IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there is such wild speculation going on locally, LE just feels the need to hold a press conference to stop the flow of some of the rumor.

Yesterday I thought they should do just that.

So one of the first things you learn not to put a "trail cam" on is a small branch that sways or moves. The obvious distance would be way off in daytime to trigger anyways.

Also if it's from somebody else's phone say a witness or bystander. We have a description released with sketch or a more informative description.

One phone that is fact of being on that bridge, liberty's phone. Keep is simple.

And I'm just wondering since some so strongly believe it's a trail cam for security lol. We can't even identify a suspect in a double homicide from this cam. Do you really think Batman's put his trail cam up out here to catch people stealing rail road spikes lulz.

Also who's risking said life hanging off a bridge 60 some feet above the ground to hide a trail cam at that specific location on the bridge.

A moving trail cam or swaying is just going to eat up space all day long. Capturing pics with nothing in them.

Also press conference: possibly to link the murders to other crime(s)

It's a historic site. The bridge is 130 years old. It would not surprise me that there was a camera somewhere to monitor the bridge. It's practically falling apart. I'm not saying the pictures came from one source or another, I just want to point out there are cameras EVERYWHERE. This man doesn't appear to be the focus of the picture since it's safe to assume this has been significantly zoomed in and cropped. Until LE says something other than video, I'm going to assume their initials comments of video in the area are accurate. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This part of the above article also is interesting. We had discussed earlier how quickly the victims are murdered.

Heide and colleagues also report on the most complete previous study of sexually motivated child abduction murders. Analysis of 621 cases representing 44 states across the U.S. showed that in 44 percent of the cases the victim was deceased within one hour after they were abducted. Within three hours, 74 percent of victims were dead. Fast action in missing children cases becomes vital because data suggests there is typically a two-hour delay after a child is reported missing.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. This makes me lean towards the thought of him knowing they were there alone and/or dropped off for an extended period of time. It would be pretty risky of him to assume those things as he just happened upon them. If he did assume and oops here comes dad or mom right behind them then he's screwed.

Thank you...and this part:

"Heide, Beauregard and Myers also report location patterns now play a crucial rule in the way forensic science is used to apprehend culprits. They report studies which conclude that in the majority of cases (72 percent,) the radius from the body recovery site to murder scene is less than 200 feet. The distribution was different when it came to journey from the initial contact setting to the murder site: 31 percent travelled 0–199 feet, whereas 43 percent trekked 1.5–12 miles.

Christine Gregoire an Attorney General from Washington State reports the killers are usually at the initial contact site for legitimate reasons. They either lived in the area or were engaging in some routine. She also reports most child abduction murders are opportunistic. Only in 14 percent of cases was the victim picked out because of some physical characteristic. The initial contact site is within 1/4 mile of the victim’s last known location in 80 percent of cases."
Pretty chilling. A wrong place, wrong time scenerio.[emoji17]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The press conference being tomorrow really has me thinking. There HAS to be a reason to put it off...my head is exploding.

Mine too...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
db42c251f166b5f1d691e197a0841830.gif

Awesome work. Really helps me get the scene straight in my mind. Would you be able to put Libby's appx location in this graphic too?

I believe a poster already worked on it. Not sure, where it is, but perhaps he/she can re-post it? -Nin

Perhaps this will illustrate it better,
attachment.php

Look at the angle of the cross ties in the inset image compared to the photo taken from the side platform.

How do you get that angle standing on the bridge?

Attachments

• 2VhnmWL.png
    2VhnmWL.png
    799.5 KB · Views: 649
That's what I've seen since first analyzing the images.

Great sleuthing by the folks on here re: where on the bridge this guy waa. My first instinct was to say they were close to the end of the bridge when those images were taken from a trail cam, then I figured it must be phone video. I thought he was close to them, as in within 4 or so steps, but the quality of the images is poor enough to suggest he was at least 50 feet away.

I just grabbed a spare phone of mine, an HTC which is about a year old. Took a 3 second video in my backyard, which has trees and brush along the property line about 60 feet away, with a grassy pathway. Moved/panned the phone slightly for the 3 sec. video. Then came inside to take a screen shot to analyze it

Zooming in on stuff 60+ feet back reveals no depth of field, and other optical effects which photographers look for in image quality. Plus, this guy was moving.

I maintain those images were taken mere moments before he attacked them. He could have waited near the spot where they were murdered, waiting for (I hate to say this) the right victim or victims to get on the bridge. He watches them, notes the speed with which they were traveling across the bridge, and then figured he had to make his move. Walks along the creek on the far side, gets on to the bridge, and mere minutes later is almost across the bridge when the images were taken on the phone.

Almost across the bridge, and mere steps away from the girls, he pulls out one, maybe two weapons. They panic, and start running down the embankment towards the creek, then follow the creek while he's chasing them.

They get to the creek and start to cross it. He's taller, and is able to cross the creek just a little more quickly than them. Catches up either in the creek or on the far embankment, maybe it was in the creek the one girl put up a fight.

This scenario explains further the tight time frame. They could have been dead by 3PM, maybe even as early as 2:30 or so.
Also. Wonder. Could he have someone waiting in the spot they ended up at?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Look at the angle of the cross ties in the inset image compared to the photo taken from the side platform.

This is really good. Will you do it with the 2nd photo as well?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. This makes me lean towards the thought of him knowing they were there alone and/or dropped off for an extended period of time. It would be pretty risky of him to assume those things as he just happened upon them. If he did assume and oops here comes dad or mom right behind them then he's screwed.

I also don't buy the whole splashing through the creek to flee scenario... there were other people there that day and that would make a lot of noise, screaming, a fight in the middle of the water, killer would have done pretty much anything to avoid that scenario. IMO he either got them off the bridge quickly and through the woods to an area he had already scoped out or they met him there. MOO

Awesome work. Really helps me get the scene straight in my mind. Would you be able to put Libby's appx location in this graphic too?

In the picture where the guy's right foot is solidly on the ground - what is that at the far left edge of the picture? I've looked at this several times and can't figure out what it is. There are no trees or poles or what have you that would be in that position that I can see. Anyone know what it is? Please tell me. Going nuts.

Not sure what you are saying but clearly one of the two photos is skewed, that being the second one, the track do not line up in the two released from LE.

I

I still say we have to remember what he's walking on. That youtube video showing how huge the gaps are is downright scary. No one in their right mind would walk "normal". Esp if you're concealing your hands in your pockets or just placing them there because you're chilly. I do agree fliers should be placed everywhere.
Thank you. I have said this at regular intervals on each thread for these girls. Not possible to determine gait on a person watching their feet to avoid falling through the bridge.

attachment.php

IMO you don't.

Been mulling over that one comment by investigators saying this man in the photo may "have participated" in the crime. I wonder if something at the scene (s) leads them to believe it could be more than one perp? Also, I wonder if the force has had time to review any and all video monitors (i.e. gas stations, stores, walkways)?

If police have reason to believe there was more than 1 perp, I hope they would be clear on that... otherwise I wonder if people who perhaps may have noticed something with *two* people would not bother reporting, since to date in the news, this seems to be about only one person. Even if they would say something like, this man may or may not have had an accomplice, so please forward any and all tips, it would be helpful.

attachment.php

Have to be at that angle from him

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Same here. I've hiked in 3 states, in national, state, and local parks. Never saw a camera on a trail. One park had a surveillance set up with a generator in the parking lot, 24/7, to deter petty criminals from breaking into cars, but it was temporary.
I dont think its important, but I think whatever is on the left side of the screen could reveal where the camera is. Looks like something mechanical. If its a trail cam, I think he's too far away to set it off. Someone else would have had to set it off. I tried to get better detail, but can't tell what it is.
db416ba102f3ebdf83a160b77d987ee1.jpg
7a7f2fee02d6d68416e001787601f651.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I also don't buy the whole splashing through the creek to flee scenario... there were other people there that day and that would make a lot of noise, screaming, a fight in the middle of the water, killer would have done pretty much anything to avoid that scenario. IMO he either got them off the bridge quickly and through the woods to an area he had already scoped out or they met him there. MOO

I think the reason people are entertaining the cross the river scenario is that the POI is headed in the direction on the bridge in which that would have to be the way it happened. And if it was Libby who took the photo, they would have been on that side as well. Of course, it could have gone down after all of them crossed back over the bridge.

Hi again. Sorry to keep pushing this, but I think it's important.

I think this was a sophisticated, targeted attack. I think this guy meticulously planned this from the beginning. I think this was his first attempt because I believe he did it where he grew up and has intimate knowledge of the geographic area. I believe this was a trial balloon so to speak as he will venture to other places. I believe he will be incredibly hard to find/catch because he will be searched for in the wrong places.

If I were a local I would be rounding up yearbooks from the local high school from 1990 to 2005ish and accounting for profile applicable males and their whereabouts and activities. I would start scanning hookup sights and dating apps like timber et al and looking for teenage boys profiles from 16-18ish, I don't know, I'm not an internet expert but I'd bet there's clues to find there.

Even if I'm completely wrong and this turns out to be something else, this threat is 100% real and 100% preventable. KNOW what your kids are doing!! NEVER meet someone from the internet in a place where you don't have the defensive/escape advantage!

I believe this person is on the move and monitoring this investigation.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if he had a gun or a white spot on his shoe or a set of binoculars. It doesn't matter if he had a camo hat or a hoodie, or even a goatee as he will shave it. What matters is he's not caught and will certainly strike again. It's not a matter of if but when.

These families had their world stolen from them, it cannot be allowed to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem