IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electronic billboards are already up so how much additional cost could it be to change the message & graphics?

I do know the answer to this one...

The FBI’s National Digital Billboard Initiative, began in 2007 in Philadelphia when a graduate of the FBI’s Citizens Academy—who happened to be an executive with Clear Channel Outdoor—offered to provide free space on the company’s digital billboards to help catch criminals and rescue missing children....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The court hearing was postponed at the request of his attorney. New date is unknown. Link has been posted many times before (sorry don't have it handy).

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ok thx everybody, you all are the best, been busy but haven't forgotten why we are all here....[emoji120]

The FBI’s National Digital Billboard Initiative, began in 2007 in Philadelphia when a graduate of the FBI’s Citizens Academy—who happened to be an executive with Clear Channel Outdoor—offered to provide free space on the company’s digital billboards to help catch criminals and rescue missing children....

Thanks. I couldn't remember the name of the company.

When asked about the image of the suspect, he said: "It's such poor quality, it doesn't look like anyone I’ve ever seen."

Police have not revealed what led them to search his home but said in a statement: "We are basically here to eliminate him or put him as a higher suspect in our case."

Logan told Inside Edition he is devastated by the discovery of the bodies*on his property.

“That was like being hit with a bolt of lightning. On my property! You just can't put words to it,” he said.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/in...y-where-ind-teens-bodies-were-found/423802139

I'm sure it's been noted before, but this could be him establishing a history of why he didn't recognize someone that he may actually recognize.

Hey everyone, I'll be closing this thread in about 15 minutes so heads up.

This is where I am coming from.... You need to read up on another case on here (Dr Tersea Sievers). There were so many other avenues that the case brought up and it is a mess from family dysfunctions to drug convictions and so forth and so forth. The current case we are talking about is being diverted to a man who is suffering from alcohol issues and the issues that follow it such as poor family relations to routine court appearances if it is a severe addiction. The man could probably have his own thread on WS but a lot of us do not think he is the BG. The crime just happened to land on a property owner's land that happened to have a criminal record. It could have been another landowner who had no criminal record but infidelity issues. The media jumped on this search warrant because of his past issues. What about the other properties that were searched. We have heard nada from LE and LE even stated that the property owner is not a sp. I need to see evidence before I convict a man of a heinous crime.
I can see your point. That said, LE came out and specifically said others being searched were not suspects and to leave them alone. In the current SW, LE has said he is not a suspect "at this time" and he is not currently incarcerated for charges related to the double homicide "at this time." LE has also said they are looking to clear him from the crimes or move him higher as a suspect than "originally" thought. That combined with the bodies being found on his property, the removal of a vehicle and "armful" of stuff, this SW seems a bit different to me as I just follow LE's lead.

It is JMO but I wonder if at least one of the other search warrants may have been related to the current warrant. MOO.

I'm still very much on the fence and do worry about the negative impact if he's not involved. I'm doubtful we will hear anything until lab results are in. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

When asked about the image of the suspect, he said: "It's such poor quality, it doesn't look like anyone I’ve ever seen."

It's all in the wording.

I just have to say that I have known a lot of functional alcoholics, as customers, friends, family and as clients and they are never the ones that get arrested for DUI because they start drinking at 3pm and are asleep somewhere by 7pm. The occasional drinker who has one too many will get caught because they don't drink all the time. And in all the years, I have never had a young DUI in my office, they were always middle aged or elderly. Go figure.

RL has made some mistakes very late in life, with the key words being 'very late in life'. However, not only did he serve our country in the military, he graduated college and that would have been a remarkable feat in the '50's. Not everyone got to go to college then. There weren't any student loan programs, except the GI Bill. We do not know that he farmed for a living but I rather doubt it because he has only 40 acres and as you can see, most of it is wooded. He likely had a career and this was just some country land passed down to him that he loved and loved living on. It is beautiful and in such a nice little town. Who wouldn't want to live there on the river?

We know he loves that piece of property.

His son visited on weekends, so he was likely divorced when much younger, remarried and divorced again when he was in his 70's. Traumatic? You bet. He obviously loves horses and dogs, bought himself a new truck some time ago and was probably quite content in retirement until they divorced. Then the drinking and driving came. Gee. Why am I not surprised that his behavior reflected the soul shifting reality that he was 72 and alone? Am I the only one who sees him as a person here?

And he doesn't know the exact words to say in response to media questions that will satisfy everyone who might parse his every syllable. Who would?

I do not believe that RL is BG. He is just caught up in the investigation because BG chose RL's property.

If someone murdered 2 little girls in the woods at the rear of my property where my kids played when they were young, in broad daylight, while I was home and then my property was declared a crime scene and was searched for days by goodness knows how many people, 'raped' would be exactly the word I would use to describe how I felt.

Horrified. Stunned. Shocked. Frightened. Violated. Loss of sense of safety. Loss of peace. Loss of place. It would be a horizon-shifting event.

I am praying for RL, he is a victim too. I hope they do not send him to jail to serve his sentence for the DUI, he will lose everything. He needs help, not condemnation.

Don't forget to discuss the restraining order he had against him in 2013, OK?

I've mentioned here before that my brother (younger) is an alcoholic. He is sober now but at the end, any help I had been willing to give him had run out. I have very little patience for people who habitually let me down.

With that history in mind I can honestly say I don't feel sorry for RL one bit, not even if he didn't murder anyone.

If he loses anything (someone said earlier they hope he doesn't go to jail because he'll lose everytging and needs help and not condemnation) it's through his own actions. I'm sure people have tried to help him numerous times and his goodwill with people has run out. I have no patience for habitual criminals. Drinking and driving could kill people just as easily. He's been given multiple chances. If he goes to jail now then that's the price he pays.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The FBI has formal partnerships with OAAA, Clear Channel Outdoor, Lamar Advertising Company, Outfront Media (formerly CBS Outdoor), Adams Outdoor Advertising, the Fairway Media Group, CEMUSA, and the Outdoor Advertising Association of Georgia. All these organizations—including other digital advertisers who informally support the program—have been critical to the success of numerous investigative efforts, because digital billboards are extremely effective in reaching the public with information about fugitives, missing persons, and public safety issues.

This is what is used immediately for Amber Alerts

-

He's no Victim, he lied to Police, and may have done irreparable harm to the case. Many of these cases are never solved. That is a real danger here.

-

Yes he lied, because he was thinking he was going to get in trouble for breaking his probation rules. HE didn't think about the consequences and didn't look at the big picture of his actions and where it landed in the hands of the murder investigation. I want the BG to be caught, I just don't think RL is the guy. RL has a lot of issues in regards to his sobriety

Thanks very much for the info. A few questions: The ravine from the cemetery to the bridge - is it a path that you could tell people had used before? Were there other people out and about or crossing the bridge when you were there? Were you able to see the crime scene from the bridge through the trees? What kind of sounds could you hear when crossing the bridge? At the southeast end, did you go down the hill to the creek or no?
As for the ravine i had to view a topigraphical map because google earth wasnt clear due to tree canopy. When i arrived at the end of the bridge i did not go down to the river. The were signs and yellow tape so i didnt go. I did look and could see a possible path down to a gravel drive and then another decline down to a flat area that leads to the water. A short walk up the bank to find a shallow area to cross would have been easily possible.other people were there. A few teenagers were talking about the crime but obviously hadnt read anything about it. Some other couples stopped by. Walking dogs etc. Nothing exceptional. If i were an investigator i would have surveillance on this area 24/7. After BG has his cooling off period there is a high probability he will return to relive that day. Im sorry but i feel like tunnel vision has set in and LE is dropping the ball on this. No disrespect just my observation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but I don't think RL is BG. I could be wrong, heck I've been wrong before.
The images are so badly distorted that I'd be surprised if those images where in fact RL.
I'm sure we'll know soon enough though.

I don't feel the need to hang RL out to dry just because he's been arrested on a probation violation and has had past trouble. I think sometimes people forget that we as the public aren't playing with a full deck of cards. We don't know what LE knows, we only know what they've told us. I'm willing to bet they know a lot more then any of us here. They likely have much more evidence and audio but we as the public have only been given two poor still images and a few words to go on.

There's a chance that BG could walk by any of us right now and we wouldn't recognize him as BG. There's no doubt that those images where poor quality.

It's all in the wording.

I must say, if someone had asked me if it look like anyone I knew, I would have responded exactly the same way he did.
I cant find anything guilty about it. Jmo

RL definitely used the word "pristine" to describe the site where the bodies were discovered. From the very first second I heard that, I thought: "what an odd comment from this person." I wondered, does that mean no blood? No evidence? Wiped clean? Out in the woods...it was hard to imagine a "pristine" murder site for two young women. Before OR after discovery and police involvement. One minute the location is described as "pristine"...then he uses the word "raped" to describe his property. Hmmm...

I don't know if it's where I'm from or what, but neither of those words really strike me as strange. Pristine, to me, means untouched or undisturbed. It is not a weird word. If I walked down there and didn't see any blood or broken branches or disturbed turf, and someone asked me the condition of the area, I may use the word pristine, too. Raped while sensitive to this situation, is one I have heard used in the context in which he used it many times. He may have had no idea whether they were or were not sexually assaulted or even considered it and though it probably wouldn't have been my first choice of word, I don't find it all that weird that he would use it meaning violated. I guess I just don't read into it as much as some people or I was raised in a part of the country where those words are more commonly used? Not really sure.

I've mentioned here before that my brother (younger) is an alcoholic. He is sober now but at the end, any help I had been willing to give him had run out. I have very little patience for people who habitually let me down.

With that history in mind I can honestly say I don't feel sorry for RL one bit, not even if he didn't murder anyone.

If he loses anything (someone said earlier they hope he doesn't go to jail because he'll lose everytging and needs help and not condemnation) it's through his own actions. I'm sure people have tried to help him numerous times and his goodwill with people has run out. I have no patience for habitual criminals. Drinking and driving could kill people just as easily. He's been given multiple chances. If he goes to jail now then that's the price he pays.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Alcohol changes some people, too.

To the point where they injure others. Of course, many do not have that side with alcohol.

Thank you.

I suspect it was a rhetorical question, but.... Thank you .

Some of the assumptions being made are trampling all over the borders of libel issues. (Posters -- please be careful.)

Many people who face driving under the influence charges are not alcoholics and are also people who would not generally be considered as having an ongoing problem with alcohol.

The court proceedings in relation to the land owner are in the public domain. I do not think anyone can be held libel for discussing what is in a public court document but outside of that maybe yes. JMHO

I'll try posting this again - having major computer issues. I live less than one hour away from Delphi, and the population in my small town is less than Delphi.

Anyway, we have three unsolved murders...A kid was shot in the head while mowing a business in town, A mother & her four children were victims of arson, and, a mother & her young daughter were shot to dead in their front yard.

We also had the "Honeybee" killer who shot one of my FIL's close friends.

I guess the point that I'm trying to make, we never had any assistance from any other authorities.
My in small town, we still have three unsolved murders.
Re. The "Honeybee" killer, local LE arrested the WRONG person.

I'm just so disgusted, Libby got a pic and his voice, all but the sick SOB's name and it still isn't enough to get this guy. All I can do is pray, which is what I will do.

I must say, if someone had asked me if it look like anyone I knew, I would have responded exactly the same way he did.
I cant find anything guilty about it. Jmo

You didn't lie to the Police in a Murder investigation, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper