IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay last comment of the day I have a half day work...thanks good friday!!! I have to humbly disagree with the first part of your statement.... I will be the first to admit that being right about this case would be awesome.... after how little evidence we got in this case, after getting crucified at times on these threads for my beliefs, after all the investigating I did outside of this thread.... yep the two year old in me would be on this thread in a heart beat saying "told you so" :) I came to this site to sleuth this case, this is a hobby of sorts for me. If something I can find helps great, but reality is that without all the knowledge that LE has we are shooting in the dark at best.. which is why it would be so amazing if I or anyone on here was right.... I think that would be worth some bragging rights :)

RBBM

My experience has been that the mods shut that type thing down very quickly. We're here for the girls...

moo

They do have other work. The mid-west, as with much of the rest of the country, is in the midst of a heroin and meth epidemic. Every week, it seems, we hear more about the human trafficking and CP scourge, that also seems to be growing. I think that the initial month of gathering info and tips(~15000 at last report) probably gave them they need to at least figure out why/what kind of crime this actually was, and likely what direction to look in, and possible perpetrators. Now they have to find their man, and build a case, and all the extra help really had no choice but to return their home jurisdictions where they were probably sorely needed.IMO
I can't believe that as disturbed and sickened as LE was in the initial phase of the investigation, that they would "scale back" unless they had some idea of who did this. Why no arrest yet? No idea. But I remain optimistic...

Hi Nin, I will be really interested what you find out. When the girls and I attempted our recreation on our phone we decided that Libby filmed in zoom and the stills were taken from that and then probably enlarged further and enhanced. We could very well be wrong but when we filmed without the zoom, the subject looked minute compared to the naked eye view. Whereas zooming was most like what was actually being seen by Libby. Yesterday we redid the experiment with an iPhone with the same results. Zooming gave the real-life view. Not bigger, just about right. So, while I think it was zoomed and there might be some skew, I wonder if it still was more proportionate to real view.

Oh, and I just had another thought. When I did that graphic placing BG next to Abby, I could not for the life of me get his proportions right without making him taller. I "knew" that he was shorter but as I tried to measure his stature against Abby's I had to make him taller. So I am very interested. Can't wait to hear what you find out.

When you walk you actually LEAN FORWARD... Therefore your height cannot be measured when walking.

When you walk you actually LEAN FORWARD... Therefore your height cannot be measured when walking.

Wasn't that why the poster who went to the bridge added an inch or two to his estimate?

A police chief once told me that some of his best Detectives have what could be called a second sense or psychic ability when they get good hunches and follow up on them and are able to solve a crime.

Investigation and analyses were a large part of my work, and that is true for me. I just instinctively knew when I'd taken a wrong turn or if I was on the right track.

Right, but I wasn't talking about his height itself. I was interested in how he lined up logically in terms of proportion in relation to Abby. Height for me wasn't the issue except that in order not to make his feet teeny-tiny (because I am sure they aren't) I had to make him taller to get the proportion correct compared to Abby.

So, with that in mind, I will be interested to hear Nin's findings.

They do have other work. The mid-west, as with much of the rest of the country, is in the midst of a heroin and meth epidemic. Every week, it seems, we hear more about the human trafficking and CP scourge, that also seems to be growing. I think that the initial month of gathering info and tips(~15000 at last report) probably gave them they need to at least figure out why/what kind of crime this actually was, and likely what direction to look in, and possible perpetrators. Now they have to find their man, and build a case, and all the extra help really had no choice but to return their home jurisdictions where they were probably sorely needed.IMO

They have a team of investigators dedicated to solving this crime only. It looks like the numbers have dwindled a bit, so that tells me they're in a good place as to progress and don't need the extra manpower. IMO

Yes, and Indiana has been known as a "hub" for contraband since the prohibition days.
We are between Indy and Chicago, mid point on 65 would be lafayette area. Lafayette - which is now growing in population from people coming from both bigger cities - is a 15 minute drive from

Also kokomo is close.

Indiana is known as a drive through state for all the other surrounding states. We have tons of interstates going in every direction.

Is there technology that could block out the girls' voices and isolate only the perpetrator's voice? Even if he's screaming and acting scary, it would be helpful to hear more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there is technology that can do this. Case in point: the isolation of BR's voice in the JBR case. The recording of the phone call was sent to the Aerospace Corp., and they were able to remove the background "noise" to reveal BR's comment.

Okay last comment of the day I have a half day work...thanks good friday!!! I have to humbly disagree with the first part of your statement.... I will be the first to admit that being right about this case would be awesome.... after how little evidence we got in this case, after getting crucified at times on these threads for my beliefs, after all the investigating I did outside of this thread.... yep the two year old in me would be on this thread in a heart beat saying "told you so" :) I came to this site to sleuth this case, this is a hobby of sorts for me. If something I can find helps great, but reality is that without all the knowledge that LE has we are shooting in the dark at best.. which is why it would be so amazing if I or anyone on here was right.... I think that would be worth some bragging rights :)

Enjoy your .5 day off.

Yes iirc I posted it in the media thread, their work loads were piling up in their own jurisdictions.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.th...later-still-no-suspects-in-girls-murders.html

It's weird as other crimes have a lot less to go on but get arrests.

Is it going to be another small town not equipped enough to deal with such a huge case ?!

I'm thinking maybe the $200+k reward might've brought in more tips than typical? I wouldn't want to think a reward would be absolutely necessary for anyone to report a suspicion, but the large reward usually enables a case to receive more media attention.

While the large reward is a good motivator, at the same times it's another possible indication that LE wasn't able to set their sights on any particular suspect and scenario early in the investigation, even by analysis of the video.

Ok. My post just disappeared. Can't imagine why. I just said...if RL has been ruled out as to being involved in this I wish LE would state so. I believe it would change the whole game plan on trying to find out who really is responsible. Plus clear a 70 year old man of such terrible accusations.

Ok. My post just disappeared. Can't imagine why. I just said...if RL has been ruled out as to being involved in this I wish LE would state so. I believe it would change the whole game plan on trying to find out who really is responsible. Plus clear a 70 year old man of such terrible accusations.

Well the article yesterday saying they have no suspects , then throw in the comment of "he is not considered a suspect" what else do LE have to do ?

I'm sure they have better things to be doing than placate keyboard warriors. He is now in Jail so at least the outside threat has now gone and he can serve his time.

"There's still some fear and some concern out there, because obviously no one has been arrested at this point," Leazenby said on Wednesday. "But there's still a lot of support behind the investigation."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indiana-te...nsolved-months-leaving-fear/story?id=46751470

Sgt. Kim Riley of the Indiana State Police told ABC News Wednesday that police are still working leads and he is "still confident that we will make an arrest."

Leazenby said authorities follow each tip they get, and he said about 14 investigators -- from the FBI, Indiana State Police, Delphi police and Carroll County Sheriff's Office -- are working on the case each day.

Well, if the CCSO is lead(which I believe has been stated), and they don't have any more of an idea who their suspect is than they did on day one, they may just be at a loss on how to proceed. This is bigger and different than anything they've ever worked on. They've said as much. They may figure(and may have even been told) that the 13,000 or so tips generated early on are likely to be their best and only real chance at apprehending the guy, and that "one tip" they referred to needing several weeks back will likely be just that...one tip. It would likely come from a friend or family member of the suspect, and make take months or years before they receive it. They are not going to say this case is cold, even it seems to be, because they never say that unless it's been a decade or so, and even then they usually say "this is an active investigation, and this case is NOT cold". It's also election year for Sheriff Leazenby, so he has to be careful to not give any appearance of incompetency, no matter how hard he may be working on the case. Right now they have some time to flounder a bit, if that's what's happening, at least until the 6 weeks are up from the time of the SW at RL's home. Once that time is up, if they haven't made an arrest, maybe we will see another PC or some plea for help from the public? I believe that date will be ~4/24. Until then we are in limbo, as I suspect are they.
I understand why people are frustrated with the lack of relevant information being released by LE, but no one has ever addressed an opinion on why they think LE is not releasing more if they have no viable suspect. I'd be curious to hear that. TIA

And yet LE hasn't. Why do you think they haven't? RL is a longtime member of that community no matter his alcohol-related peccadilloes in the eyes of some. I'm personally of the opinion alcohol and driving under its influence is more serious than a mere peccadillo. Why hasn't LE publicly cleared RL for a double homicide? I expect we will know that and other answers as soon as LE makes an arrest, and I'm sure they will. IMO

I am running into a discrepancy of the POI/BG height positioning him on the bridge according to GH's latest video. He corrected the POI's position from being closer to the 5th platform to actually being at around the 6th platform. Initially we all thought Libby may have been standing on the 6th platform taking the video. Now she is rather in the very end (SE) of the bridge or slightly there-off.

Optical zoom may still play a role here and I have contacted GH to clarify.

Here is the discrepancy IMO. You can see how much lateral space ( to the individual's right side) would be still left, and optically he would be very short:

attachment.php

After tweaking the perspective, this one here leads to an all over better alignment IMO with the shrubbery and branch network in the background (you'd have to see it with less opacity, if you want to try that):

attachment.php

I always thought the POI/BG was closer to the 5th platform by simply counting the horizontal planks (RRTs). That is also, where GH placed him first. In that configuration I measured a height of app. 5'8" to app. 5'11" allowing 1-2 inches for correction. I reconstructed the bridge walkway according to perspective/vanishing points. That also went hand in hand with another poster's measurements here on WS basing his approach on the RRT height (guard) of app. 4".

Again, I am waiting to hear back from GH. Either the last POI/BG location is incorrect, or we have some optical zoom or the perspective playing games with us, or we have indeed a shorter individual, or I am wrong with my configurations and may as well eat dirt.

I have tremendous respect for GH and his work. I am almost sure, there is an additional variable here, we - or I - have not payed enough attention to.

All IMO

-Nin

Nin you and WebSight are both so good at this and I may not have much to offer but I have had a thought I wanted to throw out and this seems a good time to do it. The 2 shots of BG are so different in lighting which I know can change in seconds as clouds pass. But as comparing them one day I thought it seemed that the second frame where he is tilted with foot up seemed to show more of the bridge ties surface as though her phone was tilted down. We know she was moving some. When I take shots on my phone I sometimes tilt my phone and pick up light differently. I hope I'm describing it right. Tilting it vertically or down at the top. To me it almost looked like the difference in a shot if you started in a sitting position then stood up. But I don't think that was the case. Maybe she raised her hand somewhat. You may have thought of all that but I just wanted to offer up the idea of how her movement may change the perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K