IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the stun gun theory. If that is what he's carrying, he could use that to get them to comply, if it strongly resembled a gun. I'm sure he didn't use the stun gun anywhere near the bridge though IMO. Too hard to get them where he wanted to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galaxygal - I can't seem to find your photo post. I've looked and looked at BG's picture. I'm not close to Delphi, so it's unlikely I would know him, but I want this guy caught. Does he have a hat on, or is that his hair? In one shot it looks like he may have something in his hand? Is his sweatshirt black with a white spray paint - looking design?

It's one of those things. There are people who see it right away, and others who only see distortion. I'm not even sure where the image I used came from.. I mean it came from this forum, but I'm not sure where the other poster got it from/or if they enhanced it themselves.

Could the "gun" be a taser of some kind?

220px-Police_issue_X26_TASER-white.jpg

source - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...te.jpg/220px-Police_issue_X26_TASER-white.jpg

graphic_taser2.gif

source- http://www.defenseproducts101.com/images/graphic_taser2.gif

Oops, just posted the same thought...I should have read a little further first :blushing:

Just noticing now that the audio of "go down the hill" had stomping in it, likely from the walking on the wood on the bridge or just stepping off of the end of it. Boom, go down the hill, Boom.

https://soundcloud.com/davebangert/indiana-state-police-call-for-tips-in-delphi-homicide-case

My guess is the phone is in her pocket recording video & some of the sounds are the phone rubbing against clothing as she's walking. The noises are too loud relative to everything else to be footsteps IMO.

Also the suspect seems to be using his "inside voice" when he orders them to go down the hill. I know the phone is likely muffled from being in a pocket but still he is quiet so that means he is very close. Not sure if this is help or hinder his identification. My quiet voice is different from my regular one, I think this applies to most people.

My guess is the phone is in her pocket recording video & some of the sounds are the phone rubbing against clothing as she's walking. The noises are too loud relative to everything else to be footsteps IMO.

But walking on a wooden structure would definitely be noisy. JMO

I like the stun gun theory. If that is what he's carrying, he could use that to get them to comply, if it strongly resembled a gun. I'm sure he didn't use the stun gun anywhere near the bridge though IMO. Too hard to get them where he wanted to go.

Most men of this age range I know of don't own stun guns. It's possible but would be more suspicious to carry around as a man than a gun would be. A lot of men in rural Indiana carry hand guns, it wouldn't even be considered suspicious to be walking around with a gun. If you're caught with a stun gun it's going to be like... what the hell are you going to use that for??

Also the suspect seems to be using his "inside voice" when he orders them to go down the hill. I know the phone is likely muffled from being in a pocket but still he is quiet so that means he is very close. Not sure if this is help or hinder his identification. My quiet voice is different from my regular one, I think this applies to most people.

I agree. I think someone is really going to have to recognize his delivery of the words or the exact way he pronounces those 3 words to be of use. It's a short clip recorded during a stressful situation and he may have been intentionally quieting his voice.

I've been loosely following this, I'm not as caught up, I'm sure, as everyone else, so forgive me if this has already been done. I went back in time to a point where there were no leaves on the trees to give an idea of how the land lays in that area. Here's some screenshots. It's not the roughest terrain I've seen, but, I feel he didn't just coax them down there, it wasn't a walk in the park, and I see this dude as being in his late 30s to 40s. He doesn't look like he's athletic either. I'm guessing he probably had a firearm. Otherwise one of them could possibly have dialed her phone, in her pocket, or just dialed 911 as they made a run for it. He could not have gotten both of them by himself, unarmed.

]

Snipped by me for brevity.

Yes, the Google Earth Feb 2012 imagery is closer to how it looked on Feb 13, 2017. However, you might have the bodies too far to the east.

YUP. She and Hannah together helped 'Save the Next Girl'. Jesse Matthew won't harm another. Hanna gave her life for that and KM took a very BIG chance.

:cow:

RG, too, IMO—flying back from to testify against him, to face him in that courtroom. Strong woman.

How I wish I'd known about Websleuths when Morgan and Hannah were missing and during the trial for JM's rape of RG. I followed it all as closely as I knew how. Chief Longo was amazing and so kind when I'd contacted him to share that I was certain I'd encountered JM back in the day.

Anyhow, glad I'm here now.

Yeah, I tried taking the one half and flipping it and tying together and not really thinking this is gonna work. I also tried some different effects to try and make it more usable but really don't think this works.

THESE ARE SPLIT IMAGES, FLIPPED, ENHANCED, NOT TO BE RELIED ON:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks a million for trying!

If I had to take a guess............I'd say the main reason that LE is trying to hold off on issuing any more of the audio is because you can most likely hear both of the two girls pleading with the guy as they walk along, begging him to let them go, crying, etc.............. Knowing the audio you are listening to is some of the last things they will ever say would be very troubling to a lot of people.......and rightly so. It may not be so much what he has to say as it is what the girls are saying.

But we also know they have at least 5-10 seconds of moving video of him walking across the bridge towards the girls. Why they aren't releasing that to the public is the part that I am really struggling to understand the most. Seeing this guy walk and how he carries himself might be the biggest clue yet............and yet LE stubbornly refuses to budge on it. They have it, and they can release it.......but ??

I can't help but wonder why they won't release more footage/pics/audio/etc. If there's video of him accosting the girls, there's probably footage that could help ID him. If it is important enough to not release it, why can't they say why. And if he's the guy, why are those three words and the unclear photo the only things they're publicizing?

The "down the hill" doesn't sound very threatening to me because it's only three words and we don't know the context in which he said it. Is he really saying "you girls get down the hill, NOW!" or something intimidating like that? If the phone recorded some kind of snuff film, they shouldn't release that part of it. But if they really want to find out who the guy is, there should be enough non-graphic stuff on the phone that could be released. I'm beginning to wonder if he's just a red herring and just happened to be on the trails when they were.

Why are they pleading for the public's help by using such a bad picture and the "down the hill" if they're sure that he's the one that killed the girls? Especially since we know that they have more from the phone.

I'm not sure how this would work in practice, though. It seems like it would be a massive and fairly pointless fishing expedition. It's not quite like entering DNA into CODIS. They'd have to get a search warrant for Ancestry.com (per Ancestry.com's ToS), and then sift through thousands or millions of DNA profiles, which, quite frankly, just aren't going to meet any legal standards as far as chain of custody.

Agreed. The idea of using proprietary databases of contributed DNA just wouldn't fly. Even if they could get a warrant, it would have to be for a specific individual or small group of individuals. In other words, they would already need a suspect's name.

Both the TOS of those sites and the courts would resist a request to access the DNA of every account. Way too far-reaching. The companies will resist because they charge for this stuff, and they don't want people to stop using the service because the company is free and easy with the genetic profiles. The courts would because it would be an unreasonable search and seizure of the profiles of people suspected of nothing. There are very good reasons for such restrictions.

As for various comments about drugs and crimes in small towns, they always have been there. I grew up in a town larger than Delphi, but more remote. We had about 30,000 people in two adjoining towns and the nearby Native American reservation. Murder was rare. (I remember 3, one of whom was a friend killed by her boyfriend, one a fight between biker gangs from out-of-town, and an unsolved murder of a 13yo girl.) Drugs were everywhere, though. And, no, it wasn't because of poor people or "bad" kids. It was the high school football star from a good working class family. The rich girl with a lawyer daddy. The son of a computer scientist at the local mine. A deputy sheriff's son. Current and future members of local LE. The poor were just the ones who had to pay for their behavior.

All of this adds up to me thinking most crime, including violent crime, comes from locals. People not necessarily suspected of anything, because they are "good". They go to work, go to church and have barbecues in the summer. It's made easier to discount the perp in this case because of the blurry photos and short audio. As someone said, his family may have already asked him, but believed his alibi.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I know there are thousands of billboards, but I wonder if there was any strategy as to how they were placed. Or just placed where available.

I've seen one in the Norfolk area of VA. They placed right next to the 2-lane exit to Naval Station Norfolk/Fleet Forces compound/Old Dominion Univ. A lot of folks with out of state connections are going to see it.

i would have to educate myself and my kids to run in a situation like this. It is hard to leave friends and family member behind but if you have a chance, running away will be the right thing to do. Because if you don't, both of you will die. And if you run away, it has a high chance to caught this person and prosecute him. I am sure your friend/family member will agree with you. Plus, you will save so many other innocent lives.

The trick is to run in separate directions while screaming

One thing about the stun gun train of thought is using one on the bridge makes it awful hard to get the girls mobile. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, I tried taking the one half and flipping it and tying together and not really thinking this is gonna work. I also tried some different effects to try and make it more usable but really don't think this works.

THESE ARE SPLIT IMAGES, FLIPPED, ENHANCED, NOT TO BE RELIED ON:
attachment.php
attachment.php
Looks like a wolf to me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors