IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job with the photo cleanup. Real nice.

I am more convinced now the hat or hoodie had a camo pattern on it.

And what looks like a thick bushy mustache looks pretty clear now.

Have to zoom it to see it good.

Transcript:

Monday, 2/20/2017

Jean Casarez
Thank you so much for joining us and I know that you are in the midst of this criminal investigation, but I want everybody to look at this picture of who you are now saying is the main suspect. That’s the word we’re getting -- this person right here - that you want anybody who knows who this is, has seen this person, to come forward to your office, and I really want to look at the pictures carefully. What identifying features can you tell our audience that you see on this man that can help alert someone that they’re seeing him as they go about their daily life?

Sheriff Leazenby:
I think, Jean, the main thing is the uh… the clothing, if they recognize the clothing of this individual, uh particularly those possibly connected with this individual, if they recognize it. Um, just anything outward appearance wise that may give someone ideas as to who it is and maybe it possibly being a relative.

Jean Casarez:
Do you see something on the right hand, his right hand side, where his hand is. Is that his shirt coming down under the jacket or is that something like a fanny pack right there?

Sheriff Leazenby:
That…that is something that is still… uh being evaluated in the investigation, Jean.

Can someone point me to a MSM article that states they died on different days? I don't doubt the people saying this, but I looked at so many articles and updates yesterday and still had trouble finding one with an accurate timeline.

Is there a timeline thread, yet?

Sorry for such a basic request.

Thanks, ya'll are the best.

I wonder if one or both of the girls' families may have not seemed too worried, and if not, could that have played a part in the official police search being called off at midnight? I recall Libby's grandfather saying he thought perhaps they had been making their way to Libby's mother? For him to have that thought, it made me wonder if Libby at least, had done something like this before? He said he didn't think she had been upset with her dad, had no indication of that, but yet it seems to be the first thing he thought of. (How the girls might travel to Libby's mom's, I have no idea, and wouldn't that be worrisome in itself?) Have we heard anything about prior instances of 'leaving home', or not coming home as expected after being at a friend's house, or anything like that?

On that first evening, weren't search parties already arranged and searching for the girls? If so, after coordinating all of that, which must have taken some time after the 5:30pm missing call came in, it does seem weird that they would pack up for the night at midnight. From what I recall, it sounds like the family and others did end up searching all through the night, but sounds like the official police search was called off until morning. In hindsight, it is probably good that there weren't large groups searching, due to potentially contaminating evidence. For the police, I think their own safety and that of the search group they are coordinating, might be a priority if it seems it would be fruitless to search in the dark? If they can't see much, then they would have to revisit the same areas again during daylight, which would be a duplication of efforts and perhaps wasteful of resources?

I haven't heard about any K9s being part of the search, wouldn't that have been key in a case like this when the girls' exact location at 2pm had been known, so they had a starting point, and also that they were presumably travelling on foot?

It would sure be interesting to know what the ME's estimated TOD was. It would be terrible to find out the girls had died within a few hours of being found, which could mean they may have still been alive after midnight when the searches were called off. Ugh.

Sleep with my 13 year old child missing? The families must be sick from what's happened to their precious eighth grade girls.

The piece I read stated LEOs search was called off at 2am Tues morning. The official search picked back up again on Tuesday the 14th at 11:30. The girls were discovered around 12:15pm on the afternoon of the 14th at the edge of the creek and upstream. Does that indicate they floated to the creekside bank? A residence was searched at 7pm for over two hours on the 16th or within 53 hours of their precious bodies being discovered.
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/1096...e90d77fbaef542!2m2!1d-86.6480581!2d40.5926352

A massive search of the area began, led by local and state police. A drone was used during the search and family members and friends of the girls assisted. A K-9 and dive team were also brought in to help find the girls.
They expect more warrants on many other homes.
Wow. Does that mean they suspect a local(s) killed the girls? I suggest that it does.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/16/police-on-scene-serving-warrant-at-delphi-home/

Can someone point me to a MSM article that states they died on different days? I don't doubt the people saying this, but I looked at so many articles and updates yesterday and still had trouble finding one with an accurate timeline.

We do need a media thread. Check their obituaries for the TOD.

I know its unlikely, but would overlaying the visible part of his face from both pics bring out a little more detail? They'd need to be sized to match also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We do need a media thread. Check their obituaries for the TOD.

I just caught up from overnight and the first thing I thought was I don't have anything much to add right now, but could we maybe have a Media, Maps & Timeline thread, mods?

So many maps and videos and articles and details and of course, photos! Be great to have them all in one place.

I am adding a timeline of 15 captioned slides from the TheIndyChannel link provided at the end of my post.

TIMELINE
DELPHI TIMELINE slideshow 1-15 each captioned.Teen girls found dead after disappearing while hiking
A terrible 48 hours for a small community in Carroll County: Two girls, ages 13 and 14, went on a hike and disappeared. The next day, two bodies were found during the search for them and the following day, the bodies were positively identified as the two girls by authorities.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/timeline-13-year-old-girls-go-missing-bodies-found

Upthread in post 487 poster Hoosier commented:

"I found the timeline of the search resuming the next day at 11:45 am in this article quite worrisome as well. (slide 6/15) http://www.theindychannel.com/news/t...g-bodies-found. I assume that meant some type of official, organized search or maybe it's wrong, but it's bugged me since that article came out. Why wouldn't they start at daybreak? "

According to the timeline the organized search was delayed around midnight of the 14th and according to (slide 6/15 )the organized search did not resume until 11:45 Feb 15th.

That's giving the perp(s)a big gift of time for the trail to grow cold.

A huge thanks to DeDee who has been a wonderful friend throughout my husband's 2 years of chemo treatments.

:cow:

They would call them in if they were certain of was a crime. At the time, people didn't know if they were just runaways. I don't know any town, large or small, that brings in the amount resources you suggest on one day, unless they know with certainty the teen is in imminent danger.

A crime should not be the only reason to call in for reinforcements (ie. The State Police, or any other agency with more and better resources) or K9 units. What about just for the safety of the girls. In my area, there have been several cases of missing persons where LE and volunteers have searched day and night from hour number one. Granted, where I live is much more heavily populated with a high concentration of State, Local and Federal LE agencies.

According to the timeline the organized search was delayed around midnight of the 14th and according to (slide 6/15 )the organized search did not resume until 11:45 Feb 15th.

This is the main point of my post #623.
LE gave the suspect a head start of several hours.
Anywhere from 6 to 12 hours depending on which timeline is correct.

As for the two-tone pants thing: really, he wants to be inconspicuous but chooses a very unusual pair of pants? No. They are too noticeable.

The jeans are highly noticeable with their bagginess and length makes them unique. Others have searched and I've viewed at least $7mm worth of men's jeans inventory searching for them. Carhartt. Cabela's. LLBean. Even Walmart! Nothing similar to his britches could be located in Bing or Google searches.. Are they vintage? Are they worn by a specialty field worker? SOS on IDing his britches; his dungarees. Danke.

Then, I figured out what it is. He is wearing a brown belt through his belt loops. the belt holds the fanny pouch in place.

Have area businesses checked security footage for men dressed like this??? Call me crazy....but if they did...and he paid with a credit card or check...we then would have a name and address...at least of someone matching that description on that day. I know LE can't force businesses to do this....but it could solve the mystery.

I don't work in LE....crime solving is my latest hobby and I'm a novice.

The jeans are highly noticeable with their bagginess and length makes them unique. Others have searched and I've viewed at least $7mm worth of men's jeans inventory searching for them. Carhartt. Cabela's. LLBean. Even Walmart! Nothing similar to his britches could be located in Bing or Google searches.. Are they vintage? Are they worn by a specialty field worker? SOS on IDing his britches; his dungarees. Danke.

Then, I figured out what it is. He is wearing a brown belt through his belt loops. the belt holds the fanny pouch in place.
They look to me like Wrangler boot cut possibly a 36 inch length

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Had them already done. This is the best I can do DeDee. Not very clear. Looks as though that brown bit on HIS right side is flat with the blue jeans and his hand is in there.When I zoom in on this...very distorted...it looks like a a white object coming out of his mouth..cigarette?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow....wouldn't it be great if there was a cigarette hanging out....then there should be a cigarette butt to extract DNA from. I don't see the cigarette. I actually don't see much at all except the colors of his clothes. Does LE have the tools to clean this picture up?

I'd be willing to bet that local businesses handed any and all security camera footage in to police and where asked not to comment about what they may have saw on it until after the police finish their investigation.

"I found the timeline of the search resuming the next day at 11:45 am in this article quite worrisome as well. (slide 6/15) http://www.theindychannel.com/news/t...g-bodies-found. I assume that meant some type of official, organized search or maybe it's wrong, but it's bugged me since that article came out. Why wouldn't they start at daybreak? "

A huge thanks to DeDee who has been a wonderful friend throughout my husband's 2 years of chemo treatments.

:loveyou: It is good to see you here. We need your savvy insight. Check one more time on photo 6/15."February 14, around 11:45 a.m.: The search for the missing girls was resumed. All crews were called to the area near the Monon High Bridge to continue the search for Libby and Abby."

We are not privy as to reason why the official search did not begin at dawn yet waited until 11:45am.. Exhausted workers and volunteers? Waited on K9s to arrive? Met first for a search grid discussion? No doubt a legitimate reason. Thankfully, it did not take long once they picked up the search again. Poor baby girls. Evil caught them off guard, unprotected and defenseless.

I think in 1 pic he looks like he is casually walking being careful of his step. The next 1 he seems walking at a fast pace. Maybe?
8cc35013b51b1e2200193afb916e5173.jpg

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Been here since day 1.

First off I thought okay, the police either know everything or nothing ... now I'm pretty sure they know nothing.

The uumming and ermming officer comes accross as someone who, as we say in the UK, couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery ... I have very little faith in these people at all.

You have 2 missing girls, last since on a trail and yet you all clock off for the night and go home?

Then you have 2 dead girls and a photo/video of the suspect and a week later, all you can do is fluffing uumm and erm on the TV news!!!

When is someone going to show up and take charge and get this ***** show on the road and get the dammed suspect in a cell???

On another note. Every 'tip' reported must be looked into and as helpful as people think it is, it takes up time and resources checking out some guy who lives 200 miles away who has a photo on facebook from last year wearing dad jeans and a blue jacket ...

Don't even get me started on the slanderous fb group ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove