IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm not totally convinced there were any other arrests made, as I'm pretty sure media would have been all over it weather they were related or not. I personally think LE was referring to RL when they made the general statement and were hoping to keep people from jumping to conclusions about RL. Just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The article was published on March 1, long before the search warrant for RL (the 17th).

Police are making numerous arrests each day based on tips given to investigators in Delphi, but none of those arrests involve the murders of two teen girls.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/arrests-made-in-delphi-not-connected-to-murder-investigation/

I know this wasn't directed to me, but I've gone over to the scanner thread, and have no idea how to find ANYTHING there. All I've seen is comment after comment with no information of any substance at all. What am I missing? Do I need to know the secret handshake, or what?
Wayyyy behind, as usual. I'm sure someone suggested this by now, but have you read any of the Scanner Thread for this case yet?

I know this wasn't directed to me, but I've gone over to the scanner thread, and have no idea how to find ANYTHING there. All I've seen is comment after comment with no information of any substance at all. What am I missing? Do I need to know the secret handshake, or what?

There seems to be a lot of jumping to conclusions based on things that very well may have zero connection to these murders, IMO.

Another question I have is

How does LE know that there had already been altercation before Libby had taken that video of BG ?

ETA- I apologise in advance is this was discussed early on in here

Just jumping off your post.

It has been quoted as fact over the last few days. moo

But, I haven't seen a source. Does anyone have one? TIA

Razz:
I do this on my phone so I can't see all your questions unless I write them down.

Now, though, I'm beginning to 2nd guess my theory. A bad habit of mine.

I can visualize this scenario perfectly in my mind and I'm always bewildered why others can't see it too. But......my brain works differently than most. I get from A
to Z and know exactly how I got there but I don't always "show my work" in between.

Why? Because he's an old fart and maybe they were on his land. Maybe they were checking out the cemetery, maybe they gave him a hard time. Maybe he'd been having a "cocktail" and emotions are closer to the surface, than normal.

Maybe he was yelling at them while they skedaddled up the bridge. Maybe they were laughing and that made him angrier. Maybe they were mocking him.

Incensed, maybe he thought the girls were being disrespectful.
Maybe he gets on the bridge and goes after them his anger still not dissipating.

Libby may have been nervous or maybe she thought filming him would halt him in his tracks. No, he kept on muttering under his breath.

He gets up to them and now the girls are scared. It's possible he lost his balance, leaned into Abby and over the side she went.

Both stunned, he and Libby run down the hill to see if her friend
was ok. Let's say she's not. It's apparent she has broken some bones. She's unconscious.

It's his fault. He knows it and her friend knows it. He has been drinking. He carries her over the creek w/ Libby right behind.

He doesn't know what to do.
He's in a panic. Libby is looking bad.
And then....maybe he hurts Libby.
She's a big girl. I can't help but think she's put up a heck of a fight inflaming him more.

They're both hurt and he leaves them there and takes off in his vehicle until he can clear his mind.
He comes home around 6:30 and finds that there's a search for the girls.

Early in the a.m. maybe he goes where he left them and stages the scene to make it look like a SK had done it. He can't drag both girls somewhere else as they are too heavy. He leaves them there.

Ok. Hope I addressed your questions. This is sheer fiction with maybe a little truth sprinkled in. It makes sense to me but that's probably the problem. I'm the only one who sees it.

Hello Razz,

Thank you. This answers my questions as well

You could be closer to the truth than you realize. None of us have enough information to cohesively form a complete scenario. Hopefully this is because L.E. is closing in . Hoping and praying that is the case .

Yep it's a shame and I'm 99% convinced he is innocent of this crime.

It's counterproductive as well. The more people who mistakingly believe the guilty culprit is already locked up in jail and LE is just taking get their time filing charges, the less likely LE will get the leads that they're once again asking the public for.

Start at post number 321. Edited to change post number.

One kid has escaped in other abductions--sometimes bc the perp is targeting only one of the kids, sometimes because the first one puts up a fight and consumes the perp for a second, sometimes bc the struggle bc loud enough and the risk of drawing attention is too great to chase down a second kid while leaving the first behind...

This was an isolated area with few options - trying to run past an adult male on a rickety bridge, taking off into a wooded area that created more isolation, or jumping off the bridge. In addition to these lousy options, my guess is there was activity and/or a threat as he approached and made contact that sealed the fate of these girls.

Perhaps they could have reasoned that they were done for and risked running from a gun aimed at their backs, or Libby could have said to heck with Abby and taken off, but this is placing heavy burden on two kids to save themselves in a situation where we can't see what decisions they faced, under who knows what threat or sense of terror.

I honestly don't know that LE did the victims or this case any favors by cranking the volume on the heroism narrative. I think what Libby got on her phone is miraculous, and I will not be surprised if we hear at some point that both girls fought back, even at the murder scene. But as an adult woman, I'm not sure I could have done any better. JMO

I think I read every post here so far and I haven't seen anyone say you can't sleuth RL.

The handful of those that still think RL is BG and/or "involved" have to realize that those of us who think he's definitely not BG or "involved" have just as much right to say so.

Just because we disagree doesn't mean we're telling you not to sleuth him.

On a personal note, BurntToast...I do want to say how much I appreciate your willingness to post with those of us with an opposing view instead of blocking everyone that disagrees with you.

IMO, that's admirable. You're hat is kinda cool too. :D

Absolutely. I am okay with people believing there is 0% chance it could be RL as long as they don't belittle or ask others not to post alternative opinions.

I personally think the people defending RL have an equal or maybe even greater chance of being right as those considering him more closely. Both opinions are valid until evidence emerges to exclude one or the other.

Good reminder!

Now, though, I'm beginning to 2nd guess my theory. A bad habit of mine.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

RSBM.
This is NOT a bad habit. Not at all. This is what real sleuths do. It's called having an open mind. These murder investigations are fluid..We probably have about 1% of the info LE does. (and I'm being generous) and new info comes forward all the time.

A bad habit would be to hold a theory like a dog with a bone and be inflexible to anyone else's thoughts/points.

I think that's a great quality to have. :)

This was an isolated area with few options - trying to run past an adult male on a rickety bridge, taking off into a wooded area that created more isolation, or jumping off the bridge. In addition to these lousy options, my guess is there was activity and/or a threat as he approached and made contact that sealed the fate of these girls.

Perhaps they could have reasoned that they were done for and risked running from a gun aimed at their backs, or Libby could have said to heck with Abby and taken off, but this is placing heavy burden on two kids to save themselves in a situation where we can't see what decisions they faced, under who knows what threat or sense of terror.

I honestly don't know that LE did the victims or this case any favors by cranking the volume on the heroism narrative. I think what Libby got on her phone is miraculous, and I will not be surprised if we hear at some point that both girls fought back, even at the murder scene. But as an adult woman, I'm not sure I could have done any better. JMO

I don't place any burden on kids being attacked by an adult.

I was just answering your question. The reason LE often teaches kids to run on scenarios like these is because sometimes one or more do end up getting away.

Obviously in this case, they may have tried to flee but were unable. No one should second guess their reactions being placed in a scenario like that, that's for darn sure.

RSBM.
This is NOT a bad habit. Not at all. This is what real sleuths do. It's called having an open mind. These murder investigations are fluid..We probably have about 1% of the info LE does. (and I'm being generous) and new info comes forward all the time.

A bad habit would be to hold a theory like a dog with a bone and be inflexible to anyone else's thoughts/points.

I think that's a great quality to have. :)

Hear hear!

I don't place any burden on kids being attacked by an adult.

I was just answering your question. The reason LE often teaches kids to run on scenarios like these is because sometimes one or more do end up getting away.

Obviously in this case, they may have tried to flee but were unable. No one should second guess their reactions being placed in a scenario like that, that's for darn sure.

I understand and wasn't suggesting that you personally judge them. I think as you said, something prevented them from fleeing or doing anything to turn the tables, and it's just a horrible outcome. I really wonder at what point he truly had them under control from when we see him on the bridge to when that command was given.

I'm not seeing anything that says there was a confrontation before the BG video was taken. It is almost nap time; can you point me at the quote?

Police say Libby began recording when she felt nervous during an "encounter" with the man

So to me it sounds like they have already had a encounter hence her then started to record him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required