IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree with that. Somebody suggested a selfie stick held high, catching the guy walking behind them, and I think that might work, but otherwise it's hard to explain. Drone maybe? -
I think he was a great distance away from whomever took the photo. LE has zoomed in and cropped the photo, hence the shoddy quality.

I would assume a drone would have been noticed by someone else out there and mentioned it. A drone would be flying above in a wide open sky and hard to miss.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That is indeed a fanny pack. About the age, the first time I saw him, I thought he was a rather out of shape and portly middle aged man around age 45. Or even older. Someone mentioned that he may have gray facial hair or a gray goatee. I agree that that is possible. I don't think there's anything wrong with his gait. He's a middle aged man who is pretty out of shape. I don't imagine he is the finest hiker.

Say what? I don't understand what you're saying. Are you taliking about a specific person?

Off topic, but you'd be surprised who goes hiking unprepared. Went on vacation to the rockies early one summer. Took a gondola to the top of a mountain ( about 11,000 ft at the summit) guy got off the gondola with no backpack wearing flip flops and carrying the morning newspaper and asked the park ranger if she thought it was a good idea for him to hike down the still closed and snow covered mountain... wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.

It's not really a hike. It's a trail of an old railroad track... no roots, no rocks, flat for a train to be able to travel.

Does anyone know how these girls died? Was there sexual assault on both girls.I'm trying to figure out the motive.

Do hitchhikers often use this highway?

I hope this info is out where truckers (in that area) would see it.

The Hoosier Heartland Highway (IN 25) is a very nice road finished about 4 years ago, but it is not extremely heavily traveled. The 16 or so miles to Logansport is largely rural farmland. There are a few extremely small towns in between. I've driven a section of it probably around every other month, and the whole stretch probably 2 dozen times total. I've never seen a hitch-hiker on it. A few years ago there was a pee-pee emergency with one of my passengers and we pulled over and he peed in the ditch. There's a stretch of about 12 miles with no gas station. He could have hiked near it unnoticed, but not hitchhiked? (there are also active train tracks running along side)

Does anyone know how these girls died? Was there sexual assault on both girls.I'm trying to figure out the motive.
The authorities are limiting that information.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I believe they have a match on the suspect because they matched the bullets to a gun coming from something close to that seen in his pocket. You people can't see his gun? Do you not shoot? Or are you blind

http://www.wthr.com/article/man-pho...ail-now-named-suspect-in-murder-of-teen-girls

That is a gun. He shot those girrls

He may have shot them, but that picture doesn't prove it, and no arrest is going to happen based on a fuzzy picture that looks like it shows a gun that (might have) fired that kind of bullet.

“We are all involved in this. I think everybody is felling stressed, frustrated, scared, sorrowful. Everybody is trying to find the words to describe the evil that was inflicted to these girls,” said Mayor Evans.

Mayor Evans is asking everyone to be careful of what they are posting online.

“Please leave it to the police. Everybody has speculations but to put it out there publicly it is a lot of stress for the families,” said Mayor Evans.

While Evans asks for understanding, police continue to ask for your tips. Any information that might help them find their suspect and solve this case.

“This person can be anywhere. He still could be here, he could be down the road somewhere. We want to catch this guy, we want to talk to him, we want to get this case solved,” said Sgt. Riley.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/20/indi...-main-suspect-in-murders-of-two-delphi-teens/

LE hasn't even told the public where the photo of the suspect came from, do you really think they'd release a cause of death and whether there had been a sexual assault?

They have not released that info yet. Not formally anyway. I am going to predict, sadly, that at least one victim was sexually assaulted though.

The slats on the bridge are at different angles in the two released images. Therefore the images were captured by a non-stationary camera. JMO

I'm a stringer. I do agree. But notice the 6 or so circular in a cylinder position.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

The jpeg compression on a low end trail camera (or most phones) is 16:1 Meaning, it doesn't save sixteen pixels worth of individual color and brightness.... instead, it takes an average of all 16 and makes all 16 pixels one in the same color and brightness. You lose so much detail that a piece of the nose can be combined with the top of the mouth. Hiding all the detail of the lips versus the nose... In that photo with the suspect, you can tell very little. If I had to guess, I would say it was his brown coat underneath protruding out below the blue jacket on top. I think we are all reading too much into a grainy photo. IF you can't see his face detail, you certainly can't see a smaller fanny pack... or anything. But it is the same color as the back of the brown jacket...in my humble opinion.

He may have shot them, but that picture doesn't prove it, and no arrest is going to happen based on a fuzzy picture that looks like it shows a gun that (might have) fired that kind of bullet.

Yes, and if they had the name of the suspect, they would release that.. right away with a BOLO.

JMO
Or helping to secure a strap like a gun strap or backpack strap.

Most people when walking on those trestles would use hands to balance. I think he is keeping them in his pockets to keep whatever strap he is got slung over a shoulder in place.
I thought it looked like the girl in the snap chat photo had at least one hand in her pocket, too. It could just be the angle, though.
ETA: just when I think I've had an original thought

I can see how he (if drifter) possibly arrived at the bridge, and I agree it's possible he didn't get far in 24 hours. I suppose I just keep wondering about his mindset... was he on a mission to find victims? Did he just happen upon them? I suppose he could have been watching them long enough to know they were there alone, as well as determining the "best area" (quiet & no foot traffic) to commit a crime. As always, it's just a guess on these things. But, for me... this aspect of the crime is more intriguing than analyzing the perps pic over and over and over and...
I'm with you. The logistics of this is what is so intriguing to me. The crime itself doesn't take a lot of time, but traveling in and out of the area that they were found isn't something that can be done in a flash. I would imagine that the drainage ditches are holding water this time of year. There is at least one substantial ditch between the bridge and the spot where they were found. The picture of the suspect on the bridge doesn't show a guy who is muddy or wet. He is also walking to the southeast(opposite side from the crime scene) in that picture, just like the one of Abby. So either that was prior to the crime or he managed to avoid getting wet or muddy.

Also, that bridge can't be walked too quickly. It is in bad condition and I've seen where it is some 850' across. Crossing it at least twice would take time. If he only crossed the bridge once, he either crossed the creek leaving without using the bridge or he left the area using a totally different route than he used to enter.

The topography, the creek, the bridge, the limited access by vehicle, the combination of it being somewhat secluded and at the same time an area that is visited by locals, limited time-frame, etc... It doesn't seem to allow for much middle ground. Either was thoroughly planned by someone who knew the area and the times that he would have to work with OR it was an incredibly unlucky encounter with an opportunistic killer.

My reasoning behind it being one extreme or the other is that if it were planned, it was done so in a manner that allowed for the perp to do this without his vehicle ever being spotted and he was able to control 2 girls over potentially a considerable distance in rough terrain.

On the flip side, if it is totally random and he's just a drifter on foot, he can enter and leave in whatever direction and did not have to backtrack or go to specific point to retrieve a vehicle, bike, or motorcycle.

It seems there are two major scenarios that lead in opposite directions. Of course, there is a ton of info we aren't privy to.

The jpeg compression on a low end trail camera (or most phones) is 16:1 Meaning, it doesn't save sixteen pixels worth of individual color and brightness.... instead, it takes an average of all 16 and makes all 16 pixels one in the same color and brightness. You lose so much detail that a piece of the nose can be combined with the top of the mouth. Hiding all the detail of the lips versus the nose... In that photo with the suspect, you can tell very little. If I had to guess, I would say it was his brown coat underneath protruding out below the blue jacket on top. I think we are all reading too much into a grainy photo. IF you can't see his face detail, you certainly can't see a smaller fanny pack... or anything. But it is the same color as the back of the brown jacket...in my humble opinion.

yeah this was discussed before but at least someone else knows whats up

I'm wondering if someone knew they were going to go hiking that day and waited for them.

I disagree. Stabbing someone to death would leave blood stains. Shooting someone leaves fine sprays of blood. Definitely not picked up by this poor image. Also I argue there is a gun in the perp's pocket. A 9mm. To anyone who has owned a gun it
is the obvious curve of the grip.

I think he arranged to meet them via SM in the graveyard. Great spot for a perp. Might have strangulated one

http://www.wthr.com/article/man-pho...ail-now-named-suspect-in-murder-of-teen-girls

Another poster thought it looked like a Glock. Would that be the same thing? Sorry for sounding ignorant but I don't know much about handguns...

I'm one of those that thinks it came from a trail cam or security camera. Now, I may be 100% incorrect about that, but it would not have to be mounted the way you describe.

You can see there are plenty of trees where a camera could be mounted at a normal height toward the southeast end of the bridge, which also happens to the closest to personal residences and the direction which the suspect appears to be heading in the picture. (Start from about 7:45 in and watch til the end of the bridge.)

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890&t=7m45s[/video]
I can see the possibility...but I think it's the less probable option.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member