IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's this that gets me. What made them suspect runaways...

Surely their family members knew in their hearts that these girls would never even think to run away.

Something stinks here IMO.

Did everyone just go home for the night when the search was called off?

No, the main organized search was called off. Family, friends, and neighbords and property owners were still out searching from what I recall hearing and reading. Do you really think most parents would just take that for an answer and stop searching the first night? I don't think a parent would be able to live with themselves.

Does anybody else think (by now) that the FBI would have created a composite sketch using their technology from analyzing the video/photo that exists? The reason I say this, is regardless of how you change your clothing, it's much harder to change your "face". Just my opinion/thought/whatever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO if they relying on someone recognizing the person in the photos, there's a better chance of that using the existing photos rather than a guess which may be just off enough to convince someone that it's NOT the person they would have otherwise suspected. A sketch is always going to be a guess on some level. The photos ARE the guy. IMO a blurry certainty is more valuable than a crystal-clear guess, as far as someone recognizing someone they have personally interacted with. MOO.

No one in LE or the families said they thought the girls ran away.

Awh I am pretty sure it has been stated and rehashed a million times that they called off the search because they thought no one was in danger so, you know, I guess runaways comes to mind. I am not sure of the exact wording of the police statement because I am not going back through all these threads on my phone to grab it for you.

My point is, why did they think no one was in danger.

Maybe they thought the girls went to friends. I believe.they searched thru the night tho.

But isn't it normal for LE to first state (or wonder or assume) for teens they are runaways? It's frustrating, but I thought that was the norm for many LE in nearly all states.
I think that is sadly the thinking

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

It's this that gets me. What made them suspect runaways...

Surely their family members knew in their hearts that these girls would never even think to run away.

Something stinks here IMO.

Did everyone just go home for the night when the search was called off?

What stinks is when someone originally posts something as fact (not you) and it isn't.

Common sense must prevail people. The terrain wasn't easily navigated and it was pitch black out.

Monday night: A large search effort involving volunteers and multiple law enforcement agencies gets underway. They scour the area in an attempt to find Liberty and Abigail. The search is called off due to darkness.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timelin...iberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

I've seen several comment there is nothing left to sleuth. Focus, determination, don't give up. Keep analyzing the photo search for related missing persons in the area of the same age. Somebody in Delphi hit the hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Mom and Pop) see if anybody may have bought rope, zip ties...someone they've never seen before. There is still plenty left to sleuth.

Importance of a tip:

A few years back my husband was on inspections in Philadelphia for work. He could come home only every two weeks. I decided to drive down for a weekend. On the turnpike I stopped at a restaurant-gas vendor stop. There I seen two men in uniform.. One was on the phone the other stood at parade rest as if blocking the way to the phones. They stood out to me because my husband comes from a military family and still worked in government and has all his life...

Later that week Timothy McVeigh bombed the McMurray Building. I kept watching it on television later that week when they were asking for people to call... I was laying in bed one night and I thought I am calling the FBI about those two soldiers. I had seen them get in a yellow car. But first of all I noticed the soldier guarding the phones did not really have military boots on.

I called and someone called me back. They said they knew for a fact that Timothy McVeigh was traveling that area...They asked me what rest stop I seen him at and if I remembered what phone he was using.

So you see someone could of seen something. Maybe it is bothering them like it did me. Maybe they will lay there one night and decide to call and it will be something important.

Where I saw Timothy McVeigh at was not far from where he was buying the fertilizer...

I was just stopping to go to the restroom with my little boy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are about to do a segment on ABC news for those interested.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

No, the main organized search was called off. Family, friends, and neighbords and property owners were still out searching from what I recall hearing and reading. Do you really think most parents would just take that for an answer and stop searching the first night? I don't think a parent would be able to live with themselves.

If you could just give me a bit of credit here, no I do not "really" think that most parents would stop searching.

I am asking questions to which I don't know the answer to, I mean, I don't "really" think someone would murder two young girls in broad daylight but unfortunately that happened.

I am wondering about the specifics in this aftermath, I don't know if the parents stayed looking, that is all I am asking.

Drowning, strangulation or blunt force trauma are my opinions. What tears me apart the most is why could they not be identified until the autopsy was performed? My father was a Detective in Texas for almost 30 years, my brother has been one for the last 10, neither of them has had to have a body identified through autopsy. IMO, if they would release some detail about the condition of the bodies or the COD, that person sitting on the fence might just be swayed.

I read early on that the autopsy is Indiana standard procedure before making identification. I will look up and link to that info.

Awh I am pretty sure it has been stated and rehashed a million times that they called off the search because they thought no one was in danger so, you know, I guess runaways comes to mind. I am not sure of the exact wording of the police statement because I am not going back through all these threads on my phone to grab it for you.

My point is, why did they think no one was in danger.

Search was called off due to darkness but family and friends continued to search.

But isn't it normal for LE to first state (or wonder or assume) for teens they are runaways? It's frustrating, but I thought that was the norm for many LE in nearly all states.

Maybe so, I am on the other side of the world to you guys so my thinking could be a little different as I don't know the protocols over there.

I guess that could be it too..

I never heard that LE stopped the search that night assuming the girls had run away. Do you have a link for that?

<modsnip>

My point is, they called off the search that first night. Regardless of the reason, it was a TERRIBLE decision. I can't believe they didn't keep looking. Darkness is no excuse. There are plenty of portable lighting options.

If it had been a 7 and 8 year old who were missing, would they have called the search off? I don't think so. So them being teenagers influenced that decision, IMO.

If you could just give me a bit of credit here, no I do not "really" think that most parents would stop searching.

I am asking questions to which I don't know the answer to, I mean, I don't "really" think someone would murder two young girls in broad daylight but unfortunately that happened.

I am wondering about the specifics in this aftermath, I don't know if the parents stayed looking, that is all I am asking.

If you haven't already, there is a timeline and all the links posted on the first page of every thread. :fence:

Does anyone have a link handy for when the new highway (Hoosier Heartland I think) took the semi traffic out of downtown Delphi and gave them the town back? I think it was mentioned last night. Thanks! I honestly don't have time to look for it.

<modsnip>

My point is, they called off the search that first night. Regardless of the reason, it was a TERRIBLE decision. I can't believe they didn't keep looking. Darkness is no excuse. There are plenty of portable lighting options.

If it had been a 7 and 8 year old who were missing, would they have called the search off? I don't think so. So them being teenagers influenced that decision, IMO.

I don't think it would have made any difference. Abducted children are almost always killed within two hours of the abduction, usually before they have been reported missing.

Does anybody else think (by now) that the FBI would have created a composite sketch using their technology from analyzing the video/photo that exists? The reason I say this, is regardless of how you change your clothing, it's much harder to change your "face". Just my opinion/thought/whatever...

I agree I find it hard to believe they have not done anything with that photo. Is this the best that it could be enhanced? How far away was he then? I find it difficult to believe they cannot sharpen it better. No digital sketch? Nothing?

They have not even given an exact time of the 2 separate photos. They should be time stamped. Were the photos within seconds of each other or was there a time gap? This may jog a memory in someone if they know it was around 2:35 pm versus sometime Monday. Or if it was this pic was at 1:50 pm and that pic was 2:15 pm.

Just seems some of the most basic info is not out there in the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop