IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That occurred to me also. What if the voice saying Down The Hill was a recording, not the live voice of the murderer?

What?
So the guy carries a recording saying down the hill with him?

Jmo
This was not planned
He was there doing something the girls saw him he couldn't let them go.
Saying that....... this is someone they know.
He was afraid they would tell .
It was serious enough to kill for.

Having worked in construction, machining, and industrial mechanics all of my adult life, I believe those edging boards are taller than 4". If they are made from RRT's(which they appear to be), the standard dimension is 6.5". I could be mistaken, obviously, but I know my hand is roughly 3.5" wide(same as a 2x4) and that edge lumber on the bridge appears to be more than 1/2" taller than the width of my hand. IMO
One of our posters reported he measured them at 4 inches. It was many threads ago. moo

What?

Jmo
This was not planned

What kind of illegal activity would you do on a open bridge ?

Then why did we research him and question his actions for 48 threads.

In regards to RL not being a suspect.

What?

Jmo
This was not planned

I can maybe buy this theory tho, why not just kill them and leave? Why keep them?

I'd be curious whether they've been recording the voices of the folks they interview in order to compare them with the audio from Liberty's phone? It's my understanding that voice analysis is as, or nearly as, definitive as fingerprint.

I believe that is why Homeland Security was involved. Voice recognition is their specialty.

Nin you and WebSight are both so good at this and I may not have much to offer but I have had a thought I wanted to throw out and this seems a good time to do it. The 2 shots of BG are so different in lighting which I know can change in seconds as clouds pass. But as comparing them one day I thought it seemed that the second frame where he is tilted with foot up seemed to show more of the bridge ties surface as though her phone was tilted down. We know she was moving some. When I take shots on my phone I sometimes tilt my phone and pick up light differently. I hope I'm describing it right. Tilting it vertically or down at the top. To me it almost looked like the difference in a shot if you started in a sitting position then stood up. But I don't think that was the case. Maybe she raised her hand somewhat. You may have thought of all that but I just wanted to offer up the idea of how her movement may change the perspective.

Something else I just thought of that pertains to this idea. I wondered if Libby was filming at hip height, slightly tilting the phone up, so as not to be seen. I suppose that would make a difference either in the light, or possibly, in height perception?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tricia
Let me try and clear this up for you.

Always remember hardly anything on Websleuths is Black and White. Websleuths has lots of gray areas.

Rarely do police ever say someone is a suspect unless it is obvious like Bridge Guy.

What we have to do in certain cases is use our common sense.

Why did the police get a search warrant for RL the land owner where Abby and Libby's bodies were found?

Why did the police violate his parole? If someone could find a link verifying this. I will retract if I am incorrect.

Why was RL given over three years in prison for driving convictions?

Didn't the police say he was not cooperating? You have to wonder if there is a deal to be made with RL if he cooperates.

Is there anyone else the police are looking into that has anything close to the connection to the case like RL other than BG?

To get a search warrant for his house police needed probable cause.

As the owner of Websleuths, it is up to me to make these decisions about who can be discussed and who can't. I do so by following the Websleuths guidelines along with discussing among the mods and using common sense.

Here is another good example. The murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers.

Her husband Mark wasn't ever pointed out as a suspect until shortly before he was arrested. However, his behavior made it obvious he was hiding something. This is why early on Websleuths allowed Mark Sievers to be discussed as a suspect. Same with his friend Wayne.

We take each case on its merits.

In this case, because the police had probable cause for a search warrant members can sleuth RL ONLY. Not his family, not his friends. Also, we have stated over and over no one is saying he is guilty. If someone calls him a murderer please alert and we will remove.

So when a member feels like a guy that used to date Abby or Libby's mom kind of looks like BG and wants to sleuth him we say absolutely not.

RL owned the land the bodies were found on. We did not allow sleuthing him at this point at all. It was only when the police served the search warrant did we allow members to sleuth.

Police have said he is not a suspect. They said this before, during, and after the search warrant of RL's home.

You have to use common sense and go by what police have done in the past to make these decisions.

One more thing, we only allow the initials of RL. Why? So when someone Googles his name Websleuths won't come up.

However, you go to all the other sites on the Internet, and they are tearing RL apart, using his real name and sleuthing God knows what about his past.

At Websleuths we do our best to balance between letting you discuss and being sensitive to people's situations.

You will not find any other forum on the Internet that works harder than we do to be as fair as possible.

Remember, if it too much for you and you feel it's wrong no one is forcing you to stay.

Thank you,
Tricia
Thanks Tricia

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
thanks for quoting Tricia. I was just thinking of bumping her post.

What kind of illegal activity would you do on a open bridge ?

Who said it was on the bridge?
It could haav been as they were walking around.
He got on the bridge to go get them
Jmo

IIRC someone had said he had a Dr's appt. that day, and others mentioned a probation meeting? Not sure it's ever been clarified, though. LE probably know, but we don't.
In a media interview he said he went to Delphi during the search on 2/14 and when he returned the girls had been found.

Having worked in construction, machining, and industrial mechanics all of my adult life, I believe those edging boards are taller than 4". If they are made from RRT's(which they appear to be), the standard dimension is 6.5". I could be mistaken, obviously, but I know my hand is roughly 3.5" wide(same as a 2x4) and that edge lumber on the bridge appears to be more tha 1/2" wider than my hand. IMO

I noticed earlier when I posted 4 inches that it looks taller than that. I do remember the poster reported physically measuring it.

thanks for quoting Tricia. I was just thinking of bumping her post.

I would also say that in past I have found that Admins seem to make decisions on things like this based on info that they can't share and they tend to know more than what we do. I am not saying that to imply that RL is involved in anyway. But I have a lot of faith in what the admins and mods do here and have always felt that they do an amazing job with being fair.....JMO

Something else I just thought of that pertains to this idea. I wondered if Libby was filming at hip height, slightly tilting the phone up, so as not to be seen. I suppose that would make a difference either in the light, or possibly, in height perception?

That makes sense to me as when the tracks stops there is a slight drop so she could of been on that drop bit so he couldn't see her recording him. The tracks height I think would of hidden her.

IMO

Hi Jax49
I looked up rr ties from the 1900's thinking they should be larger than 4"
But turns out los ties are smaller than modern ties, 4.25" high.

The sentence before is from Tricia's post.

Police have said he is NOT a suspect. They said this before, during, and after the search warrant of RL's home.

NOT bbm

Let me try and clear this up for you.

Always remember hardly anything on Websleuths is Black and White. Websleuths has lots of gray areas.

Rarely do police ever say someone is a suspect unless it is obvious like Bridge Guy.

What we have to do in certain cases is use our common sense.

Why did the police get a search warrant for RL the land owner where Abby and Libby's bodies were found?

Why did the police violate his parole? If someone could find a link verifying this. I will retract if I am incorrect.

Why was RL given over three years in prison for driving convictions?

Didn't the police say he was not cooperating? You have to wonder if there is a deal to be made with RL if he cooperates.

Is there anyone else the police are looking into that has anything close to the connection to the case like RL other than BG?

To get a search warrant for his house police needed probable cause.

As the owner of Websleuths, it is up to me to make these decisions about who can be discussed and who can't. I do so by following the Websleuths guidelines along with discussing among the mods and using common sense.

Here is another good example. The murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers.

Her husband Mark wasn't ever pointed out as a suspect until shortly before he was arrested. However, his behavior made it obvious he was hiding something. This is why early on Websleuths allowed Mark Sievers to be discussed as a suspect. Same with his friend Wayne.

We take each case on its merits.

In this case, because the police had probable cause for a search warrant members can sleuth RL ONLY. Not his family, not his friends. Also, we have stated over and over no one is saying he is guilty. If someone calls him a murderer please alert and we will remove.

So when a member feels like a guy that used to date Abby or Libby's mom kind of looks like BG and wants to sleuth him we say absolutely not.

RL owned the land the bodies were found on. We did not allow sleuthing him at this point at all. It was only when the police served the search warrant did we allow members to sleuth.

Police have said he is not a suspect. They said this before, during, and after the search warrant of RL's home.

You have to use common sense and go by what police have done in the past to make these decisions.

One more thing, we only allow the initials of RL. Why? So when someone Googles his name Websleuths won't come up.

However, you go to all the other sites on the Internet, and they are tearing RL apart, using his real name and sleuthing God knows what about his past.

At Websleuths we do our best to balance between letting you discuss and being sensitive to people's situations.

You will not find any other forum on the Internet that works harder than we do to be as fair as possible.

Remember, if it too much for you and you feel it's wrong no one is forcing you to stay.

Thank you,
Tricia

Not sure if this pertains to the edge/curb lumber on the bridge or not, but I would assume the edging is constructed from RRT's, as well unless someone has more info?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Railroadties.jpg
    Railroadties.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 363
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors