IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent analysis, IndependentFeed! Welcome to WS!

Could be someone working with another and one would alert the suspect to others approaching the trail. I'm not sold on this being only one perp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if this helps at all, I tried to get the entire trail in the map and I also put a compass in the top right to give a better sense of direction.

attachment.php
Thanks. This is very helpful.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that the Department of Homeland Security or some other big government agency (not including the FBI) was on this case as well. Is this accurate information? If so, is it normal protocol for them to help with murder cases? If it isn't normal, why would they be involved with this one?

He didn't hide the bodies because he most likely was going to return to them , organized anti-social sk usually do this. Think Ted Bundy

Good thought. It might very well be true.

He didn't hide the bodies cause he had to get out of there really fast.

Where did the trio cross back across Deer Creek?

Lets dig a little further.

I don't know exactly where in Deer Creek this data comes from but this chart indicates that on the day the girls were killed the gage height (measured height) of Deer Creek was nearly four feet.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/in/nwis/...od=&begin_date=2017-02-12&end_date=2017-02-26

View attachment 111208

Even if it was not consistent throughout there was significant depth to that creek on that day.

Why would he force the girls to walk through flowing water just to get to the other side?
There is more wooded area on the Southern side...

Probably took them to the other side thinking it would delay their recoveries. I am convincing myself that he had a canoe or kayak stashed there. He could have rowed himself far away from the crime scene by the time they were looking for him... but, I don't know how quickly they had helicopters out there. I know law enforcement was contacted at 5:30 pm and sundown was 6:30.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that the Department of Homeland Security or some other big government agency (not including the FBI) was on this case as well. Is this accurate information? If so, is it normal protocol for them to help with murder cases? If it isn't normal, why would they be involved with this one?

Fairly common, especially with child murders and/or abductions. I think there is something on their website. At least, there used to be. They have aided in seceral cases here over the years.

He didn't hide the bodies cause he had to get out of there really fast.

I think he displayed them. He could've put them in the river but didn't.

I think he intended them to be found.

Total speculation. JMOpinion.

Good thought. It might very well be true.

I wonder why WOULD he hide the bodies? He knew he'd be gone before anyone would come looking. He didn't need the extra time to make a getaway. He was out of there.

There are 20 different agencies contributing to this case.

I read that Homeland Security provided the radar dish thingy outside the HQ of the investigation.

Guys! I just found probably the coolest Youtube video that can be found on this topic of the two girls. This guy does an absolutely amazing job of mapping out the possible locations of the girls and the suspect with the use of the pics, photoshop, and google earth. This is a must see!!!!!!!!!! Through the use of picture evidence, this guy makes an educated guess that Liberty had somehow moved south down the bridge and took the picture of the man walking toward her from the north. There is going to be a lot of discussion on this video...........
[video=youtube;AS24hYv_X8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS24hYv_X8Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS24hYv_X8Q[/video]

Seen it all yesterday already in thread 11 or 12 :wink:

But thank you anyway.

I've been gone most of the day - can't read back through - anything new?
A few people asked what BG meant. And a local went to the site today but hasn't uploaded their pictures yet.

Found this article again, my thoughts are, jmo, that perhaps LE thinks and knows by evidence they have that there is another person involved....

We have other information that we’re not sharing,” Bursten said, before saying that more than one person might have been involved in the incident.

“Since Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers have distributed a photo of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail,” state police said in another news release Sunday. “The photo appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photo, is suspected of having participated in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

Although both the image and the audio came from Liberty’s cellphone, Bursten said that it was not yet clear whether the voice on the recording was that of the man in the picture.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ording-of-three-words/?utm_term=.d4896bb8c851

Mr. Top, the kids and I went out for dinner tonight. As we were walking into the restaurant, I was walking behind them all and noticed that Mr. Top could have easily been mistaken for BG. He was wearing dad jeans that he buys at Costco, a big bulky jacket and had his hands in his pockets. Mr. Top is about 5'11" and about 195 lbs. He's 51. He's really not a big guy, you would even describe him as slim but with those clothes on he looked big.

Mr. Top is educated, has an office job and can afford much nicer clothes but just doesn't like to spend a lot of money on clothes. We live in a big city, not in a rural area. My point is that almost anyone could look like BG and we may be surprised as to the type of person he ends up being.

I think we will all be shocked when this guy is caught and we truly see him. I don't think he looks ANYTHING like has been speculating.

Just an idea...

perhaps there had been possible sightings of someone (or intruder) "squatting" or sleeping on the property?

Example: LE found one of the Boston Bombers under a boat in a neighborhood backyard...

:thinking:
I think this link has been taken down already.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Is it against the rules to post a link to the sheriffs sex offender registry page? Because there is an interesting non compliant sex offender in Delphi who has a history of sexually abusing minors

I have no info that suggests the girls were sexually assaulted that is pure speculation on municipal part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj