IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23 w/video
Inside Edition Reporter traces, on foot, the possible "down the hill" movements of the threesome from the bridge. Expert opines that BG had a weapon in order for the girls to cooperate. NG gives her :twocents:

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-indiana-murder-mystery-as-reward-reaches-50g

I think the possibility that the perp was recently released from prison, as mentioned in your link, is a good theory, but I would hope that LE would look at recently released violent offenders right away and rule them out. They would also have DNA on file most likely.

Wow! Where did you find this? Now I can see he is wearing a fannypack.
Great find!
Yes. The picture is much sharper when it's reduced. I used a magnifying glass on a reduced version in the beginning as enlarging is what cauises the distortion.

:cow:

Thoughts on the pistol. Husband looked at the photo and immediately recognized it as a pistol. He thinks it's in his pocket, and is left handed based on it being on his right side. That's nothing new, but it's nice to have the theory enforced again. He had some thoughts on style of pistol. I've included links. The price point on the second makes it probable. He called it a throw away pistol.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/33536...le-trade--ruger-p90dc--45acp-semi-auto-pistol
https://www.honeycreektackle.com/pistols-c-450_296.html?page=25&sort=2a

Attatchment? Again not looking for personal opinions regarding news or photos! Looking for factual info that the girls crossed the bridge! That's my wish and interest!

Why don't you search for it in the media thread, linked in the first post of this thread, and look at all the articles and videos linked there for statements made by LE.

Don't know. But Ancestry.com is not the only well-subscribed site to process DNA and find your relations. There are a few, such as www.23andme.com, which will tell you everything you never wanted to know about your physical form.
LE may also have access to university-type research databases, etc. For instance, they may have been able to deduce a lot about the person so far - e.g. is he 1/4th Asian or Eskimo or whatever (don't start taking offense at that example!). They'll know if his parental-and-older folks were inclined to different kinds of diseases, color of eyes and hair, allergies, ear wax type, cholesterol, high blood pressure, all kinds of stuff. DNA info is not just about related people, it can tell you a lot about a person. So if, by chance, they found a tendency to Goober's Syndrome (that's a made-up term, folks) they might go on over to a Goober's research lab that's got some volunteer DNA on file and see if they can find a relative. LE has many options here, but they're not going to blab about them all to the MSM.
MOO
Starting to feel like I have Goober Syndrome! No new ideas for me recently. Is that one of the symptoms?? [emoji12]

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I really think this perp found the girls on social media pretending to be a young male teenager. I think they planned on meeting up with him. Perps will drive long distances to meet potential hook ups.

I've wondered if maybe BG lived nearby? Maybe he seen the property owner leave and also seen the girls being dropped off..

Sorry, one more question. Is YouTube okay to link? I've seen some YouTube videos posted/linked, but I thought maybe they were made by members so that's why it's okay to link them. Sorry to take up space in the thread for my questions guys. I appreciate your responses.

We have certain members on Websleuths who we allow to post their YouTube videos.

Best to check with an mod first if you want to post something from YouTube and make sure the person making the video is approved.

Thanks,
Tricia

The person that created the youtube videos that located the positions on the bridge of the girls and the suspect is someone that reconstructs crime scenes and identifies locations of people and objects from various source images professionally. So it isn't as if some amateur is taking a wild guess. But that all said the answer to your question is that law enforcement has never stated that the girls crossed the bridge.

My initial thought was that the girls crossed the bridge from N to S and were abducted on S side and then obviously had to cross creek back to N side where bodies found! After watching video today of a man documenting his crossing of the bridge, I find it doubtful as a parent, as a mother that these girls made it across! I'm not saying that this didn't happen! I'm sticking to facts and it has not been released that the girls crossed the entirety of the bridge from N to S..... Only speculation!

I'm leaning toward they met this guy on the internet, and he's sold himself as being around their age, and the girls were sucked in to meeting him. When they saw him on the bridge, they got nervous and, I've read, that they snapchatted the photo of him, (and also sent the audio). Louisville, Ky. , Dayton, Oh., are only three hours away, and Champaign, IL. is only two hours, and those are just the larger cities across the state borders. We've had guys like this drive much further than that into the state to meet up w/teens, and have had guys from our state drive out of state to meet their prey, and had them trick teens into driving long distances to meet them. Just saw on the news that the reward is nearly $100,000 now. Re: the recording, I listened on the LE site, and I thought I heard water splash. Did anyone else hear that?

We have certain members on Websleuths who we allow to post their YouTube videos.

Best to check with an mod first if you want to post something from YouTube and make sure the person making the video is approved.

Thanks,
Tricia

Thanks for clearing that up!! :wave:

When you said there was a gun in his pocket it took me a WHILE to realize you were talking about his jacket pocket - is anyone else seeing something in his right pants pocket? Like a night stick kind of thing?

(And nooooo I don't think he's just happy to see us.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:laughing: Thanks for the moment of laughter. This case is causing nightmares. I read, and read, and think, and think...I can't imagine if I lived in that area. BUT, with all that thinking, I keep thinking, "HE COULD BE ANYWHERE!" and unfortunately, murderers are everywhere... sigh... They can steal my life, but never my soul...There by the grace of God, go I!

AND.....though I think that's just the sunlight hitting on his jeans in that one photo, if it were an item...and a happy to see you item... This fat lady will figure out a way to RUN! Scare me!

I find it doubtful as a parent, as a mother that these girls made it across!

I would agree - except it appears that it is common for locals to do so. A woman spoke about crossing it on her walk shortly after the time in question.

I think this is someone who spends a lot of time in the woods. He wears a fanny pack. He walks across this bridge with this hands in his pockets, almost casual like in the one photo. He knows these woods. JMO

... and the bridge imo.

My initial thought was that the girls crossed the bridge from N to S and were abducted on S side and then obviously had to cross creek back to N side where bodies found! After watching video today of a man documenting his crossing of the bridge, I find it doubtful as a parent, as a mother that these girls made it across! I'm not saying that this didn't happen! I'm sticking to facts and it has not been released that the girls crossed the entirety of the bridge from N to S..... Only speculation!
Well, regardless they had to get off that bridge somewhere. Where BG is located on that bridge in the still shots from the video Libby had taken (which is something LE released) puts the girls pretty close to the south end of the bridge. So they either went the longer distance back north or the shorter distance south. Take your pick, it has to be one of those.

I just had a disturbing thought, and I'm sharing it here - please shoot it down because I don't want it to be true.

Could the perp himself have filmed his crimes using Libby's phone and left it as evidence on purpose?

jmopinon, thinking aloud, speculation, not fact

This video shows that the chances are quite high that at least one of the girls crossed the bridge all the way to the south side as it designates where the picture of the perp more than likely was taken (on the south side).
[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

attachment.php

Creepier than this?
Respectfully i think that's one of the images people "remake" I do not think it's the original because when you put this one beside police released image you can see tracks behind the man walking not like he's standing looking at girls as depicted here.

db5cde7b42e40f043bdd562a9befdc62.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

His "gun" looks much lower, though. All of these holsters so far would put the object near the chest. The area in the photo is near the jacket pocket and to the side.
To be honest, most people who carry guns just use a belt holster. Cheaper and easier. I carry mine in my backpack or purse. (Concealed carry is legal and common here.) I am just not convinced that it is a gun, but we shall see.

The company 5.11 makes some newer products for concealed carry. For example they have some shirts that are velcro with buttons so that they appear buttoned up, but have quick access to a gun. The undershirt that you buy with them has a holster built into it. I have one and they are excellent when you can't wear a jacket or coat like in summertime. Maybe he was wearing one of those?

Link to product page: http://www.511tactical.com/mens/mens-shirts/mens-concealed-carry-shirts.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel