IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing the bottom of a hoodie. Web Sight, can any additional enhancements be done without further distortion? Great work BTW!

So...you're saying that the LE created the photo but didn't have it quite put back together right? Wow. So that also could be why we've seen the blue edge we've wondered if it was Abby's jacket just ahead of him. MOO

IMO, what you're seeing is the camera's rolling shutter (see my post above). This is very common in cameras. A moving object can separate across frames because the camera isn't exposing the entire scene at once (the shutter is rolling as opposed to global).

This is why it's common these days to see (in TV shows, low-budget movies, etc) camera flashes create blocks. The flash will fill only half the screen in one frame and the other half in another frame. Same effect is sometimes noticeable with Police car roof lights. They appear to be broken up.

It can also make a ball appear oval instead of round and guitar strings appear to wave and warp (as additional examples).

Nothing nefarious going on here, IMO.

Quoting my own post. (I know, it's lame)...I wanted to add something:

If LE came out tomorrow and said that they arrested and charged RL with the murders of Libby/Abby, you know what I would say? I would say, "Woooohooo! They caught the killer!"

I need hard evidence, facts, and proof. Supposition, innuendo, "gut feelings" and the outrageous stretching of information to suit one's own theory doesn't do it for me.

I know! I also 100% agree. I have a feeling this case is a convoluted mess and once investigators start putting the pieces together, IMO, and solve it, it might be there is more going on than just the lone man on the bridge Libby filmed. Time will tell though. I only hope it doesn't take years.

Just wondering, WebSight... could the rest of his body be distorted as well?

To me there is appears to be an issue with the right side of his upper torso (the right arm). It is disproportionate to the left side. I can't justify just reducing it without having a line to work with which would prove to me that it was wrongly lined up in the first place. I have only worked with his face so far, which, to me, was obviously misaligned.

Also I have never done this kind of thing in my life so not always sure what I am looking at/for!! I am going to keep looking at the photo and working with it. If I find something I will post it here.
:fence:

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

“At this time just because we’re serving a search warrant and he’s in jail, I don’t want people to make that connection that he’s under arrest for double homicide because he’s not at this time,” said Sgt. Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police.

A judge granted a warrant for investigators to search his home and everything on the 40-acre property. But investigators would not share what piece of evidence gave them probable cause.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”

Investigators said they searched around a dozen homes trying to eliminate and rule people out in connection to the murders.

“We served multiple search warrants so far, and search warrants and evidence can either exonerate a person or maybe require law enforcement to take a closer look,” Slocum*said. “But at this time Ron Logan is not under arrest for the double homicides of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.”

We are not sleuthing the other 11 people for whom probable cause search warrants were issued.

Slocum seems to be making a general statement about exoneration or taking a closer look, which applies to everyone not just RL.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
We (general we) are not saying he is arrested for double homicide, however the other known SW's were greeted with an immediate statement this has nothing to do with the murders. They have not done this with RL.

To me me that's odd. My issue with all of this is it just doesn't look like him on the bridge. RL's belly, hips and legs appear much bigger, imo.

However, according to LE they have yet to clear him at this time, where others they have.

To me there is appears to be an issue with the right side of his upper torso (the right arm). It is disproportionate to the left side. I can't justify just reducing it without having a line to work with which would prove to me that it was wrongly lined up in the first place. I have only worked with his face so far, which, to me, was obviously misaligned.

Also I have never done this kind of thing in my life so not always sure what I am looking at/for!! I am going to keep looking at the photo and working with it. If I find something I will post it here.
I think that isn't his arm on the right side. Looking closely at the jacket, I see a sort of a disguise.

Yes, one always needs a reference! Otherwise, it's almost impossible to know what's right or wrong in this case. You've got a good eye for this IMO!

The dark streak (the 'abby jacket') always looked like a cloning artifact to me, as if they were stamping or erasing something out and that streak was actually from a different portion of the frame (a part of BG's jacket or a tree or who know's what). But I don't know why they'd do that except to remove distraction. It's just a guess on my part, but it's what it looked like to me the first time I saw the picture.

RSBM
But I wonder why LE has not done this? I wonder what could be the reason for not making this simple adjustment, IDK.:thinking:

Do you have an idea but would rather not get into it, or do you really not know? I couldn't tell by your comment, apologies. And great work.
No, I really do not know! Why wouldn't they make that adjustment? It puzzles me really.:confused:

The topic of why the bodies were there on that site puzzles me. Could be that the perp did not have the means or the time to take them to a different location. Or, it could be they wanted the bodies found, perhaps making a statement of some kind.
Yes same for me

Yes, one always needs a reference! Otherwise, it's almost impossible to know what's right or wrong in this case. You've got a good eye for this IMO!

The dark streak (the 'abby jacket') always looked like a cloning artifact to me, as if they were stamping or erasing something out and that streak was actually from a different portion of the frame (a part of BG's jacket or a tree or who know's what). But I don't know why they'd do that except to remove distraction. It's just a guess on my part, but it's what it looked like to me the first time I saw the picture.

There is an S shaped blur out in the pic of BG (in front of him) as he steps away from the side of the the bridge. IMO.

Can you line it up so the tree branches or other reference points match? In your first attempt with the side of the face it looks like you did that with a branch on the right side of the photo.

Is there a way to research to see if RL has a legal concealed carry permit for a firearm?
If you're convicted of a felony you're required to turn in your permit and you can't get one if you're a convicted felon. If RL had a permit - it wasn't valid. MOO

Seriously thinking about the trucking industry on this one...main highways and truck stops very nearby where the young ladies were taken. This supports a crime of opportunity theory, but think the individual knew where they would be, either by social media, or eavesdropping in a public place. There is a packing company nearby, trucks coming and going. Driver maybe knew the area, had a couple hours down. Probably relatively close to his home state, but far enough from it to escape suspicion. My first time posting, but this case has been burning my mind.

LE waited Five weeks to back and search parts of his property. 5 weeks. That's a huge delay on LE's part given they were found on his land.

I don't know how people have the energy to go 'round and 'round about RL so much each day. I guess for me it would be easier if we actually knew more.

Nice work. What you're seeing in the original picture sounds like "rolling shutter." One of the symptoms of rolling shutter is this:

"The image bends diagonally in one direction or another as the camera or subject moves from one side to another, exposing different parts of the image at different times. Skew is a minor manifestation of the wobble phenomenon described above."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter

Thanks for explaining that to me! And thanks for the link!

I have never done any of this kind of thing before so I didn't really know what was causing it but it did seem in this case an easy fix. .

I've been watching my own 13 year old the last few days and how she handles her phone. I think it's very possible the video of BG was upside down. Thus the photo stills they made had to start out that way. I don't know if that matters. When she puts her phone in her jacket pocket, its top-in, facing her. If she then takes it from her pocket to begin carrying it, the natural grab is to pull it out, just dropping the hand. This puts it upside down in her hand, facing backward. I think this is how she'd try to surreptitiously video someone walking behind her if she was walking away from them.

Thanks for the comment!

Here is BG's face-aligned full length photo:

attachment.php

Very good photo reconstruction, WebSight.
This is my first post, and I'm not sure if this is allowed, but right now he's looking a little like Nick Offerman from Parks & Recreation. And I only mean he resembles him, not that I think BG is him.

My Opinion Only.

So basically today is all about RL again?

It's probably not going to be silent on these threads, I think, when it comes to RL until he is cleared by LE. Especially when there is apparently new info about him like a protective order?

Regardless, there is good reason why there's focus on him. As I have stated many times, I don't know if he's involved in any way but it's logical to look at him:

1. Bodies were found on his property.
2. His voice sounds like the audio to many people.
3. He gave interviews some found slightly odd.
4. His build and style match BG to many people. (There's a reason the reporter asked him to repeat the BG words).
5. He is the ONLY person LE gave specific interviews about.
6. A search warrant of his home and property was issued based on probable cause.
7. As unrelated to murder as it may be, he has a criminal history and apparently DV protective order in his past.
8. LE stated they were looking to clear RL or deem him a suspect. He has not been cleared.

I don't post or read here much anymore because there's no new news. But until there is I can't count the guy out.

It seems some are pretty upset by mention of RL on the threads. That's kind of interesting because usually sleuthers are intent on sleuthing as many people as allowable that have any proximity to the crime. Which is what LE does.

I think that my be for two reasons. One, people can become super vested in their theories and kind of experience confirmation bias. IMO w all do that. And we can feel annoyed when others don't see things our way once we become certain about something.

Two, before all this came out about RL, people saw his interviews and felt sorry for him. They saw him as a kindly, and befuddled grandfather type who experienced something terrible on his property. It's super difficult to move from that to considering that he may have a connection.

IMO there's a defensiveness on the threads that is related to the above. I think that's illustrated by the fact that people like me who are not accusing RL and are not saying we think he is guilty, but just that he should be considered until he is cleared, are referred to as believing RL committed the crime.

But all I'm seeing pretty much is: "RL is not the BG." "RL doesn't sound like the BG." "RL hasn't been cleared." "RL doesn't look like BG." "It is logical to look at RL." etc. Same, circular arguments. I guess it will remain that way until something else happens. Hopefully it will. No one wants it to turn out like Lyric and Elizabeth's case.

-
RL was involved with the Murder investigation and since his story didn't add up, he's drawn away resources, and LE says he won't cooperate with the investigation of two dead young girls.

It's just not true to say he has nothing to do with the Investigation and tracking of the Perpetrator.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member