a double-homicide, but authorities have not disclosed how the girls died.

Slocum said the fact that the man hasn’t contacted authorities in the days since two photos of him were released is just a tiny part of what led them to describe him as a suspect.

“That doesn’t make him a suspect by not contacting us. It’s the totality of the evidence we’ve been developing so far that leads us to that,” he said.

Slocum is urging the public to call police with tips about the man. Police on Wednesday released two photos of the man walking Monday along the city of Delphi’s trail system around the time the girls were dropped off.

http://kron4.com/2017/02/19/indiana-police-man-in-photos-now-main-suspect-in-2-girls-deaths/

If he left DNA, has LE had time to run it? If so, does this mean he's not in the system... since they haven't released a name and/or they can't identify him by name?

​maybe he stppped by a hardware store on the way, I've seen this solve a case before...

eta Valentine's Day a possible trigger?

Or he is a local or known by a local and they haven't called in a tip because they don't think the person they know could do such a horrible

I apologize for jumping in the middle. Wasn't sure if you all had seen this
Man pictured on railway bridge is 'main suspect' in double murder http://dailym.ai/2kNj577 via http://dailym.ai/android

IMO, the poi is not local. Small communities know the oddballs and would recognize him. Looks like an off the grid drifter and squatter to me. Wonder if locals have had break ins. Missing food. Shoes. Or clothing.

Have a great day everyone!

I'm an oddball that lives in a small town and nobody here knows me.
Just sayin'

“He’s not just someone we want to talk to; we consider him a suspect in these murders,” Sgt. Tony Slocum said Sunday. “We’re officially calling him a suspect versus a subject we’re looking to speak to. He’s going to be our main suspect at this time,” he said.

The girls’ bodies were found Tuesday about a quarter-mile from an abandoned railroad bridge that’s part of a trail system where the teens had planned to go hiking on during a day off school in Delphi, a community of about 3,000 people some 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis.

Their deaths have been ruled a double-homicide, but authorities have not disclosed how the girls died.

Slocum said the fact that the man hasn’t contacted authorities in the days since two photos of him were released is just a tiny part of what led them to describe him as a suspect.

“That doesn’t make him a suspect by not contacting us. It’s the totality of the evidence we’ve been developing so far that leads us to that,” he said.

Slocum is urging the public to call police with tips about the man. Police on Wednesday released two photos of the man walking Monday along the city of Delphi’s trail system around the time the girls were dropped off.

http://kron4.com/2017/02/19/indiana-police-man-in-photos-now-main-suspect-in-2-girls-deaths/

He looks like a white man with blood on his jeans next to his right hand pocket.

IMO: this ist the murderer's first rodeo. If they have DNA at the crime scene, he'll be matched.

If he left DNA, has LE had time to run it? If so, does this mean he's not in the system... since they haven't released a name and/or they can't identify him by name?

Upper right picture...what is in the center of the train track? Does the track have a sharp curve to the left that makes it look like a tree is growing thru the center orf the track?

There's no curve. That's a little more of an engineering feat than was possible or desirable at the time this was built.

The tree is on the left outside edge of the bridge. It's just the angle of the photo that puts it on the right of the suspect.

Do you have any kind of contact information to the local papers and news outlets? I think your idea of publishing his picturing locally (Iowa) is a fantastic one!!! Maybe you could send them an email with the idea. ??

Yes, but tbh it's not something I would do. Sorry, don't yell at me! :blushing:

He has a mustache, too. Looks like. Yeah, I don't think this is an online predator, etc. I think he's perhaps a vagrant and the girls got very, very unlucky. To say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if the pic is from their phones. Perhaps they took it bc they thought he was creepy; perhaps he'd approached them and then took off, so they thought they would have his pic to show to their parents, etc.

But, then he came back. I don't think he will be "on the lam" long.

Yikes! Had a very nice day here in Michigan went outside to clean out the vehicles and come back and finally some news. Anyway on the white thing at the top of the suspects jacket, I am wondering if it is part of the zipper to his hoodie bunched up? Example in this pic but imagine if the coat was unbuttoned farther which it does appear on the suspect and the hoodie unzipped farther and bunched up. Pic is actually of the property ownner I just used as an example taken from the following link.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/16/delphi-property-owner-speaks-to-news-18-after-bodies-found-in-backyard/

attachment.php

Attachments

• zipper.JPG
    zipper.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 576
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors