IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a possibility. It's as if he is changing directions at that point, as if he could be going around or along side.
(New here. I've been reading the threads throughout, but just joined. I live in Indiana and so desperately want justice for these girls.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

My husband would, only he'd say it was a holster. This is why he's subjected to a clothing inspection if there's even a remote possibility that we may run into people we know. :shame:
They are good for cycling. Only used them for cycling. I am female but I see men using them too for that

A local martial arts studio, Impact Zone is holding the free self-defense classes to teach parents and kids what to do in a dangerous situation.

“The main thing is that they can fight back and have some courage. It’s ok to fight back and get away as fast as possible,” said Carlos Soto, with Impact Zone.

Instructors not only teach kids how to punch and kick, but also the importance of being aware of your surroundings and knowing your closest escape.

“We’re not trying to win a fight. We are trying to win by getting away and drawing attention to it and bring some awareness to it,” said Soto.

At least 20 kids attended the most recent class. Kids learned their voice can be used a weapon. ‘Help, stop, and get away from me’ are the three phrases instructors encouraged them to yell at a potential attacker. Little things such as keeping your hands out of your pockets and always ready to protect yourself were also lessons instructors taught kids.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/delphi-kids-self-defense-class-in-high-demand/

For those interested, here is a report from after the time of the initial search. Descriptions of the clothing the victims were wearing is included:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

A post in the last thread brought up "calling cards".

I can't find a link for it, but remember a LE guy saying something about the bodies being found upstream, which we know, but also something about being found "against the flow" of the creek.

What might that mean?

This was stated in an online article/ FB post. LE said they were around 50' from the creek other articles. This particular one stated; ​
The bodies were found on the edge of the water, upstream, against the flow of the creek, police said.
Against the flow would normally mean the opposite direction of the flow of the water's current.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

I don't think this guy has his hood on. Seems he's wearing a bulky, jacket w/maybe a hoodie underneath, or a hood on the back of the jacket, and a long t-shirt as well. Even w/you trying to look like his style of dress, and you did a great job, btw, look how disheveled this guy is, and look how neat you are. He reminds me of someone who wants to be invisible in the middle of a crowd. I think he's looking down, w/his hands in his pockets, and dressed as he is, to appear nondescript, until he scopes out the situation, and then he can do an about face and come up behind them. I still think this guy is a catfisher and he didn't want to alert them right away that he was the guy who was meeting them.

If he was catfishing them, wouldn't his IP address show up on her phone/computer? I would imagine that LE can trace IP addresses and probably already has if that were the case.
I agree with everything else.

I have finally come around to agreeing with some others that we may be dealing with a real SK.

It sure would explain the LE quick action to bring in so many FBI and large support effort with the billboards and stuff.

I do think he knew the area still and maybe was back visiting that grave for a past relative or visiting someone who lived real close.

The other thought I had is how he was able to just appear on the bridge.
Ive always wondered if maybe he was hiding under the bridge on one of those rafters and found a little nook to stay hidden as they walked overhead. Then when they got past him he climbs on up to top and starts walking right at them.

To them it would have looked like he magically appeared on the bridge.

Would take a little athleticism but doable.

I think the guy has on his jeans, a brown hoodie, hood down, something he's getting out of the hoodie pocket, a blue nylon jacket, and a hat, like those kinds of hats that are flat on top, nondescript tan or brown in color. I think they call them flat caps. I think anything else you see (aliens, dogs, penis....es, hammers, pencils, yardstick, etc) are simply shadows and lights glinting and glaring off a bad, pixellated image.

Just my 2c. Like I've said before I live in Indiana and clothes like this are a dime a dozen at any Big R.

I do not believe he's got a fanny pack on. I really just feel it's his hoodie pulled down so he can get his hands into the pockets for whatever he's getting.

attachment.php

I posted this earlier, it's my guess as to how and why his hoodie looks the way it does. I think he's got 1 hand in his pants pocket and 1 hand under the jacket reaching into his hoodie pocket. His hand inside his jean pocket is holding down his jacket on that side. Because the hoodie is far too big it's bunched up in the middle which is allowing it to cast a shadow. I assume he's reaching into that pocket for a knife or another weapon and if things get out of control then he pulls the gun that he apparently has inside his coat.

Same here.

OK, it's time to 'out myself' a little, now that I feel comfortable about doing so. I'll start by stating that your side-by-side images of you and BG made me laugh. As in "I sit here by myself reading up on these horrible crimes on WS" LMAO kind of laugh, and I thank you for that. Since joining this great community last year, I haven't been amused on here, at all. Many people where I'm from would think I am a LE guy, by my look and demeanor. I'm not, but I 'notice' things about people. I'm observant.

My Marine background included quite a bit of security work baxk in the 90's. I did security sruff in Somalia and Liberia. We were trained, for hours on end, to observe behaviors in people. Observe, observe, observe. Notice changes, that sort of thing. A form of stalking, but in a fixed spot, because you're under orders to stay there. It wasn't my MOS, but part of missions I did in Africa.

BG is doing an "anticipatory move", as it's called. I agree 100% with your assessment. He had to make sure the coast was clear, looking around, pivoting, before he struck. They all do it, I've seen killers do it. I just never thought my military background would help me understand determined killers here in the U.S.

I could stop at 10 or so retail establishments between my house and i-69 at 3PM on a given afternoon like the one in question, and see several guys who look and may even sound like BG. Ever watch "King of the Hill". Half of the guys I've heard since moving here sound like Boomhauer (sp?) from that show. Rural America, in general.

I have a fascination with linguistics, and it ties in with my early childhood fascination with maps. Maps of dialects are interesting to me, as I heard quite a few while in the service 20 years ago. Mine is so severe, an African-American gentleman and Army retiree nailed it the firet weekend I lived in Columbia, SC. I may have asked him a question or whatever, he was behind the counter at an Advance Auto store. I was surprised when he said, he didn't even ask, "You must be from Rochester". I'm from Rochester, NY. He didn't ask, he just blurted it out. He knew, subconsciously and consciously I'm sure, where I'm from by one sentence which left my lips. My father was from Buffalo, my mother is from rural Western NY, so I at least would think my dialect, while severe in a way ;-), is a mixed bag. People in Rochester have said I sound like i'm from Buffalo. Well, my mom worked 2nd shift, so my dad would read to me when I was real little. So that had an influence. Yet a career military guy in SC nailed my dialect, after I asked a simple question. I went to public schools, and the vast majority of my teachers were from Rochester.

Let's face it, we're obsessive people here at WS. I went into manufacturing after the service, and my obsessive and observant nature has helped me on the job. I notice subtle changes in my environment, bordering on OCD. I see pictures on walls which are slightly off-kilter, and want to square them. At friends' and relatives' houses. I don't do it, of course, because it would come off as 'weird'.

I have news for people in this Forum, but I'm sure it's obvious to the admins, mods, long-time members, and founders of this great Forum. LE are counting on people like us to come forward with info which may be related to this horrid crime. Observant people. People who notice subtle changes in their environment, changes which take a little obsession and perhaps some problem solving to process.

I hear that voice, and I wonder if someone says or thinks to themselves "That sounds like so-and-so". Or, "Damn, that sounds like he could be from such-and-such a community". I'd bet dollars to donuts the FBI already has a detailed profile of the perp, based on the voice and possible soil samples from the crime scene, and other factors. We can thank Liberty German for the images and voice evidence. The FBI have lingusitic experts obsessing over the audio.

That voice scared me, upon hearing it for the first time. Now? I'm angry. A 14 y/o everyday American girl had the guts, and the presence of mind, to record this turd. He's probably getting his rocks off about this, and it makes me angry. He will be caught, and the evidence that this beautiful, loving girl, caught on a cell phone, will be used to prosecute this .

How many crimes on WS have this kind of media evidence? I tuink it will be solved in a matter of months, LE have enough to nail this guy, it's just a matter of time before he's hauled in. Liberty German was able to do what, in my MOO, others were not able to do

I don't remember what, exactly, Rader said after he was caught, but it was similar to other cases. It was as if he wanted to be caught.

I apologize for this long-winded post, but sometimes I get one one of those stream of consciousness moments.

Apologies for detracting from the topic. Way back in the last thread...people are referring to a belly band. Is this what they are referring to? If so...my lord...this came well prepared. I noticed a logo on the pouch...it looks like a six point star. TIA

Onward->

View attachment 111601

Quoting myself here. Not convinced the logo is a star. More like five points. Perhaps an eagle?

FP.jpgEagle.jpg

I posted earlier that he could have confronted them about 'trespassing' on private land, posing as a figure of RR authority or some such ruse. Nevermind, I thought I had an idea about a fake badge at his hip, but reconsidered after looking at the photo.

If he was catfishing them, wouldn't his IP address show up on her phone/computer? I would imagine that LE can trace IP addresses and probably already has if that were the case.
I agree with everything else.

My guess is this guy is a social loser and probably a geek (no insult to geeks, I'm geeky myself). There are ways to cloak your ip address. I've been out of the field for a few years so there's probably even better ways now than there used to be.

Same here.

OK, it's time to 'out myself' a little, now that I feel comfortable about doing so. I'll start by stating that your side-by-side images of you and BG made me laugh. As in "I sit here by myself reading up on these horrible crimes on WS" LMAO kind of laugh, and I thank you for that. Since joining this great community last year, I haven't been amused on here, at all. Many people where I'm from would think I am a LE guy, by my look and demeanor. I'm not, but I 'notice' things about people. I'm observant.

My Marine background included quite a bit of security work baxk in the 90's. I did security sruff in Somalia and Liberia. We were trained, for hours on end, to observe behaviors in people. Observe, observe, observe. Notice changes, that sort of thing. A form of stalking, but in a fixed spot, because you're under orders to stay there. It wasn't my MOS, but part of missions I did in Africa.

BG is doing an "anticipatory move", as it's called. I agree 100% with your assessment. He had to make sure the coast was clear, looking around, pivoting, before he struck. They all do it, I've seen killers do it. I just never thought my military background would help me understand determined killers here in the U.S.

I could stop at 10 or so retail establishments between my house and i-69 at 3PM on a given afternoon like the one in question, and see several guys who look and may even sound like BG. Ever watch "King of the Hill". Half of the guys I've heard since moving here sound like Boomhauer (sp?) from that show. Rural America, in general.

I have a fascination with linguistics, and it ties in with my early childhood fascination with maps. Maps of dialects are interesting to me, as I heard quite a few while in the service 20 years ago. Mine is so severe, an African-American gentleman and Army retiree nailed it the firet weekend I lived in Columbia, SC. I may have asked him a question or whatever, he was behind the counter at an Advance Auto store. I was surprised when he said, he didn't even ask, "You must be from Rochester". I'm from Rochester, NY. He didn't ask, he just blurted it out. He knew, subconsciously and consciously I'm sure, where I'm from by one sentence which left my lips. My father was from Buffalo, my mother is from rural Western NY, so I at least would think my dialect, while severe in a way ;-), is a mixed bag. People in Rochester have said I sound like i'm from Buffalo. Well, my mom worked 2nd shift, so my dad would read to me when I was real little. So that had an influence. Yet a career military guy in SC nailed my dialect, after I asked a simple question. I went to public schools, and the vast majority of my teachers were from Rochester.

Let's face it, we're obsessive people here at WS. I went into manufacturing after the service, and my obsessive and observant nature has helped me on the job. I notice subtle changes in my environment, bordering on OCD. I see pictures on walls which are slightly off-kilter, and want to square them. At friends' and relatives' houses. I don't do it, of course, because it would come off as 'weird'.

I have news for people in this Forum, but I'm sure it's obvious to the admins, mods, long-time members, and founders of this great Forum. LE are counting on people like us to come forward with info which may be related to this horrid crime. Observant people. People who notice subtle changes in their environment, changes which take a little obsession and perhaps some problem solving to process.

I hear that voice, and I wonder if someone says or thinks to themselves "That sounds like so-and-so". Or, "Damn, that sounds like he could be from such-and-such a community". I'd bet dollars to donuts the FBI already has a detailed profile of the perp, based on the voice and possible soil samples from the crime scene, and other factors. We can thank Liberty German for the images and voice evidence. The FBI have lingusitic experts obsessing over the audio.

That voice scared me, upon hearing it for the first time. Now? I'm angry. A 14 y/o everyday American girl had the guts, and the presence of mind, to record this turd. He's probably getting his rocks off about this, and it makes me angry. He will be caught, and the evidence that this beautiful, loving girl, caught on a cell phone, will be used to prosecute this .

How many crimes on WS have this kind of media evidence? I tuink it will be solved in a matter of months, LE have enough to nail this guy, it's just a matter of time before he's hauled in. Liberty German was able to do what, in my MOO, others were not able to do

I don't remember what, exactly, Rader said after he was caught, but it was similar to other cases. It was as if he wanted to be caught.

I apologize for this long-winded post, but sometimes I get one one of those stream of consciousness moments.
100% with you. Do you like up the hill to the cemetary for the escape route? Or the iron bridge that you could get to by following the creek east?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have read references to BG being a "catfish" or a "cat fisher". What does this mean? Does it mean he could have been literally fishing or "noodling" for catfish? Or, does it just mean he is probably a mid west hick?

This if genuine wins.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I really do think those two sequenced photos are showing his actions right before he pulls a weapon on them and orders them off that south side of the bridge.

I think it is a knife though which may explain why they may have not been able to scream and may have done what he told them to because the shock of having a knife pulled on you I think is almost more frightening than a gun.

I do see what appears to be a gun in the pocket so it could have been a gun he pulled too.

Generally, what you've described is what I thought when the images were first posted.

He's on the verge of doing something. Anticipatory, maybe even making the 'first move'.

MOO is he planned this out in advance, folks.

This just popped into my head: The FBI and ISP have clearly not ruled out Bridge Guy (BG). Two weeks after the fact.

Here are my pics with a couple of digital adjustments. I changed the saturation and contrast to show there is no brown coloration on his right pelvis, leading me to believe it's a fanny pack. Increasing the saturation made the blues bluer and the browns browner. The three-dimensional characteristic is really obvious if you view it from a distance. IMO.

View attachment 111613 View attachment 111614 View attachment 111615

You can really see how very tightly he has his baseball cap bill rolled in the first image. I've noticed it in a few pics, but this takes the cake.

Generally, what you've described is what I thought when the images were first posted.

He's on the verge of doing something. Anticipatory, maybe even making the 'first move'.

MOO is he planned this out in advance, folks.

This just popped into my head: The FBI and ISP have clearly not ruled out Bridge Guy (BG). Two weeks after the fact.
From your background looking at these two pictures, can you tell if the BG is carrying a weapon under his jacket?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member