IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible she was working, but tbh, this sounds like a teen being silly to me. (moo as the mom of teens in this age group).

Agree. I've seen this a lot on teen pages and lots of other silly things. Some of my daughter's silly friends change their IG profile pics to that of the school principal, etc.

A few threads back someone posted about a few registered sex offenders residing in Delphi but I did a search of the registered sex offenders where Libby resided (in nearby Logansport) and there are over 100 registered sex offenders residing there. A few of them resemble the photo of the suspect that was released by LE.

I dont think LE wants the perp to know if they have dna. I think the they slipped up and then had to clarify. moo

I agree. In my mind, sorry, no takesies backsies! I think there is DNA.

When I was a teen, my Facebook said I worked at Abercrombie and Fitch, because it made me feel cyber cool.

Take this "Pizza Hut" information with a grain of low quality salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel old. When I was a teen, there was no cyber, and the "cool" fake job would have been Benetton.

I dont think LE wants the perp to know if they have dna. I think the they slipped up and then had to clarify. moo

This is possible. But I also wonder if they planned the DNA "slip up" to see how certain people reacted to the news.

For veteran websleuthers... is it unusual that LE would not come out and officially name people who have been cleared?... or can we assume that other than the landowner, and the people whose homes were searched everyone else is still a suspect?

No, it is very common for LE not to rule anyone out publicly to the media. It has happened only a few times in past cases among the hundreds or thousands we have discussed here.

Behind the scenes they usually are ruling others out but they did say the homeowners where the search warrants were done had no involvement in the case. I dont think they identified them by name though probably trying to respect their privacy and trying to prevent the media from showing up on their doorsteps.

Usually LEs standard line is they have ruled no one out when talking with the press and we had no idea who they had even ruled in as possible suspects at the time and only learned their name/s when an arrest was made and that is how they ruled everyone else out.

IMO

Thank you and I went to the FBI website to read it for myself but I cant find anything that states that but I am sure not saying you didnt read it. I am sure you did and I wish I could find it because I have been following cases like this for over three decades and many involved the FBI assisting only if called by the lead local law enforcement.

Here is what is stated:

https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs

Here is what they say about missing person.

1035. FBI Assistance in Missing Persons Cases

In a missing person case, as a matter of cooperation, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will, at the request of a state or local law enforcement agency, make available the facilities of the FBI Identification Division and the FBI Laboratory.

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?
Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

If a crime is committed that is a violation of local, state, and federal laws, does the FBI “take over” the investigation?
No. State and local law enforcement agencies are not subordinate to the FBI, and the FBI does not supervise or take over their investigations. Instead, the investigative resources of the FBI and state and local agencies are often pooled in a common effort to investigate and solve the cases.

I do think I recall early on reading an article that said the local police did call the FBI for assistance in this case. I will try to find the link.

Thank you again for your reply. You certainly peaked my interest. :D
Maybe someone will chime in. Someone had posted this many threads ago.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sorry meant they posted the link on the FBI page.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Look up HORRIFIC murders of Jennifer Ertman and Elizabeth Pena that happened in Houston, TX in 1993. That's pretty much what happened....one of the girls actually GOT AWAY from her their murders, but went back to the scene when she heard her friend crying for help. Sadly, they were both horrifically raped and murdered.

The 2 girls at once thing...

I admit to always being afraid of kidnapping/abduction and stranger danger from a young age myself and I have spent many, many hours over the years playing "what if" with my kids as they were growing up. "What if he has free kittens??" "What if it's a lady?" "What if it's just another kid?" "What if they say your mom said to pick you up?" etc - we call this the "what if" game and they also add scenarios and so on. Point being I would assume they are well versed in trickery and are ahead of the curve on what to do if something horrible happens.

I asked my daughters (independently of each other) last night "what if someone grabbed your sister with a knife to her throat??"

To my dismay they insisted they would never run and leave the other behind. I was very encouraging that they could be the only way to get help or they would be a witness if something terrible happened and so on and nope, they 100% insisted they would stay and fight and would never leave even after I insisted that that running is what they MUST do. The fact that they both said this without input from the other is very telling IMO. It must be highly instinctual to not leave someone behind and nearly impossible to convince them otherwise.

Anecdotal of course but this makes me think it wasn't that difficult for him to get both of them to comply. Really sad and really scary.

Reward up to 100,000

[video=twitter;836608739406905344]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/836608739406905344[/video]

Thank you. Interesting that Fox59 seems to maintain that they did (I guess inadvertently) confirm the existence of DNA evidence.

If they don't have DNA and yet answered that pointed question in that manner, then I can understand why people might think they sidestepped the pointed question about "is that a hat or hair" by saying he is "wearing" a hoodie.

Forgive me if this has already been posted:

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/28/isp-says-no-arrest-yet-in-delphi-murders/

February 28, 2017, 1:01 pm

"Indiana State Police said Tuesday afternoon that no arrest has been made.

24-Hour News 8 received an anonymous tip that a man had been taken into custody in connection with the case. After we inquired with ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum, he issued a tweet to clarify that no one has been arrested."

Tweet: [video=twitter;836631261187870724]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/836631261187870724[/video]

Did I read that one of the girls worked at the local Pizza Hut? Or did I dream it? Could they even work at their age?

They were 13 and 14. AFAIK not legal age to be working at a Pizza Hut.

Abby put her work status as "Taste Tester" at Pizza Hut, LOL
Libby's job was Fry cook at the Krusty Krab, LOL

So cute, so sad.

If they can't prove rape they will say this too...sometimes if they have a lot of injuries internally they cannot prove rape because of bleeding. This would make DNA impossible from that point too unless there was a pubic hair or something...

Forgive me if this has already been posted:

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/28/isp-says-no-arrest-yet-in-delphi-murders/

February 28, 2017, 1:01 pm

"Indiana State Police said Tuesday afternoon that no arrest has been made.

24-Hour News 8 received an anonymous tip that a man had been taken into custody in connection with the case. After we inquired with ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum, he issued a tweet to clarify that no one has been arrested."

Tweet: [video=twitter;836631261187870724]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/836631261187870724[/video]

In custody and no arrests are not the same thing. Maybe there's a sliver of hope?

My post seems to have disappeared into thin air.

I've been literally having nightmares about this case. Do we know the height/weight of the girls? Liberty seems big, even for being a year older, and Abby looks smaller than average. I wonder about the perp's size, and how he was able to control 2 girls (a weapon? binding one or both?)? Sorry these questions make me sick to ask but this thread is moving so fast I don't know if this has been discussed.

Praying for the victims' families and that the EVIL perp is located, locked up, and/or tortured asap. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member