IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weigh Stations are not always open especially in Indiana. If they are open the Officer will weigh the truck and possibly run the MC number. (it has been awhile since I drove) A lot of trucks now have gps. The rules are just as much for the driver as well as the load.

True, most all semi's have GPS and have for years. Plus many companies are now installing digital logs so everything about the driver and truck is tracked every second from the time they leave the terminal until they reach their destination and will continue until they have completed that run and then it starts all over again each time the driver/truck is on the road. In most semis now it has a computer that records every time the truck stops, how long, where, and it shows the speed the driver is driving at any given time.

The only way they would go undetected is they are driving an older truck such as some of the independent drivers have and use paper log books instead of digital ones.

I personally don't believe this murderer is a truck driver but I do think its possible that he somehow hitched a ride with a trucker and the trucker may be unaware the person picked up is wanted in a double homicide. If so, it would be more likely he hitched a ride with an independent driver or a small company because large companies usually do not allow anyone outside of the company to be a passenger in any of their vehicles. It is an automatic dismissal to do so.

IMO

I make Case Maps and believe me they can matter, or I wouldn't do them. Not only can they be a valuable tool to help piece a puzzle together, by giving a good perspective of a crime scene and the surrounding area, locations and evidence finds. I include links, pictures, articles and even videos. A Case Map can tell a story. I've had family use my maps searching for a missing loved one, I've had requests to make ones for searches. They may not always matter too much but sometimes they do.

I don't know if your question was directed to myself, but thought I'd chime in anyway :)

Agree that a case map can tell a story. The first thing I do when I hear about a crime is pull up a map and plot things out. A picture/map is worth a thousand words.

Hmmm I guess I need to get some sleep. Sleuthing and lack of sleep can make some posts apear like fishing. taking a break but marking my place to revisit.

Just throwing in, that the property owner reported an unknown individual on his property in 2014. Although it was 3 years ago, there may be a chance of someone returning to this area for some reason. The cemetery..?

April 26, 9:49 p.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. RL reported finding a person in his barn who was not authorized to be there. The unidentified person fled the barn prior to police arrival. The suspect was not located. Liggett investigated.

http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-05-21/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

-Nin

Thanks for the link! Very interesting indeed! His property is HUGE (40 acres) so I'm sure there must be one or several homeless people living there..? Seems like a possibility even though I believe BG didn't look homeless. I bet they observe when he is home and when he's not perhaps to steal stuff from his house or just use his amenities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, thats becoming a huge sum of money. Not sure if I've ever seen reward money get that high, although I'm sure it has and higher in other cases. I wonder what happens with reward money if the person is never caught, God forbid. I'm assuming LE just keeps it for as long as it takes?

The highest reward I remember seeing in a case was $250,000 in Holly Bobo's case. It was especially memorable because a huge chunk of it was donated by the Governor of Tennessee (Holly's state). But it didn't help solve her abduction and murder to my knowledge. She was abducted, assaulted, and murdered by a gang of local low-lifes. I don't think anyone collected the money so I don't know what happened to it.

Too many posts ago to find the link, sorry ...i can't help thinking about LE alluding to the BG possible hitchhiking, where did that come from?
I wanted to discount it, it sounds mad...however are we giving the perp too much credit for being clever and he is really a transient and mentally ill?

So, let me just consider another possibility. Do the kids in the area use the trails for dirt bikes and 4 wheelers? Is it possible that someone took Libby for a ride and her cell pinged in town, they turned around, the driver was going to fast and he wrecked and it injured her neck. Said driver walked back to get Abby to take her to the spot, she freaked out and was going to tell, so he injured her neck as well? Probably not but possible. I keep close in my mind the linguist. Suggested a Kentucky, Indiana influence in voice. So I keep that in mind. No has said either was sexually assaulted. Nother thought. Previous murder in one of the families. Can someone please share info? Could this be a revenge type thing? I don't know. Not enough info. I am impressed with the joined level of thinking, experience, logic and skill that has been displayed. We have to disassociate the horribleness of the event to see clearer. Most likely you have a town full of grief, speculation and the process of disbelief and grief.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Anything could be possible. The one thing that i agree with is that the perp knew the schedule of the property owner. I think maybe hes watched that house. MOO Who knows how long the perp has been in those woods and trails. I believe the police have no idea who it is! moo

Is it necessarily the case? Do we know that this part of the property would have been visible to the property owner from his home or that the owner frequents that area if his property?

The highest reward I remember seeing in a case was $250,000 in Holly Bobo's case. It was especially memorable because a huge chunk of it was donated by the Governor of Tennessee (Holly's state). But it didn't help solve her abduction and murder to my knowledge. She was abducted, assaulted, and murdered by a gang of local low-lifes. I don't think anyone collected the money so I don't know what happened to it.

That case was horrific. I didn't realize the reward money got that high.

I hope someone gives the right tip out of the goodness of their heart, but IMO reward money is more helpful when another criminal who knows the perp decides it's enough money to make snitching worth their while. Just hoping something breaks soon.

Thanks! I remembered reading this article but could not find it again. Sargent Slocum says, “We actually made arrests as we’re investigating this case.” But the arrests are not related to the killings.

“If we come across a suspect and/or witness — or anybody — during this investigation, and we find out they’re wanted on a warrant for some other activity that has nothing to do with the double homicide, we can’t turn a blind eye to that. So we’ve made arrests,” he said.

Too many posts ago to find the link, sorry ...i can't help thinking about LE alluding to the BG possible hitchhiking, where did that come from?
I wanted to discount it, it sounds mad...however are we giving the perp too much credit for being clever and he is really a transient and mentally ill?

In the last presser they were giving people situations that could have occurred to help jog memories. Paraphrasing but "Did you see someone hitchhiking? Walking along the highway? Shave their beard? Call in sick? etc..."

I think some people are taking this as LE saying they think for sure the person was hitchhiking, when in reality I think they were just listing various scenarios that haven't been ruled out for people to maybe remember if they haven't thought about it as odd. I don't know if that makes sense lol, it's still early.

Just throwing in, that the property owner reported an unknown individual on his property in 2014. Although it was 3 years ago, there may be a chance of someone returning to this area for some reason. The cemetery..?

April 26, 9:49 p.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. RL reported finding a person in his barn who was not authorized to be there. The unidentified person fled the barn prior to police arrival. The suspect was not located. Liggett investigated.

http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-05-21/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

-Nin

You never know. There was another incident the month before in 2014.

March 31, 11:53 a.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. RL reported forced entry into his residence and property taken. Maj. Tobe Leazenby investigated.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-04-09/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

Thanks! I remembered reading this article but could not find it again. Sargent Slocum says, “We actually made arrests as we’re investigating this case.” But the arrests are not related to the killings.

“If we come across a suspect and/or witness — or anybody — during this investigation, and we find out they’re wanted on a warrant for some other activity that has nothing to do with the double homicide, we can’t turn a blind eye to that. So we’ve made arrests,” he said.

Interesting - gonna bump this!

This will hopefully clear up any arrest rumours surrounding the homicide that people have been posting about. Great find to OP.

Did the fbi release a behavioral analysis on libby and abbys killer? This is the analysis on lyric and elizabeths killer.

http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

The FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) has been involved in the case since July, 2012 and has offered it's assistance to investigators throughout the past two years. The below listed information as opinions based upon information available up until July 17, 2014 and assumes that the information provided in the case is valid and complete. Certain aspects of these opinions may be subject to modification or change, depending upon any new information that becomes available in the future.​

The following items are possible characteristics the suspect may have, however should not be considered factual and the suspect or suspects may or may not possess one or all of the characteristics described here.

• [*]
    The offender most likely acted upon an opportunity to abduct Lyric and Elizabeth when they were seen in the Evansdale area.

• The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others.

• The offender likely used some form of “quiet coercion” to garner Elizabeth and Lyric’s initial compliance in leaving the park. This could have involved communication of a ruse or threats of violence.

• The offender blends in with and may be a part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities. It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or “passing through” the area.

• The offender may have experienced stressors in the offender’s life in the time period leading up to July 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012. These stressors may have included legal problems, psychological/mental health difficulties, conflict(s) with their significant other or spouse, employment difficulties or financial strain.

• The offender is likely following any media reports regarding the investigation but may deliberately avoid discussions with others about the case or any public display of interest about the investigation.

• The offender may have attempted abductions in the past and these attempts may have involved minor or adult victims.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the appearance of the offender’s vehicle. This may have involved cleaning the interior or exterior of the vehicle or permanently changing the appearance through painting or re-upholstery.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the offender’s physical appearance to include, changing hair style/color, growing/removing facial hair, etc.

BAU case experience indicates that the vast majority of these types of offenses are committed by one offender. However, there are cases in which more than one offender was involved in some part of the criminal act. Therefore, the public is strongly encouraged to contact law enforcement with any suspicion involving a single offender, multiple offenders or any individual they are suspicious of -- whether or not the person possesses any of the characteristics mentioned above.

Too funny that some criticize what they read here yet keep coming back. I love maps, and don't mind at all reading others opinions about cases whether i agree or not. Please keep posting ppl do not be dismayed by others. Jmo

Thanks for the link! Very interesting indeed! His property is HUGE (40 acres) so I'm sure there must be one or several homeless people living there..? Seems like a possibility even though I believe BG didn't look homeless. I bet they observe when he is home and when he's not perhaps to steal stuff from his house or just use his amenities.

I have a hard time conceivign of distances and sizes without equating them to something, so FWIW one acre is equivalent to about 76% of one football field, or perhaps as big as 1.32 football fields, depending on the source (googling quickly, no time to break it down further). So FORTY ACRES is a lot of space to sort through either way. http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/big-acre.html

Throwing it out there. Gotta go, back later.

Is it necessarily the case? Do we know that this part of the property would have been visible to the property owner from his home or that the owner frequents that area if his property?

I said it was my opinion. I have no idea what he did. Hes not in custody! moo

Did the fbi release a behavioral analysis on libby and abbys killer? This is the analysis on lyric and elizabeths killer.

http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

The FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) has been involved in the case since July, 2012 and has offered it's assistance to investigators throughout the past two years. The below listed information as opinions based upon information available up until July 17, 2014 and assumes that the information provided in the case is valid and complete. Certain aspects of these opinions may be subject to modification or change, depending upon any new information that becomes available in the future.​

The following items are possible characteristics the suspect may have, however should not be considered factual and the suspect or suspects may or may not possess one or all of the characteristics described here.

• The offender most likely acted upon an opportunity to abduct Lyric and Elizabeth when they were seen in the Evansdale area.

• The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others.

• The offender likely used some form of “quiet coercion” to garner Elizabeth and Lyric’s initial compliance in leaving the park. This could have involved communication of a ruse or threats of violence.

• The offender blends in with and may be a part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities. It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or “passing through” the area.

• The offender may have experienced stressors in the offender’s life in the time period leading up to July 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012. These stressors may have included legal problems, psychological/mental health difficulties, conflict(s) with their significant other or spouse, employment difficulties or financial strain.

• The offender is likely following any media reports regarding the investigation but may deliberately avoid discussions with others about the case or any public display of interest about the investigation.

• The offender may have attempted abductions in the past and these attempts may have involved minor or adult victims.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the appearance of the offender’s vehicle. This may have involved cleaning the interior or exterior of the vehicle or permanently changing the appearance through painting or re-upholstery.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the offender’s physical appearance to include, changing hair style/color, growing/removing facial hair, etc.
BAU case experience indicates that the vast majority of these types of offenses are committed by one offender. However, there are cases in which more than one offender was involved in some part of the criminal act. Therefore, the public is strongly encouraged to contact law enforcement with any suspicion involving a single offender, multiple offenders or any individual they are suspicious of -- whether or not the person possesses any of the characteristics mentioned above.

I don't believe there's been a behavioral analysis released for this case. I hope they do soon, to people on Websleuths some of the things that would be on said analysis would seem obvious, but to others I think it would be a huge huge help. JMO

In the last presser they were giving people situations that could have occurred to help jog memories. Paraphrasing but "Did you see someone hitchhiking? Walking along the highway? Shave their beard? Call in sick? etc..."

I think some people are taking this as LE saying they think for sure the person was hitchhiking, when in reality I think they were just listing various scenarios that haven't been ruled out for people to maybe remember if they haven't thought about it as odd, even if they don't have a way to prove that it's true. I don't know if that makes sense lol, it's still early.

How did he get there and how did he leave? If this was planned, which given the lack of an arrest seems to be the case, parking a car near the trail head or the cemetery seems a very risky proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd