IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely right. I've seen that happen with a lot of cases on here. We've had thousands of posts, theorizing everything from sex trafficking to aliens, and it's turned out to be a murder/suicide (I am thinking of the Jamison case in Oklahoma, although that was never definitively proven). People are complicated but most of these cases are usually pretty simple. I think that BG is someone they've already interviewed or someone that knew the family. I think LE probably knows more than they are saying and might even have a few strong POIs and are keeping things tight-lipped for the integrity of the case. In a lot of these cases, the culprit was someone who was interviewed right at the beginning. Look at Jessica Heeringa's case. We were starting to think that it might never be solved. Or the poor McStay family. People were off chasing theories all over the country and, in both cases, it ended up being someone they'd talked to in the very beginning. And, in the McStay family's case, one of the biggest faces of the case.

That's not to say that I don't like theorizing. It's fun and I want to try to help. As a crime author, it's kind of what I do-sit around and look at evidence, theories, and listen to everyone's ideas. In this one, though, as with most, I do truly feel that O's Razor is probably true.

Oooo you write about crime, my dream, how awesome!

I completely agree that it's fun to theorize, it's a great brain exercise, stretching and reaching and developing new angles, I love hearing people's ideas and I too have been known to hop aboard the crazy train theory from time to time. But just as you said at the end of the day, it's those closest to home.

I too believe (and have from the start) it's someone local...and someone they have surely crossed paths with. Nin did some interesting work the other night that helped solidify that for me...hoping when the case breaks wide open we will get to discuss!

Wow. That map set off a few alarms in my head. It looks like Abby lived extremely close to the whole bridge/crime scene place. I had always assumed that both girls lived way over to the west of 25, otherwise why would someone go to the trouble of dropping them off and then picking them up while so close to Abby's house? I figured that the bridge must be a real drive from their houses. Libby's grandparents don't live that far from the bridge, either. So now the entire group of people. from perp to victims to families, are all crowded - more or less - into one small area of land. Does this ruffle anyone else?
Oh yeah.

If the person doesn't agree to a DNA test, LE would have to get a warrant. They would have to have pretty good probable cause to get one. Unfortunately, lying isn't a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lying to a federal officer, though, is.

I agree that it's usually the most simple answer and I do not think for a minute these murders have anything to do with sex trafficking, child *advertiser censored*, etc. I think it was simply a man with an urge to kill and two girls who had the very bad luck to cross paths with him that day.

I have to say - it is driving me crazy how many men I have seen pictures of that look like they *could* be the BG. Like every darned man in Indiana must look like BG...or so it seems. There are so many people who I think *could* be the killer just going off the picture and this very common appearance he seems to possess - sex offenders, odd people around Delphi whose FB pages I have seen, Delphi residents in TV news stories in the past and present -- even LE and family! At this point, based only on the picture, I have about 15 suspects - and that's just the ones I have run across myself. I can't imagine living around there - going to the grocery store or gas station or even to church and seeing BG's likeness in so many men around me.

It is uncanny and Ive noticed that too.

Just wish the released photos would have been clearer to help everyone.

"Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be."
<> snip

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

Disgusting. Only one reason to lie about an alibi. It is a shame that folks will lie to LE without blinking an eye even though LE is searching for a killer of two young girls. What is being secreted from the police and why?

Agree about the map that showed one of the girls lived closer to the bridge than I had ever realized. That made me more convinced the perp is likely to be local.

The other day I was thinking he had left town.

Now Im hoping he is behind bars already and LE is making the case for charges.

Agree about the map that showed one of the girls lived closer to the bridge than I had ever realized. That made me more convinced the perp is likely to be local.

Can someone re-post the map and/or direct me to the post so I can see it. Sounds like I missed something good.

tia

I have thought from day one that he was a local. I am getting a feeling maybe he is even closer. I really hope he wasn't close to the family. UGH. JMO

Can someone re-post the map and/or direct me to the post so I can see it. Sounds like I missed something good.

tia

Its touchy because I dont want to break TOS rules. All I can say is a few pages back someone did share a map that seemed to show an overhead land view that seemed to show they lived real close to bridge area.

I think 0.8 miles or so. Sounded like walking distance almost to me.

tia

Here is Nin's post
Today, 11:58 AM

No it's not
user-offline.png
that simple

Join DateJul 2015LocationFLORIDAPosts3,121​

Abby

I was looking up Abby's address. The obituary will help in identifying the correct location.

The first address to come up is only about o.8 miles (!) from the High Bridge. Please remember not to publicly sleuth any family members of the victims.

attachment.php

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jco...&pid=184160552

Source:
Google Earth

-Nin

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 116
So LE thinks they might have interviewed the guy? But didn't recognize the voice?

I just realized that the mentions that have been made about meth labs is very telling IMO. But I can't talk about why.

I know the fw man who was arrested by federal authorities is not a local but I would be interested in just hearing his voice in Federal Court Tuesday. I wonder why he left his salt and pepper facial hair whenever he shaved his head. Of course DNA will tell the tale.

Has anyone noticed any of your PERSONAL POI's facebook pages being erased? There was one guy who I thought stood an uncanny resemblance, but his facebook page has now disappeared. I actually just want to get a feel for how many other people may have been sleuthing this guy. So, if you had POI in your own personal opinion that has now deleted their Facebook page, please let me know!

Has anyone noticed any of your PERSONAL POI's facebook pages being erased? There was one guy who I thought stood an uncanny resemblance, but his facebook page has now disappeared. I actually just want to get a feel for how many other people may have been sleuthing this guy. So, if you had POI in your own personal opinion that has now deleted their Facebook page, please let me know!

I know I'll get this question... I did send my tip in, but I had sent them my POI (IMO)'s facebook page link.

Child *advertiser censored*. There are some really twisted minds out there.

I must agree, it seems every man in Indiana looks like BG.

Wouldn't a voice sound a bit different from behind a bandana or mask? I think he is wearing one or the other in the audio. Just saying. The fuzzy voice may be from behind a few layers of cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55