IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree it's quite a stretch, even if you only consider his age. Still, something's going on for sure. IMO we won't get much more info tonight. If RL is directly connected there's no reason for LE to act on anything until his probation violation hearing since he's safely in jail for the time being. However, if they make other arrests I think we'll hear right away.

I agree, something's going on. But this case has been so ALL over the place with LE at first acting so weird and tight lipped like they really had a good handle on who did this and it was only a matter of time (and parents should "know what their kids are doing). Then they went to the nationwide billboard blitz and that huge reward started building. Now they are serving a search warrant mere steps away from where the bodies were found.

Does LE really know what they're doing here?? The billboards are REALLY throwing me off.

Could be both families. Some quotes posted last week that seem more relevant, IMO, tonight:

“Basically, what we’re trying to do is eliminate those who we know are not the suspect and then create another row where these people could be somebody we need to look at,” Riley said.

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/16/police-...girls-murders/

"I haven’t really had a chance to let it soak in," Logan said after a brief pause to think about the day's events. "I know the families.”

http://www.11alive.com/news/teens-fo...rail/408944834

Neither page can be accessed..."not found or error"

Sorry if this has been posted. If not, some interesting remarks by Carroll County Prosecutor Ives, who's approved subpoenas and warrants for the case (the indirect reference to RL is also interesting):

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

I have not see that article. This was particularly interesting to me:

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.

“No arrest is imminent,” he said. “No case is close to being developed.”

Inside Edition video that includes RL saying "Down the hill" at about 1:23:

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

I think RL purposely changed "hill" to sound more breezy/cheerful.

He definitely did not use a stern, no nonsense tone.

I can make my Hoosier accent/tone sound like "down the hill-ah" like I'm giving loved ones directions

I can also remove that tone and sound stern like I'm directing a misbehaving toddler. Two whole different voices.

I cannot get past the idea of how foolish would it be to leave the girls on your own land. I think that you would put them in the water and let the stream carry them away, even if a little ways and not transfer them to the water from your property, BTW
Maybe there was no time to move them because searchers were right there in the woods.

Can someone tell me please why this sort of massive search didn't happen the week the bodies were found? He owns a large amount of property and I would think that would take much longer to search vs. simply searching where the bodies were found. Ex.- barns, etc. Why was this not searched nearly 5 weeks ago? Technically where they were found is on his property.

I feel bad his name is being dragged through the mud so much. Now if someone is living with him or he has a hired-hand, it would make sense. Yet a search that is still much delayed.

I think they believed his alibi, most likely checked his alibi waaaaaayyyyyyyy back at the beginning. I mean, wouldn't that be Law Enforcement 101? Check alibi of property owner where bodies were found? And because it checked out, they didn't go any further with searching his property. Were there any search warrants issued for any of his neighbors on W300N? I can't recall any. MOO

When they arrested him for the probation violation last week, maybe the conducted a search at that time. I think I recall that they did............. I'll have to research.

Pictures allegedly of a relative are being posted on social media and people are sentencing this individual already. They might have nothing to with it I wish people wouldn't rush to judgment like this and possibly ruin an innocent persons reputation.

Are they looking for a murder weapon or trophy do you think?

Well, that does it. You are now officially, Mr. Awesome. I couldn't agree more. This lady won't be eating any crow pie. Don't like it lol.

From searching previously i thought RLs camo hat was def BG hat and the way RL wore a hoodie and a jacket too. However the voice for me saying down the hill sounds younger and why would anyone leave someone they killed on their property to be found. Some things make no sense.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Maybe not "stupid" if your DNA, footprints and handprints are expected to be found all over the place. Sort of ruins their evidentiary value.

Excellent point and shoots holes in a response to a post that I just submitted implying how foolish it would be to leave the girls on your own property.:thinking:

Remember yesterday, when the thread slowed a bit and we hit the first lull of the case? Aye aye aye!

I'm on the fence about RL's involvement, but these are interesting developments, huh?

Websight.... I demand a Cliff notes version of your lost eloquence. Demand it! ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hahaha! Sorry we'll never get to read that post. Happens to the best of us.
But what I wanted to mention was that there was an incident where RL reported someone trespassing on his property (a barn IIRC) a few years ago. A senior citizen with a lot of acreage (he has 40, I think) isn't as likely to be working the land as he did when younger and transients or burglars can slip into the picture there. Maybe an old or abandoned vehicle is the place where the girls were taken at first... Just spinning my wheels... MOO

I saw that too. In 2014.

"April 26, 9:49 p.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Ron Logan reported finding a person in his barn who was not authorized to be there. The unidentified person fled the barn prior to police arrival. The suspect was not located. Liggett investigated."

From
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-05-21/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

They are accusing a very close relative on FB of being BG too now with no basis to do so.

If RL was in Lafayette, Indiana buying tropical fish surely the staff could verify this or they may have CCTV. I have fish when you buy them at the aquarium shop you have to go straight home they can't sit in the plastic bags for hours so that narrows the time he would have to be home.
A while back one of the officers said RL was at his Probation appt. in Lafayette but maybe RL doesn't want to say that on TV. The police know where he was

O/T but if anyone wanted to know. Robert Fabian has been indicted for the murder of Zuzu Verk. Finally! I've been that caught up on this case I missed it

*Bad skibs*

This is all speculation by me:
I think new evidence was found that caused LE to reexamine RL's alibi. Maybe the alibi seemed solid at first but once they had this new evidence and checked the alibi deeper it was not so solid.

Here's a twist... (speculation, just a what if) what if it is not his alibi for the 13th that they can not confirm, but his story of wherever he went on the morning of the 14th?

They should be able to confirm for the 13th based on his buying fish. But, he was also gone the next morning. Hmmm...

I do not think RL murdered these girls. But, everything that has gone on the past week has further strengthened my own (speculative) theory that "down the hill" could have referred to down the hill from another part of his property. Even if not, I still think that the perp used another part of the property in carrying out this terrible crime.

Maybe LE's references to the "likelihood" and probability that there are multiple persons involved indicates that someone helped BG to leave the area.

The entire property was reportedly searched but I'm assuming that only included the land.

"Officials searched every inch of Logan’s 40 acres and the woods behind the nearby Morning Heights Cemetery which is just across the stream from the Monon High Bridge, the last spot the girls were seen."

https://www.fox59.com/2017/02/16/de...-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/amp/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks Momma2cam. I have been looking for something that says there was/was not an earlier search. This will do

Hi, there was a tweet showing pictures and one of the pictures showed a white truck from RL's property being towed on a flatbed, that tweet will be on the previous thread but I don't know how far back. But, it is true, the truck has been towed. HTH?
Thanks for replying. I finally found the info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en