IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so true. Except a lot of people are being run out of this thread because their opinions differ and are being bullied into leaving by being called names and mocked.

It's so obvious to many here who is doing that. I really hope they come back and know that their opinions matter and they should be respected just like everyone else.

And on that note, have a great night, Jax (and all)...I'm going back to reading.
I know the feeling..

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Come on - it's been two months & nothing?

IMO - this reminds me of the Missy Bevers case, killer caught on camera - it's almost been a year.

Call me a "Debbie Downer", but LE has no clue who BG is - IMO.

This has taken way too long.

Pleased to meet you, Ms. Downer.

I can't tell if people are just frustrated or they really believe it's taking too long and won't be solved. When the charges may be the choice between LIP or DP, I'm glad they're taking their time to get the right person and a case that's likely to result in a conviction.

I'm sure the LEOs working this case have neither the time nor the inclination to be bothered by public opinion because they're too busy finding a killer of two kids who went out for a few hours of fun and never came home.

Wow i wonder if there are any army surplus stores in the delphi area?
Map search says Indianapolis has a surplus store.
There is grissom airforce close.
And goodwill.
There is also a second hand clothing store in delphi.

I did something this evening that I had not yet done; in spite of the fact that I am really into photography, I had not played around with either of the photos of BG. I doubted I could enhance them in any helpful way, certainly in no way that would compare to the FBI! But, last night, I went to this page...

https://secure.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

and though I had looked at it before, the picture of BG seemed different... somehow.

I couldn't put my finger on it and have been thinking about it all day. So, tonight, I copied it and worked on it a bit... decreasing shadows, playing around with brightness, sharpening, etc.

Now I see clearly what seems different in the photo at that link and so many others that have been shared! In this photo, at the above site, BG, IMO, looks older, heavier, and overall stockier than I had previously thought. IMO, he looks much heavier in this photo. In my own enhancements, and they were very minimal ones, I see a face that is very different than what I have previously seen.

So, I suggest everyone do this... if you haven't already. I am seriously pausing here and now I have to totally rethink some things.

If nothing else, it validates just how tricky this whole photo thing is! I think that BG looks very different than the photo. I think LE put this out, and so quickly, because they thought someone in the public would be able to recognize BG based on his attire or his general appearance.

Thanks for sharing this story link, Bemused! :tyou:

Jumping off from the posted story link ... Some things I found interesting in today's Journal & Courier article (that I'm also pretty sure sleuthers here have considered, iirc):

Police collected a significant amount of evidence from the scene, but police aren't specifically saying what that evidence is. <...>

&#8220;We&#8217;ve gotten some (analysis) back, but we can&#8217;t really discuss what we&#8217;ve gotten back,&#8221; Hammond said. &#8220;There&#8217;s a large amount of stuff to be tested.&#8221; <...>

The amount of tips received in this case is unprecedented, Leazenby said, noting that senior FBI agents who have assisted in the investigation commented that they've never seen such a response from the community and from across the country. <...>

"The biggest thing I hear is why we&#8217;re not releasing more information to help people help us," Liggett said. <...>

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rs-shift-through-analysis-evidence/100347324/

A large amount of evidence and some went to the state and some went to FBI labs.

And IndyStar did a good job with today's update, too, imo. Basically assuring people police are still hard at work on the case, that police still believe the double murder was a random act, that they have more video from Libby's phone, etc.

I might have missed this in prior reports, though. Is the confirmation that the BG photo was cropped by police new? From that story:

Police say the image is grainy because it was cropped out of a larger image taken Feb. 13. The rest of the image has not been released to the public. <...>

Since German and Williams were found, more than 25 state, local and federal agencies have investigated more than 13,000 tips.

IndyStar story link: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-later-5-questions-delphi-killings/100413504/

I'm happy to read about any progress, and it helps to know the gargantuan amount of tips, evidence, etc., they're methodically working through.

Thoughts?

Many tryed to find a connection between the girls and the killer, but IMO, BG was there to kill to anyone who will pass. I like the theory of him buying second hand clothes because, it can be burned or donated.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bemused
Do you live close to Delphi? Not asking for a location but you're near, right?

:welcome:

to
Websleuths,

:cheer:MHCH!:cheer:

We're glad you're here!

Wow i wonder if there are any army surplus stores in the delphi area?

They are sold through a number of outlets both brick and mortar stores and online. This just looks like an older style to me.

IMO - we have nothing to sleuth anymore - except our theories - which is okay.
We're not allowed to bring SM "rumors" on WS, but, boy, are they interesting.
Well, depends on who you are. Some can..
They are very interesting. It kind of opens up different scenarios.. It's ashame it's been two months and we haven't gotten any further than the first day. Can't imagine how the family feels.[emoji22]

Pleased to meet you, Ms. Downer.

I can't tell if people are just frustrated or they really believe it's taking too long and won't be solved. When the charges may be the choice between LIP or DP, I'm glad they're taking their time to get the right person and a case that's likely to result in a conviction.

I'm sure the LEOs working this case have neither the time nor the inclination to be bothered by public opinion because they're too busy finding a killer of two kids who went out for a few hours of fun and never came home.

Nice reply - These unsolved murders have the community on edge. IMO - LE should tell the public something more. They are raising kids - they're afraid of their kids even going to school.

I live less than one hour away from Delphi, and I have a neighbor who has four little girls, she's petrified.

IMO - I don't doubt LE is working constantly on these horrific murders, but, once again, IMO, they owe the public more.

I did something this evening that I had not yet done; in spite of the fact that I am really into photography, I had not played around with either of the photos of BG. I doubted I could enhance them in any helpful way, certainly in no way that would compare to the FBI! But, last night, I went to this page...

and though I had looked at it before, the picture of BG seemed different... somehow.

I couldn't put my finger on it and have been thinking about it all day. So, tonight, I copied it and worked on it a bit... decreasing shadows, playing around with brightness, sharpening, etc.

Now I see clearly what seems different in the photo at that link and so many others that have been shared! In this photo, at the above site, BG, IMO, looks older, heavier, and overall stockier than I had previously thought. IMO, he looks much heavier in this photo. In my own enhancements, and they were very minimal ones, I see a face that is very different than what I have previously seen.

So, I suggest everyone do this... if you haven't already. I am seriously pausing here and now I have to totally rethink some things.

If nothing else, it validates just how tricky this whole photo thing is! I think that BG looks very different than the photo. I think LE put this out, and so quickly, because they thought someone in the public would be able to recognize BG based on his attire or his general appearance.
Can u post the image you worked on?

Thanks for sharing this story link, Bemused! :tyou:

Some things I found interesting in today's Journal & Courier story (that I'm also pretty sure sleuthers here have considered, iirc):

Police collected a significant amount of evidence from the scene, but police aren't specifically saying what that evidence is. <...>

“We’ve gotten some (analysis) back, but we can’t really discuss what we’ve gotten back,” Hammond said. “There’s a large amount of stuff to be tested.” <...>

The amount of tips received in this case is unprecedented, Leazenby said, noting that senior FBI agents who have assisted in the investigation commented that they've never seen such a response from the community and from across the country. <...>

"The biggest thing I hear is why we’re not releasing more information to help people help us," Liggett said. <...>

And IndyStar did a good job with today's update, too, imo. Basically assuring people police are still hard at work on the case, that police still believe the double murder was a random act, that they have more video from Libby's phone, etc.

I might have missed this in prior reports, though. Is the confirmation that the BG photo was cropped by police new? From that story:

Police say the image is grainy because it was cropped out of a larger image taken Feb. 13. The rest of the image has not been released to the public. <...>

Since German and Williams were found, more than 25 state, local and federal agencies have investigated more than 13,000 tips.

IndyStar story link: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-later-5-questions-delphi-killings/100413504/

I'm happy to read about any progress, and it helps to know the gargantuan amount of tips, evidence, etc., they're methodically working through.

Thoughts?

Thank you for the recap.

My thoughts are where they've always been: that homicide or any investigation take time. I'm happy to let the professionals do their jobs and I'm confident in their dedication, determination, and abilities.

If you haven't set up a Google alert for news on the case they are easy and it sends it either in a digest or immediately. That's how I was aware of the piece you quoted.

Well, depends on who you are. Some can..
They are very interesting. It kind of opens up different scenarios.. It's ashame it's been two months and we haven't gotten any further than the first day. Can't imagine how the family feels.[emoji22]

I think we still have a lot to sleuth. Every day there is interesting input.

Don't lose faith.

I think we still have a lot to sleuth. Every day there is interesting input.

Don't lose faith.
Agreed, I've been at it everyday since it happened... And I can't stop.. I want this girls to rest peacefully.

Agreed, I've been at it everyday since it happened... And I can't stop.. I want this girls to rest peacefully.

These I meant

Nice reply - These unsolved murders have the community on edge. IMO - LE should tell the public something more. They are raising kids - they're afraid of their kids even going to school.

I live less than one hour away from Delphi, and I have a neighbor who has four little girls, she's petrified.

IMO - I don't doubt LE is working constantly on these horrific murders, but, once again, IMO, they owe the public more.

I'm sure it's a lot worse when you're in proximity and the kids are probably scared as much as the parents are.

The LEOs have been very quiet lately and I just feel they'd ask for help if they didn't know who it is, I really do. I'm also glad they say they have a lot of evidence. The only downside is they probably collected everything in the area so it may be a lot of it is not related. And it will of course take more time for scientific testing, but let's hope the killer left a lot for them to find.

interesting. how old do you think he looks?

Can you share your work? I'd love to see it. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member