IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think if they were at a dead end that they would release more audio or video, and would be asking the public for tips.

Maybe they can't as it's too horrific, as the photo of BG was taken just before criminal activity begins according to LE.

<modsnip> I had a really creepy thought. I know it has been touched on but I don't think in too much depth. What if he does live with his wife, or mother, and like some thought a complete loner (loser.). Noone would miss him, right? So, she knows but is terrified. He is abusive and threatening to her. Scaring her, manipulating her to not come forward. He needs someone to get food, keep up with bills etc. Possible IMO

One thing I noticed last night, when going back through some older threads, was that the side by side photos comparing RL to BG had BG "flipped" in the earlier versions, and RL "flipped" in the latter. What I mean is, that one image or the other had been flipped as if looking in the mirror. If the portion of the picture of BG that many have said looks like a handgun under his jacket really is a handgun, then it is carried in a left-handed position. BG's posture, especially his arm/hand placement, when shown next to RL, also gives the appearance of a left-handed individual. I would assume LE is aware of this, and I may be incorrect in my observations, but I believe RL may well be right-handed, and BG left-handed. Maybe someone could bring the earliest side-by-side pics of BG and RL over to this thread? The ones where their arm placement looked so similar? TIA

Hard to read too much into the position of the pistol. In the photos, the pistol is on BG's right side, butt forward. If it's in a cross-draw or shoulder holster, then it's positioned correctly for a quick left-handed draw, and BG is likely left-handed. But if it's carried loose in a pocket, it might be butt forward just because that's the way it rests in the pocket (because most of the weight is in the butt), and BG may be right-handed. Positioned that way in a pocket, it couldn't be drawn quickly. But a quick draw, while necessary for defensive use, would be unimportant for BG's purpose.

Maybe they can't as it's too horrific, as the photo of BG was taken just before criminal activity begins according to LE.

That's what I think too, it might be too much of something to go public even if they wanted to release it. All IMO always

I have been away for several weeks due to a lack of additional momentum.

I am surprised that an arrest has not been made by now. It somewhat thins my confidence in parts of my original theories.

We all seem to navigate to different parts of this case: clothing, intent, gruesome acts, emotional reaction, etc. I have placed much focus on the origin of BG, opportunity, and then to intent. It makes considerable sense to me that BG lived within 100 miles of the crime site. However, a lack of an arrest makes that theory a little weaker. I still think that the intent was sexual and see nothing to move away from that position. I will say that other theories are just as valid. Now, opportunity; that remains a mystery but I think it comes down to three scenarios: 1) He had some degree of foreknowledge that the girls would be there on that day either through online "creeping" or word of mouth. 2) He only had immediate (same day) knowledge through a previous contact with the girls (followed from another location, overheard a conversation). 3) Complete coincidence (he was just stalking the area). I tend to throw out the third option. Option 1 or 2 still seem likely but am now leaning to the online creeping. The related question is what caused him to focus on one or both of the girls online. Was it due to a previous visit to the area, a mutual friend talking about the girls, a previous introduction, a targeted online search (location mentioned in social media), or just random? While I am leaning to one of the first three scenarios, a lack of an arrest makes me consider the the latter two.

I know we have discussed everything related, and otherwise, to this case but thought I would throw out my current thoughts.

I welcome your comments.

The above is my opinion only.

<modsnip> I had a really creepy thought. I know it has been touched on but I don't think in too much depth. What if he does live with his wife, or mother, and like some thought a complete loner (loser.). Noone would miss him, right? So, she knows but is terrified. He is abusive and threatening to her. Scaring her, manipulating her to not come forward. He needs someone to get food, keep up with bills etc. Possible IMO

IMO the killer is not married or living with with anyone.

I had the same creepy thought! In my scenario it was a parent even if elderly, who knows if they would turn in their own son, or maybe somehow they were being kept out if the loop of news granted they didn't live in town. Idk IMO always

Very much agree. Also someone to help with an alibi. It seems to me in this case, alibis are a large part of piecing it together.

That's what I think too, it might be too much of something to go public even if they wanted to release it. All IMO always

Exactly , I don't think them not releasing any more footage has any bearing on where they are in the investigation.

IMO

I hope I can ask this but please delete if it's not allowed :)

I noticed they are having different fundraisers for a softball pitch in their honor , does anybody know if there is a go fund me page or anywhere else where you can donate?

It seems like the least I can do is donate in their memory

Exactly , I don't think them not releasing any more footage has any bearing on where they are in the investigation.

IMO

Right if they can't they just can't. I believe they said it was the best they had in the presser when they first released it. That says something to me. It's really the best they could give us for whatever reason. Idk IMO

I was thinking about the accents of some of the people in this case. I think it was the same interview with Martin I linked to yesterday where RL used the word "special". He pronounced it like spayshul so it sounded odd to my ears. Sgt. Tony Slocum sounds like he's originally from OH or PA and Supt. Doug Carter has a very neutral accent to me. Carry on.

I was thinking about the accents of some of the people in this case. I think it was the same interview with Martin I linked to yesterday where RL used the word "special". He pronounced it like spayshul so it sounded odd to my ears. Sgt. Tony Slocum sounds like he's originally from OH or PA and Supt. Doug Carter has a very neutral accent to me. Carry on.

https://www4.uwm.edu/FLL/linguistics/dialect/staticmaps/state_IN.html
I thought this was interesting just wish down the hill was part of the dialect survey. It seems to be a survey anyway. Still interesting. IMO

One thing I noticed last night, when going back through some older threads, was that the side by side photos comparing RL to BG had BG "flipped" in the earlier versions, and RL "flipped" in the latter. What I mean is, that one image or the other had been flipped as if looking in the mirror. If the portion of the picture of BG that many have said looks like a handgun under his jacket really is a handgun, then it is carried in a left-handed position. BG's posture, especially his arm/hand placement, when shown next to RL, also gives the appearance of a left-handed individual. I would assume LE is aware of this, and I may be incorrect in my observations, but I believe RL may well be right-handed, and BG left-handed. Maybe someone could bring the earliest side-by-side pics of BG and RL over to this thread? The ones where their arm placement looked so similar? TIA

This is a great thought because if we can at least make one assumption that BG is left handed that would outrule quite a few people since left handed people are the minority population.

According to this link only 10% of people are left handed.
That is quite a reduction in potential persons of interest or any suspects.

http://discovertheodds.com/what-are-the-odds-of-being-left-handed/

Unfortunately we do have to make some assumptions which could be wrong. Going with the assumptions.

Assumption 1=the object that appears under the jacket when viewing the photo from our view is on left side view which is his right side of his body is even a gun. IMO I do think it is a gun. A rather large handgun IMO.

Assumption 2=placement of gun in jacket indicates he is left handed. This one is a leap because sometimes we put things where they fit the best and may or may not indicate which hand he uses. But its an assumption that could be made by some.

Assumption 3=10% of people are left handed.

Assumption 4=Suspect is not ambidextrous

The narrowing down of any potential suspects may be able to be narrowed down based on the assumptions.

This is a great thought because if we can at least make one assumption that BG is left handed that would outrule quite a few people since left handed people are the minority population.

According to this link only 10% of people are left handed.
That is quite a reduction in potential persons of interest or any suspects.

http://discovertheodds.com/what-are-the-odds-of-being-left-handed/

Unfortunately we do have to make some assumptions which could be wrong. Going with the assumptions.

Assumption 1=the object that appears under the jacket when viewing the photo from our view is on left side view which is his right side of his body is even a gun. IMO I do think it is a gun. A rather large handgun IMO.

Assumption 2=placement of gun in jacket indicates he is left handed. This one is a leap because sometimes we put things where they fit the best and may or may not indicate which hand he uses. But its an assumption that could be made by some.

Assumption 3=10% of people are left handed.

Assumption 4=Suspect is not ambidextrous

The narrowing down of any potential suspects may be able to be narrowed down based on the assumptions.

I write right handed but do almost everything with the left and don't consider myself ambidextrous. I find it really difficult to do a lot of things like opening jars with my right hand.

Being from London UK , I have no opinion on the audio as I have no idea what you all sound like state to state.

But has anybody on here picked up anything unique about it ?

I write right handed but do almost everything with the left and don't consider myself ambidextrous. I find it really difficult to do a lot of things like opening jars with my right hand.
Also guns/shooting is an eye dominance thing. Some people shoot with opposite of writing hand, because their oposite eye is dominant.

Hope that makes sense.

Is there a DNA database for the whole of the United States, or does each State have their own? I just find it incredulous that this vile excuse for a human being hasn't been caught. If there is no DNA match, could this mean it is the first time he has struck? Surely this can't be his first attack....

Many families(like my own) in Indiana came up from Kentucky to find factory work early in the last century. I've been in UT for ~12 yrs, and people still ask "what part of the south" I'm from. Lol

Is there a DNA database for the whole of the United States, or does each State have their own? I just find it incredulous that this vile excuse for a human being hasn't been caught. If there is no DNA match, could this mean it is the first time he has struck? Surely this can't be his first attack....

I'm unsure about database specifics myself ( I'm sure someone else will tell you) but I was thinking maybe he just hadn't been caught yet this was the first time caught on vid, I wonder if he knew or cared? If it was his first, he fluffed up IMO with the vid and aud.idk imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme