IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It's called CODIS = entire US. It varies though that some states collected DNA upon arrest and others only on conviction.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/laboratory/biometric-analysis/codis/codis-and-ndis-fact-sheet

Link for states upon arrest or conviction:
http://www.ncsl.org/Documents/cj/ArresteeDNALaws.pdf

Note: Iowa and Indiana do not collect DNA upon arrest.

Is there a DNA database for the whole of the United States, or does each State have their own? I just find it incredulous that this vile excuse for a human being hasn't been caught. If there is no DNA match, could this mean it is the first time he has struck? Surely this can't be his first attack....

https://www4.uwm.edu/FLL/linguistics/dialect/staticmaps/state_IN.html
I thought this was interesting just wish down the hill was part of the dialect survey. It seems to be a survey anyway. Still interesting. IMO

JMO.

I dont know if it is just the speaker on my PC or what. I found it very interesting that when I first heard the voice recording I did not hear
"down the hill".

I clearly thought he said "down there".
I have listened to it over and over and over and I still can never get the word "hill" out of it. Most everyone hears "hill" so maybe it is just the speakers I have or something.

It is so strange to me because I clearly hear the word "there" instead of "hill".

Must be my cheap PC. :)

Obviously they're not going to announce in impending arrest on Twitter, however, a reassuring "we're getting closer", or "we're making progress" goes a lot further than "unfortunately, no." I have no doubt that they're working hard on this case. I also feel like, from that comment as well as others, that if something doesn't come back from the SW that gives them a break, I think they are basically no closer to an arrest than they were when it happened.
I would be more than surprised if any LEO breaks the news of an arrest with a tweeted response to anyone. In a case of this magnitude, I'd expect to see a full press conference with all of the LEA's represented, and probably Supt. Doug Carter and Sheriff Leazenby taking the lead. IMO, they'll let the investigators talk about some of the case but I'd again be surprised if they go into too much detail before a trial has even occurred.

I'm unsure about database specifics myself ( I'm sure someone else will tell you) but I was thinking maybe he just hadn't been caught yet this was the first time caught on vid, I wonder if he knew or cared? If it was his first, he fluffed up IMO with the vid and aud.idk imo

IMO, he has limited tech knowledge. If true they did not recover the phone, he evidently didn't realize LE wouldn't necessarily need it. He may or may not have been aware of the video, but maybe took the phone because of tower pings or GPS. Maybe that's why the grandpa said the phone pinged all over because it was in transit to the dump site.

I write right handed but do almost everything with the left and don't consider myself ambidextrous. I find it really difficult to do a lot of things like opening jars with my right hand.

I'm exactly the same way, but I'm left-handed. I do most things right-handed, except writing and eating. I never thought about which way I would shoot; but as I was reading the theories about BG, I realized that I would shoot with my right hand. My brother was right-handed, but he batted left-handed when he played baseball. I do wish it were more cut and dry, so we could narrow suspects down to only left-handed people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO.

I dont know if it is just the speaker on my PC or what. I found it very interesting that when I first heard the voice recording I did not hear
"down the hill".

I clearly thought he said "down there".
I have listened to it over and over and over and I still can never get the word "hill" out of it. Most everyone hears "hill" so maybe it is just the speakers I have or something.

It is so strange to me because I clearly hear the word "there" instead of "hill".

Must be my cheap PC. :)

:p maybe your PC, I can't say for sure, maybe it's the way he says it too, I've heard added on words from others like " get down the hill" or " g'down the hill" I do think it's his accent whatever that may be.

The only case I recall from my own memory that was moved to another venue in Indiana was a murder trial in 1982(?)which was simply moved a couple counties away. Now with the widespread use of SM, it would be difficult to find an area where the case was not well-known, but at least they could find a jury that isn't directly related to the friends/family of the victims. I would assume they would simply change counties, as has happened before.
Where could they move it, legally? Maybe to Indianapolis because that's their capital and also in a different county. It will probably be a bit tough to seat a jury due to the amount of publicity and outrage the murders of two girls have garnered but I'm sure they'll accomplish it.

Being from London UK , I have no opinion on the audio as I have no idea what you all sound like state to state.

But has anybody on here picked up anything unique about it ?

The voice has more of a twang than what I'm used to hearing. As the officer said, it's very distinctive. It sounds almost back-woodsy. I don't know if any of those terms make any sense.

Also guns/shooting is an eye dominance thing. Some people shoot with opposite of writing hand, because their oposite eye is dominant.

Hope that makes sense.

You are exactly right.

Somewhat OT but I know exactly what you mean because I have this issue.

I am left eye dominant but right handed and it causes lots of problems for me when trying to aim a rifle and looking through a scope.

I finally trained myself to be able to close my left eye when viewing which was difficult to train my eye to do that.

A simple fun test to show eye dominance is to hold your finger out in front of you and look at something in the distance. Then close one eye and then close the other. Your finger will jump inches to the left or right and that demonstrates how far off you may be shooting wrong if you have the wrong eye dominance when looking through a sight.

Its actually very dangerous when shooting because you can send a bullet or projectile flying completely wrong and yet you think you are right on target.

Bows and arrows and crossbows and other weapons can have dramatic effects when the wrong eye takes over and trying to aim them.

IMO, he has limited tech knowledge. If true they did not recover the phone, he evidently didn't realize LE wouldn't necessarily need it. He may or may not have been aware of the video, but maybe took the phone because of tower pings or GPS. Maybe that's why the grandpa said the phone pinged all over because it was in transit to the dump site.

Yes the pings all over threw me off, I can think of a million scenarios as to why. But cannot stick to one. It makes me question his intelligence, as some think he may be highly intelligent. But also if he was savvy enough to locate the girls via internet somehow I would assume he understood phone stuffs. This all baffles me for sure IMO

Maybe the perp was in a rush because I would of thought in today's day and age the majority of criminals would automatically take the victims mobile phone. And let's be honest basically everybody now has one as well so why would he not search them. Maybe he got spooked ?!

Have LE ever confirmed they even have the phones ?

:p maybe your PC, I can't say for sure, maybe it's the way he says it too, I've heard added on words from others like " get down the hill" or " g'down the hill" I do think it's his accent whatever that may be.

I have always heard 'get down the hill', that is, I hear a hard 't' before 'down'. Since they're saying it sounds like he was exasperated because he had told them and they didn't comply, it could be the sentence is longer, as in "I said/I told you to, "get down the hill". He may have said do as I say and you won't get hurt and then he directed them and they didn't go at first.

I think there's room for a fast moving confrontation that escalated even faster in what appears to be the very short span of time between encounter and the command.

No. They just say the photo and the video (stills) came from her phone. Up to interpretation, IMO.

Maybe the perp was in a rush because I would of thought in today's day and age the majority of criminals would take the mobile phone. And let's be honest basically everybody now has one.

Have LE ever confirmed they even have the phones ?

For some reason, I suspected that the earliest SW's were likely ISO the phone. I suspected maybe the perp had tossed it in someone's garbage, or even into a vehicle on his way out of town.

Yes the pings all over threw me off, I can think of a million scenarios as to why. But cannot stick to one. It makes me question his intelligence, as some think he may be highly intelligent. But also if he was savvy enough to locate the girls via internet somehow I would assume he understood phone stuffs. This all baffles me for sure IMO

His voice doesn't "sound" very intelligent to me, but that doesn't always mean anything. It does make me lean slightly toward believing that he just got lucky in eluding the police this long. He may have also learned from crime shows how to keep a crime scene clean, which doesn't necessarily point to intelligence in the traditional sense.

I have always heard 'get down the hill', that is, I hear a hard 't' before 'down'. Since they're saying it sounds like he was exasperated because he had told them and they didn't comply, it could be the sentence is longer, as in "I said/I told you to, "get down the hill". He may have said do as I say and you won't get hurt and then he directed them and they didn't go at first.

I think there's room for a fast moving confrontation that escalated even faster in what appears to be the very short span of time between encounter and the command.

Makes me wonder his choice of weapons if he was exasperated and they didn't comply first time. I might personally comply more to a gun vs say pepper spray or bare hands idk IMO but I do believe his frustration may have escalated and sped things up.

After listening to the audio again he sounds younger than I thought if that makes sense. Also I still hear "Go" down the hill.

You are exactly right.

Somewhat OT but I know exactly what you mean because I have this issue.

I am left eye dominant but right handed and it causes lots of problems for me when trying to aim a rifle and looking through a scope.

I finally trained myself to be able to close my left eye when viewing which was difficult to train my eye to do that.

A simple fun test to show eye dominance is to hold your finger out in front of you and look at something in the distance. Then close one eye and then close the other. Your finger will jump inches to the left or right and that demonstrates how far off you may be shooting wrong if you have the wrong eye dominance when looking through a sight.

Its actually very dangerous when shooting because you can send a bullet or projectile flying completely wrong and yet you think you are right on target.

Bows and arrows and crossbows and other weapons can have dramatic effects when the wrong eye takes over and trying to aim them.
Yep! My husband is the same way... that is how I know. Also because i took a class when I got my conceal carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme